Author Topic: Terry an okay shooter  (Read 1848 times)

Re: Terry an okay shooter
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 04:56:42 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
what do you mean by "nowhere near?"

while ray is #1 on the all-time 3-pointers made list, terry is #4. Last time I checked, in terms of all-time, that is pretty close.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 05:08:34 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
After watching Terry, one thing is obvious.  He is nowhere near the shooter ray is.  Not just three pointers, but he misses a lot of llittle medium range shiots where hes all alone.  Those were layups for ray.

One would have thought that the combination of terry and lee would be at least equal ray.  Nope.  And rays over there winning game after game.  Meanwhile, terry isn't hitting any clutch shots.

The Heat are about 10 points a game better with Allen on the bench than on the court.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 07:09:22 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I think the JET is playing just fine for us...good shooting percentages, fitting in to the offense, and learning/improving on defense. 

Ray might be the best shooter of all-time....but Terry has been very good - and probably better on defensive rotations and ball-handling than Ray would have been.  FWIW, my recollection is that Danny wanted both JET and Ray...JET was signed right away, before Ray decided to go...Terry the back-up 1, Ray the 2....behind Rondo/Bradley....imagine that.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 07:17:35 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Terry's shooting is fine, he isn't yet in his role with team until Bradley gets back.  We are going to have to be patient this year it is going to take awhile to gel multiple things.
Shooting is fine, getting the consistency that. A lot of guys so far don't have.
Now if this thread was about terry running old friend marquis  ??? Off the three point line at end of game......love marquis but ill ALWAYS take my chances with him at that distance ( glad he is doing well though)

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Jason Terry is an excellent jump-shooter from every spot all over the court.

One of the best jump-shooters in the league today.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:22 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Terry is an excellent shooter. Not quite as good as Ray, and I agree he has missed some bunnies that Ray would take down all day- but Terry can create his own shot much more effectively than Ray and can play with or without the ball in his hands.
His transition threes have been awesome and his spot up threes have been very good too.
He's only going to improve as he gets used to the system.
Two things that make Terry such an upgrade over Ray for me are:
* his ability to run the floor and finish in transition.
* his speed and aggressive defense. I'm so surprised at how many steals and deflections he causes that lead to an easy two points for Lee or Rondo or Green. He's got great hands and what he doesn't have in height, he makes up for in aggression on defense. He's no Avery Bradley but before he came here his defense was labelled as garbage and he's certainly been good against guys like Lillard and Jennings last night in the 1v1 situation. He even got right out to Jennings to challenge the last shot the Bucks hit.

He's a clear upgrade over Ray for us.
Ray is in the perfect situation in Miami. Just sits in the corner and waits for an open three when the defense in the paint comes over to help cover Lebron or Wade driving to the hole.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Terry is shooting 55% from midrange this season.  Ray is shooting 46%.

Terry shot 43% from midrange last season.  Ray shot 39%.

Terry is a +3.7 for us, Ray is a +2.7 for Miami.

Where are you getting your stats from?