Author Topic: Does Rondo stress out some of the players?  (Read 2952 times)

Does Rondo stress out some of the players?
« on: December 02, 2012, 12:59:53 AM »

Offline GreenNote

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
These past two games without Rondo have shown that some players just need to be a bit more comfortable and loose when they're out there, in order to make significant contributions.

The players that come to mind are Jeff Green and Courtney Lee. I was wondering if this had anything to do with Rondo's constant control of the offense? I'm not saying the team is better or anything like that but it appeared that the players were freer in their approach and had less inhibitions.

Do you think that Rondo's high intelligence and ability is intimidating to some guys on the team or is it just because the offense is played differently when he's not on the floor?

Either way I would like to see Rondo be a bit less ball dominant when he returns to see the two approaches can be combined.

Re: Does Rondo stress out some of the players?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:07:33 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
It's Doc's plays.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 01:13:29 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Lee and green have benefitted from playing more minutes, not from not playing with the leagues best point guard

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:20:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm pretty sure Green is more comfortable operating in an offense where people just take turns calling their own numbers.

After all, that was exactly the kind of team he played on for the first three and a half years of his career.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:06 AM »

Offline GreenNote

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm pretty sure Green is more comfortable operating in an offense where people just take turns calling their own numbers.

After all, that was exactly the kind of team he played on for the first three and a half years of his career.

TP to you! I like the shot at Brooks and Westbrook :) Actually your point is very valid the more I think about OKC's style

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:11:40 AM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Anyone else sense that there is some sort of feud or power crisis going on in the locker room

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 04:18:03 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Anyone else sense that there is some sort of feud or power crisis going on in the locker room

I don't get that sense. But even if you're claiming that there's a power crisis going on between Rondo and others I doubt it would last long because I'd bet that KG would back the player that goes after a much bigger player for fouling KG.

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 04:19:27 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
These past two games without Rondo have shown that some players just need to be a bit more comfortable and loose when they're out there, in order to make significant contributions.

The players that come to mind are Jeff Green and Courtney Lee. I was wondering if this had anything to do with Rondo's constant control of the offense? I'm not saying the team is better or anything like that but it appeared that the players were freer in their approach and had less inhibitions.

Do you think that Rondo's high intelligence and ability is intimidating to some guys on the team or is it just because the offense is played differently when he's not on the floor?

Either way I would like to see Rondo be a bit less ball dominant when he returns to see the two approaches can be combined.

I thought the last 2 games showed that some players need to be more intense and focused, not comfortable and loose.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 04:24:42 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

I don't get that sense. But even if you're claiming that there's a power crisis going on between Rondo and others I doubt it would last long because I'd bet that KG would back the player that goes after a much bigger player for fouling KG.

You're right.

If anything what Rondo did probably united them.

A team of brothers.

I thought the last 2 games showed that some players need to be more intense and focused, not comfortable and loose.

The 3 quarters in today's game told me that too.

Thing is with limited minutes to go around, they need to learn to get in the groove quick. They need to learn to contribute in less than minutes they're used to. They need to learn to contribute in ways other than scoring.

Wilcox and Barbosa have done exactly that. JG, CLee, Bass and others have to learn. They can't coast even a little. 100% for all their minutes.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 08:43:17 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Why do people keep saying the lack of Rondo does anything?  It's the lack of his 37 minutes and 11 FGA that opens things up.

If KG misses a game Bass probably scores 20.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
OR, it could be that rondo's suspension/the embarrassment of the loss against the Nets got into guys like Green/Lee's heads to start playing with more effort/look for their score more.

they look like totally different players the last two games with their effort.

last years run started when Rondo was out and Bradley stepped up.

as long as Lee/Green CONTINUE that play when Rondo comes back we are going to be fine

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

You're right.

If anything what Rondo did probably united them.

A team of brothers.

The 3 quarters in today's game told me that too.

Thing is with limited minutes to go around, they need to learn to get in the groove quick. They need to learn to contribute in less than minutes they're used to. They need to learn to contribute in ways other than scoring.

Wilcox and Barbosa have done exactly that. JG, CLee, Bass and others have to learn. They can't coast even a little. 100% for all their minutes.

Completely agree. The more comfortable they get I bet the less they would produce. Intensity and focus is whats going to help this team the most.

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

No, it's kind of simpler than that -- Rondo dominates the ball, and that takes away from some players' ability to contribute. Jeff Green, in particular, is not going to give you much if you're making him sit in the corner all the time, or move around without the ball.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

No, it's kind of simpler than that -- Rondo dominates the ball, and that takes away from some players' ability to contribute. Jeff Green, in particular, is not going to give you much if you're making him sit in the corner all the time, or move around without the ball.

So he's forced to either stand still or move around without the ball?

And when Rondo passes the ball to Green, how does he stop him from taking the ball to the rack? Telekinesis?

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 11:11:48 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Everything is Rondo's fault.

Yea, Green played good but against what team?  The two games we've played without Rondo are against the worst teams in the league.  Of course, Green and Lee are bound to shine.  These two still needs to be traded...

KG is still the heart of this team but Rondo is that straw that stirs everything

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell