Author Topic: Does Rondo stress out some of the players?  (Read 2946 times)

Re: Does Rondo stress out some of the players?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 11:41:32 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Anyone else sense that there is some sort of feud or power crisis going on in the locker room

I don't get that sense at all.  I think that everyone knows who the leaders of this basketball team are.  I think that some of the role players are still trying to find their roles and see where they fit in, though. 

I've been particularly encouraged by the play of Lee and Green in these last two games without Rondo.  I'm hoping that their level of play can carry over once Rondo returns.  Lee is obviously not going to continue to get 35+ minutes a night, but the stuff he's been doing out there in these last two games are just what we all expected from him when we signed him; his role is as a defender and all-around energy guard. 

As far as Green goes, I think that a lot of his early season problems have been in his own head.  Having two impressive back-to-back games that sort of prove that he can play after all is going to help his confidence, even when he has a bad game or two.  Maybe he can start to release some of the pressure that's been placed on him.  I think the pressure placed on him by the fans and the media has probably had a far greater impact on his play than the pressure of playing with the game's best guard. 

Despite the pain of last night's huge meltdown, I'm slowly seeing some very encouraging signs with this team.  I've always believed that we have the talent to be a serious threat come playoff time.  I'm sticking with that belief for the time being. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Not more than other players probably stress him out. But generally don't think so..they all look like they're serious when they gush over him, reportedly had a crowd of teammates over for thanksgiving and put together offseason team get togethers that everyone went too and they all seem to want to get him his assists and maybe rely on him too much when hes there...yeah don't think so...that was ray.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Is the problem that Rondo dominates the ball and doesn't let other players play or is it that Rondo is an intimidating presence due to his awesomeness and other players defer too much?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
unless ur in the locker room, it is all assumption. 

they appear to get along well with one another.  i think they are just trying to find their roles/identity and are frustrated by their inconsistency.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
unless ur in the locker room, it is all assumption. 

they appear to get along well with one another.  i think they are just trying to find their roles/identity and are frustrated by their inconsistency.
Its an assumption, but as much of an assumption as assuming theyre all good friends.  There seems to be a bit too much anger right now with Rondo, KG and Doc. Its not absurd to think that all these new players coming together and fighting for playtime and traveling together is going to stir some rivalries or whatever. It could be between our new guys and the old guys or between the old guys or between doc and some guys but its definitely possible.
If everyone was getting along with each other good I would expect us to be playing alot better.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I lean towards the idea that locker room friction is less likely than on other teams because the Celtics seem to have made an effort to look for players who would not cause that.  After all, the Celtics are reported to be very reluctant to bring in Kenyon Martin because of how he was with the Clippers.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference