Author Topic: Who turns it around first? Lakers or Celtics?  (Read 5753 times)

Who turns it around first? Lakers or Celtics?
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:55:24 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Laker just lost to Orlando at home.

Who turns it around first?

Lakers or Celtics?

We get Avery back soon. They get Nash back soon.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Who turns it around first? Lakers or Celtics?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:07:39 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
The lakers didn't lose that game tonight. Orlando won it. The combination of hack-a-Dwight and then the pick and roll on offense to vucevic to exploit the lakers crappy D was great to watch.

Lakers offense was completely put to sleep by Dwight shooting and missing so many free throws and then the magic just killed them with zippy passes inside and out. Well coached.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:13:34 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Gotta go with the Lakers because they have the superstars to "turn it around" by demolishing a bunch of bad teams in a row.

I'm not convinced either team is going very far in the playoffs without major changes or they suddenly figuring out how to get a lot more out of the pieces already on the team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:13:49 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Who knows, ill say us i guess. Hopefully we get AB back sooner than later.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I think their problems are worse than ours by the way.

Pau is completely lifeless and disengaged. Their front line is too slow for today's NBA and other than Jamison their bench is extremely weak.

We have the better coach, better bench, and better chemistry at the moment. And that's saying something.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Gotta go with the Lakers because they have the superstars to "turn it around" by demolishing a bunch of bad teams in a row.

I'm not convinced either team is going very far in the playoffs without major changes or they suddenly figuring out how to get a lot more out of the pieces already on the team.

I'm not convinced of anything this early in the season. If you put a gun to my head and told me to pick the teams that would be in the eastern conference finals tho id say the heat and celtics with confidence.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 12:30:41 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'll say the Celtics.

If for no other reason then chemistry.  Sure, on-court neither team is playinf very cohesively, but at least the Celtics don't seem to mhave the off-court turmoil the Lakers do.

Also, if you look closely at how the Celtics have been playing, you'll see that we do have stretches where we play pretty darn good.  These stretches are when KG is on the court.

So, add in a healthy Bradley, and as long as we can get to the playoffs, where KG's minutes will go up, and I think we still have a good chance to make noise in the playoffs.  People will just have to accept we aren't going to be a regular season juggernaught.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:19:04 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think their problems are worse than ours by the way.

Pau is completely lifeless and disengaged. Their front line is too slow for today's NBA and other than Jamison their bench is extremely weak.

We have the better coach, better bench, and better chemistry at the moment. And that's saying something.

I think the Lakers need to dump Pau Gasol.  Question is what can they get for him if his play is so lackluster?

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Both teams will get better, but both teams are more pretenders than real contenders at the present time.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Both teams will get better, but both teams are more pretenders than real contenders at the present time.

Good thing the playoffs don't start today.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 12:19:48 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
we will turn it around first
we got a good solid team
and not depending on one person
to make it happen like the lakers are

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I think the Celts.

Green, Terry, and lee have looked a lot better lately. Our rebounding and defense have improved as well lately.

We get Rondo back and soon avery. Im pretty confident

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 12:53:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
probably C's.  some things are looking better recently.  not great, but better.  Lakers still have no depth and Pau seems to have mentally checked out.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

True to this.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lakers.  They have too much talent not to turn it around.  Best big man in the game.  1st or 2nd best shooting guard in the game.  Another top 5 big man in Pau...  Both Jamison and Artest have game.  Once Nash returns that team should start to look like newage Showtime.  YOu're adding a top 5 playmaker and the #1 best shooter in the league.  Give them a month or so to adjust to the new coach.  Probably the favorite to win the West when the dust settles.

Boston will take until probably the trade deadline, but I do think we'll get it together.  At the moment we have added some solid/mediocre talent (like 4 backup shooting guards), but the pieces don't really fit yet.  Might take a couple moves.  Mid-to-late February for them.  Should play .500 ball until then.  We should hobble into the playoffs and win a round or two.