Author Topic: marc davis - fantastic 6th man  (Read 2301 times)

Re: marc davis - fantastic 6th man
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
We had that game won until that offensive call.

Absolute rubbish.

I get so infuriated when referees turn a game in the last minute. Let them play.

Questionable calls happen to both teams many times over the course of any game.

How about we talk about Jason Terry's awful defense on the decisive play?  Ran like a headless chicken over to the guy in the corner and left Brandon Jennings wide the frack open.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 08:57:25 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I can tell you who will win based purely on FL's official report.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 10:55:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It was a bad call.  Or, moreso, it was probably technically a correct call, that hadn't been called all night.

That call had nothing to do with blowing a 17 point lead, or having the worst defensive quarter of the season so far.  If the Celtics had showed up in the second quarter, that call wouldn't have mattered in the slightest.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 12:32:15 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Was this  the ref Rondo bumped and was ejected for in the Atlanta series?

I couldn't watch the game, but I want to know why is it that they seem to get the short end in ref calls and it even happens at home to them too.

Yes it was and the same ref during regular season that fouled KG and Stiemsma out of an Atlanta game and some of the most repetitivly sketchy horrific calls ive seen in a game.

Of course if we lost that game we would have been told that there were plenty of other opportunities for us to win the game- a cop out as opposed to addressing the terrible officiating

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 12:56:29 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Diddnt know it was Davis calling that game. Him and Bill Keneddy are the two most corrupt, worthless, scumbags referees in the nba. Can an NBA referee lose his job just by being a bad referee or do they have to do something absurd? If not, then its one of the few professions where you dont get canned for sucking at your job.

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 01:08:20 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Diddnt know it was Davis calling that game. Him and Bill Keneddy are the two most corrupt, worthless, scumbags referees in the nba. Can an NBA referee lose his job just by being a bad referee or do they have to do something absurd? If not, then its one of the few professions where you dont get canned for sucking at your job.

This is the league that employs  Joey Crawford and Dick Bavetta.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 01:43:24 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

This is the league that employs  Joey Crawford and Dick Bavetta.
Yeah theyre corrupt but you at least know when they make a terrible call, they know its terrible but theyre just calling cause theyre corrupt. That could be the case with the other but I still loathe them more than any of the other dudes.