Author Topic: Is there a way to get Gortat...  (Read 2364 times)

Is there a way to get Gortat...
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
...without giving up Bradley? I would love to add a true Center that can really score, rebound and defend. I think it is what we are missing. I don't think he is the be-all end-all, but I think he is a legit skilled Center... NOT for Bradley though.

Would they take 2 of the 3 of Bass-Melo-Lee?

Re: Is there a way to get Gortat...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I guess it comes down to what other teams are willing to offer for Gortat and how desperate or not the suns are to trade him by the deadline. I'm guessing they hold out for more than that, considering that trading for Bass or Lee plus Melo leaves them with a decent amount of guaranteed salary to a mediocre player like Bass and a long term project in Melo.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
It depends how bad Phoenix wants to get rid of him. If he's being a problem in their locker room and they want him gone, I could maybe see them taking a package without Bradley.

But that's if no one else offered up anything better than our Bradley-less package, which I don't think would happen. Other teams would still happily offer more.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nope. Doubtful Bradley gets it done either. I wouldn't get your hopes up over Gortat. 

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Sarver is a pretty cheap owner, always looking to cut corners and save money.

Since that means he values picks, cheap contracts and expirings, he has no need or desire for Bass, Lee or Green.

We would need to get a 3rd team involved to get the expiring(s)for Bass, Lee or Green.

I think that Sully, Melo, picks and the expirings could do it.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Hard to tell without knowing the market or what they are looking for. I assume it would be pretty hard to pull it off without Bradley in there.

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Nope. Doubtful Bradley gets it done either. I wouldn't get your hopes up over Gortat.
+1

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Not without acquiring a lottery pick.  They might even want Bradley plus a lottery pick.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 02:12:37 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Not without acquiring a lottery pick.  They might even want Bradley plus a lottery pick.

My god people over-value gortat on this forum. It is hilarious.

His D of the pick and roll today against chandler was laughable. Chandler did two of the slowest slips of a screen I have ever seen in my life and still got wide open alley-oops at the basket, and yet, apparently gortat will bring a defensive presence to our team.

As tommy would say: Gimme a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtgsI_MAFyo&feature=g-high

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 02:19:23 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

I wouldn't trade Bradley, a lottery pick, and other stuff for Gortat, but I think that teams generally ask for a young player with starter potential, a first-round pick that is at least a late lottery pick, and an expiring contract.  I think the Suns would attach that sort of price tag to Gortat.  I don't think Ainge would match it if he had that set of assets.  I wouldn't.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 02:25:20 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

I wouldn't trade Bradley, a lottery pick, and other stuff for Gortat, but I think that teams generally ask for a young player with starter potential, a first-round pick that is at least a late lottery pick, and an expiring contract.  I think the Suns would attach that sort of price tag to Gortat.  I don't think Ainge would match it if he had that set of assets.  I wouldn't.

Gortat's value is a reasonable player on a good contract and maybe a rookie contract. No first round picks or potential difference makers should be included in a deal for Gortat.

That in my eyes takes out Bradley and Sullinger.

If they want anything thats significantly more than Bass and Lee that is when Danny should and will put the phone down.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 02:47:26 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
If they want anything thats significantly more than Bass and Lee that is when Danny should and will put the phone down.

My point is, regardless of how much you think Gortat is actually worth, I just can't see Phoenix being satisfied with Bass/Lee.  I think the Suns would be morons if that was anywhere close to enough to satisfy them.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 04:33:20 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

My point is, regardless of how much you think Gortat is actually worth, I just can't see Phoenix being satisfied with Bass/Lee.  I think the Suns would be morons if that was anywhere close to enough to satisfy them.

I think we were semi-agreeing all along... :P

Boston will not have gortat, and i dont think it will be a bad thing.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 05:58:04 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
gortat will not win put you over the hump to get a national championship.  he is mediocre.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 06:37:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he might help us some, we don't need a star just an upgrade.   Some boards and interior defense really.