Author Topic: Bradley will put us over the hump  (Read 1386 times)

Bradley will put us over the hump
« on: November 30, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
1.  Perimeter defense. 
Our issue all season is that our guys are new to each other and when we have KG rotate to help the penetration that beats Rondo/Terry/Lee, our third guy doesn't rotate and they get a layup.  Bradley doesn't let people get by him.  Remember how our defense went berserk last year when we replaced Ray with Bradley?  Same exact thing happened. 

2.  It puts Terry on the bench. 
Guy is obviously a scorer and doesn't need 20 minutes to warm up into a shot.  Instant offense.  Shooting career bests.  Great shooter.   Terry has been phenomenal for us this year, but it'd be great to see him with the bench again and not start because Lee couldn't handle it.

3.  Transition offense. 
This isn't a huge one because Terry does a pretty decent job as a trailing shooter, but Bradley is one of the fastest players in the league and does a great job finishing around the rim.  I swear he and Rondo would get a couple buckets off transition layups every game last year.  It was beautiful perimeter defense converting into a blitzkreig fastbreak.  Rondo/Bradley/Barbosa makes for perhaps the fastest guard trio in the NBA.

4.  Half court offense.
Bradley isn't a natural shooter, but he can most definitely shoot.  He can hit threes consistently (shot over 50% as a starter last year before his shoulders popped out).   He is also a fantastic off the ball player who works well with Rondo/KG/Pierce and gets a handful of easy free buckets every game off his cuts enabled by Rondos vision and passing.

Re: Bradley will put us over the hump
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
words cant describe how much i miss bradley. its funny how everyone wanted him gone his rookie year and now he's our savior. lol

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Avery will help but he won't be enough. we need a big man ENFORCER! KG can't be the only 7 foot tall guy out there.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
Avery will help but he won't be enough. we need a big man ENFORCER! KG can't be the only 7 foot tall guy out there.

Thats where i actually miss Darko, he could have been the def back up big man we need badly. Just a big paint protector.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:54:23 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39

Who was our other 7 footer last year when our lineup of Rondo-Bradley-Pierce-Bass-KG had the best defensive 10 game rating in NBA history?

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 10:01:26 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
When is he projected to return?

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Who was our other 7 footer last year when our lineup of Rondo-Bradley-Pierce-Bass-KG had the best defensive 10 game rating in NBA history?

History? Really? I never knew that!

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 11:08:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
When is he projected to return?

I heard he's about to start contact drills, so a couple of weeks or so.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 04:34:43 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm looking forward to Avery's return, but I think we can start to get over the hump without him.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 05:41:41 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I can't wait till he's back.
It really would be great if we could keep him in whatever potential trade we make to get a defensive starting big.
Can't see it happening without Green or Bradley going though unfortunately.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 06:17:29 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

History? Really? I never knew that!
Yup, think it was Hollinger who broke it down some of our numbers were insane
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk