Author Topic: how much does the nba suck?  (Read 9392 times)

how much does the nba suck?
« on: December 01, 2012, 02:12:55 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
How bad is the Nba?

With this recent zspurs fines and ridiculousness it just makes me hats the NBA even more. Stern blocked a trade last year. This year fining a team for sitting players.

The game has geared entirely to promoting individuals and not teams

Stars essentially can choose or force there way on to any team they want.

Suspensions are ridiculous these days. Flagrants/technicals are ridiculous.

The league is run by stars. If you don't have the best stars you aren't going anywhere.

Stars get by far more favorded calls than any other league.

The refs are by far the worst out of any sport.

Defense has pretty much been taking out of the game (see docs comments) you cant touch anyone these days.

What else am I missing? This is just off the top of.my head of things that frustrate me on a daily basis with the NBA. Aren't there definitely a lot more negatives about the NBA than positives?

Re: how much does the nba suck?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 02:15:48 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
David Stern has been and is the worst thing to happen to the NBA. My hope is it will get better when he retires.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:37:31 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The refs, or the way they're being told to do their jobs, are the number one problem.

There are multiple problems with the way the games are reffed. 
Too many to list. 

#1 for me is that NBA games have no flow anymore whatsoever.  I guess they aren't allowed to play for more than a certain number of seconds before there has to be a stoppage.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So at one time we were all clamoring for there to even be a season during last yr's strike.

Fast-Forward a year later now the NBA sucks.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

i really dont see the problem. its a free market.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 03:39:39 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
So at one time we were all clamoring for there to even be a season during last yr's strike.

I find it to be a love hate relationship. I love the NBA, but I hate how it's run.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 03:57:59 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

I find it to be a love hate relationship. I love the NBA, but I hate how it's run.

I mostly hate the NBA but love the Celtics.

Watching a none Celtic game is very painful for me to watch. I'm forced to because I'm so invested in the Celtics but especially when it is poorly officiated it is just painful. Of course that's not always the case.

Thought of another bad thing, NBA players in general are extremely unlikable

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 03:59:56 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

i really dont see the problem. its a free market.

I rarely see it happen in other leagues. Do you? Are those leagues not a free market?

Come on it certainly takes away from the fun of a gm and orgainization "building" a team.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm not trying to insult you, but this post is just a regurgitation of a lot of tired tropes about the NBA that people trot out every time their team isn't winning or something happens that they don't agree with.

The NBA is not perfect, but for all its flaws, the product on the floor has actually never been better, all things considered, and the league is in many respects the best among the three major sports (four if you count hockey, I guess).  Hate on the NBA all you want, but the fact that you are here posting on a forum about the Boston Celtics is pretty strong evidence that even you find yourself invested in it, despite yourself.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Yup.Is it a basketball league, or a place for the refs to relive their childhood, so thay can control life as they wished...because that is all that is left to this so called league. Calls for pros, and calls for rookies, as soon as you accepted THAT, you lost total control...subtle at first, wasn't it...?

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Obviously not enough to make us not watch  ;)

We can say all we want to about The Evil Emperor aka David J. Stern, but when all is said and done, he's a genius.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I agree the NBA does suck and it is a joke now. Id rather watch NFL games most of the time than watch any NBA game. NFL is so much better than the NBA. If i didn't love the celtics id be all NFL. I'm not as big on baseball as i use to be but i respect MLB more than the NBA.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Say what you want, but THIS stuff is just priceless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17YKrYzxEf8

I was in tears when it was first posted here on CBlog, and I'm in tears right now. ;D

Who would WANT to miss this?

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
theres too many teams in this league. In the 80's, every team was good. The talent was on every team.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'm not trying to insult you, but this post is just a regurgitation of a lot of tired tropes about the NBA that people trot out every time their team isn't winning or something happens that they don't agree with.

The NBA is not perfect, but for all its flaws, the product on the floor has actually never been better, all things considered, and the league is in many respects the best among the three major sports (four if you count hockey, I guess).  Hate on the NBA all you want, but the fact that you are here posting on a forum about the Boston Celtics is pretty strong evidence that even you find yourself invested in it, despite yourself.

Bingo.