Author Topic: Green at the 3 and how to do it.  (Read 2147 times)

Re: Green at the 3 and how to do it.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I don't like Pierce at the two. Maybe every once and a while, but he's not quick enough/too old to do it consistantly.

Let Green defend the 2 and Pierce the 3. When Pierce subs out, move Green over to the 3 and Jet the 2.

On offense, having both Pierce and Green out there at the 2/3 will create mismatch nightmares for the opposition.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I don't like Pierce at the two. Maybe every once and a while, but he's not quick enough/too old to do it consistantly.

Couldn't doc start Green at the two and keep pierce at the 3? Durant is able to play the 2, why cant Green?

Durant doesn't play the two that often. Doesn't Sefolosha start at the two?

I thought they alternated... Either way, Sefalosha is a pretty big 2 guard as well. is he quicker/more athletic than Green?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43

I disagree with you, but another option is to leave pierce at the three and let green start at 2.  let green guard the 2 if you want and offense will not make a difference because pierce can deal with all defenders.   

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
well, one of the lineups theyve seem to be playing lately is Pierce at the 2 and Green at the 3. seemed to be pretty effective as it gives us a size advantage at both spots.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Team doctors and doc himself don't think green has the stamina to play a proper 30+ minute game yet due to his surgery.

What we're all looking for is an increase in green's minutes, which by the sound of it he's not capable of yet.

Do you have a link to this info?  That is something i have wondered about but I haven't heard team doctors or doc mention this at all so i assume he can play 40 min. if he wanted to.

Tommy Heinsohn said he spoke to the doctors and they told him they were amazed he had the energy to sprint around at all, let alone for half a basketball game.

So he's obviously making amazing progress, but clearly not within the rhelms of 100% fitness yet. If anything, that should be MORE encouraging considering what he's able to do now in limited time and with limited fitness.

I love Tommy, but he says a lot of things. Jeff played 25-30 minutes in just about every preseason game, including a 38 minute game where he scored 25 points.

While stamina and conditioning may in fact still be an obstacle, I'd be shocked if he was physically incapable of playing 30-34 MPG.

The preseason is not the NBA.

From watching him he looks gassed each time he comes off the court. Several times when he is on the court in the middle of a run of plays that he should be enjoying (scoring a lot and dominating his man), he is down on his haunches sucking it in.

There is no way that he is at the peak of his physical ability right now.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Couldn't doc start Green at the two and keep pierce at the 3? Durant is able to play the 2, why cant Green?

I thought they alternated... Either way, Sefalosha is a pretty big 2 guard as well. is he quicker/more athletic than Green?

Basketball Reference lists him at 6'5, so not that big. And Sefolosha is known to be a defensive player, while Green doens't exactly have a reputation as a great defender.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Basketball Reference lists him at 6'5, so not that big. And Sefolosha is known to be a defensive player, while Green doens't exactly have a reputation as a great defender.

Didnt look like much of a defensive player when Pierce made him hop like a jackrabbit on every up-fake.

Green's D is solid anyway.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Didnt look like much of a defensive player when Pierce made him hop like a jackrabbit on every up-fake.

Green's D is solid anyway.

I would urge you to not judge a player on one game.

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 10:23:32 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Basketball reference? is that like wikipedia for sports? espn and nba.com have him listed at 6'7''
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
well, one of the lineups theyve seem to be playing lately is Pierce at the 2 and Green at the 3. seemed to be pretty effective as it gives us a size advantage at both spots.

Yes I am a big fan of this idea. 

I would even go as far as starting with a lineup like
Rondo/Pierce/Green/KG/Wilcox

I think this is our optimal lineup until Bradley comes back

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
we are seeing combo pierce and green on the wing more. It doesn't matter who starts really. As long as Doc uses them together for stretches.

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Greens perimeter D is pretty [dang] good