Author Topic: Green at the 3 and how to do it.  (Read 2155 times)

Green at the 3 and how to do it.
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I am ready to see green at the 3.  Move Pierce to the 2 and let green free.  please. doc. 

from,
    me

Re: Green at the 3 and how to do it.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 07:15:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I am ready to see green at the 3.  Move Pierce to the 2 and let green free.  please. doc. 

from,
    me

I don't know what you're talking about as Green plays at the 3 with minimal usage at the 4.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I agree.  I think the benefits outweigh the downside of Pierce at the 2.  It's not like he can defend worse than Terry.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford

from,
    me

I don't know what you're talking about as Green plays at the 3 with minimal usage at the 4.

my point is green can start at the 3 and play more minutes with pierce starting at the 2.  Pierce can go back to 3 if green is out.

I'd like to see green starting, or at least see a LOT more Pierce Green 2 and 3 time on the court

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen

from,
    me

my point is green can start at the 3 and play more minutes with pierce starting at the 2.  Pierce can go back to 3 if green is out.

I'd like to see green starting, or at least see a LOT more Pierce Green 2 and 3 time on the court

Having Pierce/Green on the wings also improves the offensive potency and rebounding.  Pierce and Green both can score in bunches.  Who you gonna double?

That's something we've lost recently:  someone to draw double teams consistently (as opposed to gimmick defenses).

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 07:44:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I have no problem with Pierce and Green together on those positions, the problem is that we don't have good depth and the 3 to make it work unless you want to play Lee more at the 3, or give Barbosa's playing time to Joseph.

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Team doctors and doc himself don't think green has the stamina to play a proper 30+ minute game yet due to his surgery.

What we're all looking for is an increase in green's minutes, which by the sound of it he's not capable of yet.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
easy, barbosa can play 3 if both pierce and green are out, which shouldn't be very often anyway. 

I do not mind small ball out of necessity, doc is in love with it.   

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
Team doctors and doc himself don't think green has the stamina to play a proper 30+ minute game yet due to his surgery.

What we're all looking for is an increase in green's minutes, which by the sound of it he's not capable of yet.

Do you have a link to this info?  That is something i have wondered about but I haven't heard team doctors or doc mention this at all so i assume he can play 40 min. if he wanted to.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:50 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
I have no problem with Pierce and Green together on those positions, the problem is that we don't have good depth and the 3 to make it work unless you want to play Lee more at the 3, or give Barbosa's playing time to Joseph.

I could see Pierce going to the 5-5-5-5-5-5-whatever plan pretty soon, which would change the rotations quite a bit.  He could come back in for Green at the end of the 1st and then go from there as Doc makes adjustments.

I don't think lack of depth at the 3 is a problem.

An abundance of guards might be if Pierce is going to get some of their minutes.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Do you have a link to this info?  That is something i have wondered about but I haven't heard team doctors or doc mention this at all so i assume he can play 40 min. if he wanted to.

Tommy Heinsohn said he spoke to the doctors and they told him they were amazed he had the energy to sprint around at all, let alone for half a basketball game.

So he's obviously making amazing progress, but clearly not within the rhelms of 100% fitness yet. If anything, that should be MORE encouraging considering what he's able to do now in limited time and with limited fitness.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't like Pierce at the two. Maybe every once and a while, but he's not quick enough/too old to do it consistantly.

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Tommy Heinsohn said he spoke to the doctors and they told him they were amazed he had the energy to sprint around at all, let alone for half a basketball game.

So he's obviously making amazing progress, but clearly not within the rhelms of 100% fitness yet. If anything, that should be MORE encouraging considering what he's able to do now in limited time and with limited fitness.

I love Tommy, but he says a lot of things. Jeff played 25-30 minutes in just about every preseason game, including a 38 minute game where he scored 25 points.

While stamina and conditioning may in fact still be an obstacle, I'd be shocked if he was physically incapable of playing 30-34 MPG.

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I don't like Pierce at the two. Maybe every once and a while, but he's not quick enough/too old to do it consistantly.

Couldn't doc start Green at the two and keep pierce at the 3? Durant is able to play the 2, why cant Green?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Couldn't doc start Green at the two and keep pierce at the 3? Durant is able to play the 2, why cant Green?

Durant doesn't play the two that often. Doesn't Sefolosha start at the two?