Author Topic: Has the Leprechaun Left the Building?  (Read 2072 times)

Re: Has the Leprechaun Left the Building?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 09:56:47 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This year's team is better than last year's squad. It'll come. Be patient.

Agreed.  Now, thats not to say they are good enough to win a championship, but they will have a shot at it.  This team just needs time to gel, just like last year.  As long as they stay healthy, they should be hitting stride in the second half of the season.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 10:34:27 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Similarly to a question that was asked after Larry retired in 1992, as a die-hard Celtics fan, I can't help but ask the same thing 20 years later.

From 2007-2010 (upon the KG trade), it seemed the Celtics were the kings of the NBA (or at least the Eastern Conference.) In the 07/08 and 08/09 season, they dominated the regular season and won the title in 08. One can't help but wonder if they win it again in 09 WITH KG.

In the 09/10 regulaur season they weren't as good, but they crushed it in the playoffs and made it to game 7 of the NBA finals.

It seemed in the summer of 2010, things started to change for the worse. That was when the infamous "3 Kings of South Beach" were born in Miami and you can feel the momentum start to leave Beantown and head down to the Sunshine State. Sure enough, in the 2011 playoffs, the Heat disbanded the Celtics in 5 games.

2011-12 was bizarre. Just when it seemed the window truly closed, the Celts went on a truly magic run in the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs. After game 5 in Miami,  I truly thought we were a team of destiny with one more title reign waiting before the curtain closed.

However, sure enough Miami was just too good to lose to the Celts and eliminated them in game 7.

Now, just 17 games into the 2012-13 season, the Celts are a meager 9-8 and for some reason something just doesn't feel right.

Not sure if it's a coaching problem with Doc, whether Danny didn't do his job in the off-season and
played it cheap by simply resigning the Celts own free agents because of their bird rights as opposed
to signing other, better players (OJ Mayo, Roy Hibbert, etc.)

Maybe there is a rift within the roster or maybe the Celts still aren't the same following the Perk trade,
but it's hard to say.

What further complicates things is this year, it's not just Miami to worry about.

The entire Atlantic Division is up for grabs as the Knicks, Nets and Sixers have all drastically improved.

I'd love to hear thoughts and gauge on whether or not I am the only who feels whether the leprechaun is about to shut off the lights at the garden.

I am hoping there is still another run to be had

Left after the Celts choked the last finals.

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Similarly to a question that was asked after Larry retired in 1992, as a die-hard Celtics fan, I can't help but ask the same thing 20 years later.

From 2007-2010 (upon the KG trade), it seemed the Celtics were the kings of the NBA (or at least the Eastern Conference.) In the 07/08 and 08/09 season, they dominated the regular season and won the title in 08. One can't help but wonder if they win it again in 09 WITH KG.

In the 09/10 regulaur season they weren't as good, but they crushed it in the playoffs and made it to game 7 of the NBA finals.

It seemed in the summer of 2010, things started to change for the worse. That was when the infamous "3 Kings of South Beach" were born in Miami and you can feel the momentum start to leave Beantown and head down to the Sunshine State. Sure enough, in the 2011 playoffs, the Heat disbanded the Celtics in 5 games.

2011-12 was bizarre. Just when it seemed the window truly closed, the Celts went on a truly magic run in the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs. After game 5 in Miami,  I truly thought we were a team of destiny with one more title reign waiting before the curtain closed.

However, sure enough Miami was just too good to lose to the Celts and eliminated them in game 7.

Now, just 17 games into the 2012-13 season, the Celts are a meager 9-8 and for some reason something just doesn't feel right.

Not sure if it's a coaching problem with Doc, whether Danny didn't do his job in the off-season and
played it cheap by simply resigning the Celts own free agents because of their bird rights as opposed
to signing other, better players (OJ Mayo, Roy Hibbert, etc.)

Maybe there is a rift within the roster or maybe the Celts still aren't the same following the Perk trade,
but it's hard to say.

What further complicates things is this year, it's not just Miami to worry about.

The entire Atlantic Division is up for grabs as the Knicks, Nets and Sixers have all drastically improved.

I'd love to hear thoughts and gauge on whether or not I am the only who feels whether the leprechaun is about to shut off the lights at the garden.

I am hoping there is still another run to be had

Left after the Celts choked the last finals.

Please do not remind me of that. There was no reason to lose that finals. up 3 to 2 or even better yet in game 7 we were up double digits in the 4th quarter and choked it away. It was there for the taking regardless of perks injury. no excuses. we should have won that year. It will haunt us forever until we win another.  :'(
LET'S GO CELTICS!