Author Topic: Celtics flat out stink!!!  (Read 2865 times)

Re: Celtics flat out stink!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Well, we stank last year up until the All-star break,that (and Bradley)keeps me hopeful

Exactly - and I forgot all about AB in my previous post.

Looking forward to him and Rondo teaming up again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSKIq3siHHI

Can't wait to get The Major Pest back. The NBA has forgotten about him, but they will soon be reminded.

I expect BOS to go on some winning streaks once AB gets back.

I still think theres some thing up DA's sleeve at trade time. I hope Green turns it around before then and AB isn't involved in the trade. I think Bass may be the odd man out. We really need a Defensive PF to play with KG that can also guard either Battier or Lebron.

I think AB starting and Lee backing him up is a nice 1 2 punch on D. And He'll show these new guys how to run with Rondo.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Worst team of the last 25 years?  Wow.  Step back from the ledge, man.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
We all keep saying when Bradley returns they’ll be better; last I checked AB wasn’t Michael Jordan.  We are banking on our team winning based on an undersized 6’2 shooting guard who plays great D?? He may help a little, but where are the rebounds and size come from?

Terry is an undersized shooting guard, he should not be starting.  Bass sucks, plain and simple.  When he’s on, he’s good, but when he’s off he’s woeful.

You started out by saying you don't care about ability, as long as players play hard. 

Bradley (outside of KG) is probably the hardest playing guy on this team.  He will run until he's in a wheelchair for a win - he's a warrior through and through. His defense is beyond great - it's game changing.

I agree Terry shouldn't be starting, but statistically he's been our 4th best player this year, no doubt about it.  IMO he's playing great on both ends of the floor, and he's shooting at probably the most efficient rate of his career.

Bass has been mediocre more often then he should be, but he HAS played hard.  He's really struggling and honestly he's just not a starting calibre big.  You can't criticise his effort though, he's always hustling.

Pierce is still a very good offensive player.  You can't argue with 20 PPG in 35 minutes - likewise you can't argue with >40% from three and >80% from the line. The guy isn't 25 anymore so he can't go out there and carry the team for 40 minutes a night, but he's still scoring very well and he's still a top 5 SF in this league.  Plus he is still a heatbreaker in the clutch.

Sullinger is still improving on both ends of the floor, but he's a rookie so you can't expect him to be great immediately.  He's going to need time to pick up on things, but he does play hard every night especially on the boards.

The other guys I'm not so sure about.  Green, Lee, Barbosa and Collins have been questionable players.  Green, Lee and Barbosa have varied from fantastic to utterly invisible from one game to the next.  Collins has been utterly useless.  Green and Lee have both played two strong games in a row now...if they keep that up then that changes everything, but until then they are still wildly inconsistent.  Same for Barbosa - he has a great game, then he has 4 or 5 invisible ones.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't think they stink so much as it's the start of Dec. They look like they are cruising more than anything.

If we have a healthy team at the start of the playoffs, I can easily see them going to another level again and playing like last year.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'm sorry you feel that way, DJ Billy.