Author Topic: College Football Playoff  (Read 1498 times)

College Football Playoff
« on: December 04, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I would personally do a 16 team playoff with the champion of all 11 conferences and the 5 next best teams (regardless of conference) making the playoffs with a caveat for conference champions.

For a champion to qualify it must meet 1 of the following

•     11-1 or better record (no FCS games counted)
  •     ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS standings
  •     at least 10 wins (no FCS games counted) and be ranked in the top 32 of the final BCS standings

Thus for this season, this would be the seeding.

1. Notre Dame v. 16. Boise St.
2. Alabama v. 15. Northern Illinois
3. Florida v. 14. Clemson
4. Oregon v. 13. Oregon St.
5. Kansas St. v. 12. Florida St.
6. Stanford v. 11. Oklahoma
7. Georgia v. 10. South Carolina
8. Louisiana St. v. 9. Texas A&M

I would play the first round games at the home of the higher seed on December 8th.  The quarter finals would be December 22nd.  The Semi-Finals on December 29th.  And the National Title on January 7th.  I would make the 7 games (quarters-final) have rotating locations, but would utilize the following cities: L.A., Phoenix, New Orleans, Miami, Dallas, Detroit or Indianapolis, and Atlanta.

Based on my criteria the following conference champions failed to qualify - Louisville (not 10 wins against FBS), Utah State (not 10 wins against FBS), Wisconsin (not 10 wins against FBS), and Tulsa (ranked 34th).

I would be open to some slight seeding modifications to avoid conference rematches, but for now didn't want to start tinkering with that sort of thing. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip