Author Topic: What a chokejob  (Read 4927 times)

Re: What a chokejob
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 01:12:59 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
We lost and Rondo didn't play? Well so much for the 'Rondo makes us lose' theories we have had to endure reading the last couple of days.

Ok I'll stop being grumpy now :)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »

Offline kp4000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
Welcome to the Celtics 2012-2013. If you expect more from this team you will be sadly disappointed. Here to the near future when we can rebuild and watch exiting young players who have the desire, energy and athleticism to play basketball. This? This year? Nah! I've watched jsut about every team in the NBA this year, and they play with energy, excitement and a will and desire to win.

Watching this years geriatrics and heartless fools is akin to getting teeth pulled

Your words are harsh, but sadly true. This team plays with no energy or the desire to dominate teams. This has been the worst performance of Celtic basketball I've seen the Garnett era. Last season's team struggled, but u could see they would of eventually improve. This season's team is the opposite.

I don't like the pieces surrounding Garnett, Pierce, Rondo and Bradley. I think some of the new players are too offensive minded and not defensive minded. Also, I think Ainge reconstructed this team too small and too offensive minded, and you can see it's hurting them against bigger teams. Right now the Celtics look like the best mediocre team in the NBA. A team with star-studded players that can't seem to play 48 mins of fundemental basketball.

Contending teams shouldn't give up 17pt leads. Right now this team is mentally and physically weak. Until the Celtics front office realize the flaws of this roster, the team will continue to struggle. For now fans should hibernate until April. LOL

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Welcome to the Celtics 2012-2013. If you expect more from this team you will be sadly disappointed. Here to the near future when we can rebuild and watch exiting young players who have the desire, energy and athleticism to play basketball. This? This year? Nah! I've watched jsut about every team in the NBA this year, and they play with energy, excitement and a will and desire to win.

Watching this years geriatrics and heartless fools is akin to getting teeth pulled

I've been reading "time to start the rebuild" posts since the end of the 2009 season. It's too early to start throwing dirt on this team's grave.

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 02:27:55 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
It's like they said to hell with ball movement let's go 1-on-1!

it's almost like they were playing without their star point guard who averages 13 assists a night.

still a chokejob anyway you slice it and dice it. Should not have lost.

Double-digit comebacks occur EVERY night in the NBA.  The Bucks had 43 minutes to chop away.  Not saying I was glad about it, or that  the C's played well after the start, but losing a 17 point lead isn't necessarily a choke job.  It's a streaky league.

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

it's almost like they were playing without their star point guard who averages 13 assists a night.

Double-digit comebacks occur EVERY night in the NBA.  The Bucks had 43 minutes to chop away.  Not saying I was glad about it, or that  the C's played well after the start, but losing a 17 point lead isn't necessarily a choke job.  It's a streaky league.

Unfortunately, they choked it away in about 15 minutes, playing horrific defensive basketball.  There's really no excuse for giving up 36 points in a quarter.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 11:20:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Unfortunately, they choked it away in about 15 minutes, playing horrific defensive basketball.  There's really no excuse for giving up 36 points in a quarter.

Can the excuse be that on the entire roster the only true center is Jason Collins?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 04:56:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Can the excuse be that on the entire roster the only true center is Jason Collins?

What's a true center, and why doesn't KG fit the bill?

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

6'11''+, long, plays close to the basket, boxes out, strong in the post, active rebounder, blocks shots, finishes at a high percentage within 5 feet of the basket.

When KG is at center he does act like a true center most of the time, although he drifts out to the perimeter a lot offensively -- even when he posts up, he still fades away most of the time -- and at this point in his career he's not really much of a factor as a shot-blocker or rim defender.  He's still pretty effective at gobbling up pick and rolls and obviously he's one of the best in the league at quarterbacking a defense.

The main issue here isn't KG, though, it's the fact that unless KG is on the floor, the Celtics have about as much substance in the middle as an inner tube.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Plays close to the basket, boxes out, strong in the post, active rebounder, blocks shots.
Jason Collins doesn't box out, block shots, or rebound actively.

As a matter of fact, there aren't more than a handful of players in the NBA that fit the bill, as described (mostly because no-one really boxes out anymore, but still :P).

Also, boxing out is one of those corky things that only works if the whole team is doing it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Plays close to the basket, boxes out, strong in the post, active rebounder, blocks shots.
Jason Collins doesn't box out, block shots, or rebound actively.

As a matter of fact, there aren't more than a handful of players in the NBA that fit the bill, as described (mostly because no-one really boxes out anymore, but still :P).

Also, boxing out is one of those corky things that only works if the whole team is doing it.

I guess the "boxing out" is an idealistic notion.

But you're right, Collins doesn't necessarily do all that stuff, but if he has a role on this team, it's to try to do that. 

And you're just underlining my point.  The only center we have is Jason Collins, who doesn't really do much well that a center is supposed to do.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

6'11''+, long, plays close to the basket, boxes out, strong in the post, active rebounder, blocks shots, finishes at a high percentage within 5 feet of the basket.

That's quite a list, I doubt that Collins does all of those things or that players who aren't, for instance, good shot blockers or good post scorers who are still true centers.

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 09:51:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

That's quite a list, I doubt that Collins does all of those things or that players who aren't, for instance, good shot blockers or good post scorers who are still true centers.

I mean it as more of a rough outline of a player, or the role that a player plays, than a strict set of requirements.

The point is, we don't have really anybody on the team who plays that role other than Collins, and Collins doesn't do it well.

KG is still a very good person to have at the center position because of all of the other things he brings to the table.  But when he's not on the floor, we have nothing going on inside.
- Mark Twain