Author Topic: simple three team trade  (Read 1850 times)

simple three team trade
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
to atlanta : Al Jefferson
to Boston: Josh Smith
to Utah: jeff green and Brandon Bass

atl gets a big tallented center to pair with horford
utah gets good talent locked up long term. bass makes losing milsap at end of year easier
we get athletic shot blocking, rebounding 4 we've been pining for.

rondo, terry
bradley, lee
pierce, lee, joseph
smith, sully
KG, wilcox

leaves us short a the 3..

Re: simple three team trade
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I think Utah may be a good trading partner for the C's as Al or Milsap would be a nice return. 

But, you can't trade mediocre present value for good present value.  Al and Smith are talented players -- 2nd/3rd best players on good teams.  Bass is a good rotation player and Green should  be (but hasn't played like it). All players are about the same age. Atlanta might do your deal. But I can't imagine that Utah would even consider it unless there was future value included.  Bradley and/or Sully (at least) will have to go in order to get Smith, Jefferson, or Milsap.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:21:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Utah's acquisition of Marvin Williams has really hurt Boston's (with Jeff Green) attractiveness as a trade partner.

I don't think Bass has much value to them. Especially since he is overpaid and locked down for several years. They already have three big time big men in Favors, Kanter and one of Big Al / Millsap. They don't need to be paying $7 million a year for a fourth choice big man.

I no longer think Utah is a viable trade partner / destination. Maybe in a 3-4 team deal that sees Green + Bass land elsewhere with Utah getting something more valuable in return. Probably a point guard. They should be looking for an upgrade on Mo Williams.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Utah will eventually be starting Derrick Favors at PF.  They really have no need to pay Bass $7 million to back him up.

Jeff Green is a marginal upgrade (if an upgrade at all) over Marvin Williams. 

What exactly is the motivation for the Jazz here?  Why pay $16 million to guys who are marginal upgrades (if at all) over their existing players in those roles?

The Jazz would be better off letting Al and Millsap leave and pick up a wing or a point in free agency.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
I think Utah's acquisition of Marvin Williams has really hurt Boston's (with Jeff Green) attractiveness as a trade partner.

I don't think Bass has much value to them. Especially since he is overpaid and locked down for several years. They already have three big time big men in Favors, Kanter and one of Big Al / Millsap. They don't need to be paying $7 million a year for a fourth choice big man.

I no longer think Utah is a viable trade partner / destination. Maybe in a 3-4 team deal that sees Green + Bass land elsewhere with Utah getting something more valuable in return. Probably a point guard. They should be looking for an upgrade on Mo Williams.

Beat me to it while I was writing almost exactly the same post.  TP.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:09:11 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
why would utah agree to that? lol

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 11:19:06 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Why would we agree to it?

Jefferson is as low as a concrete pig with it's feet nailed to the floor.  He's about as good defensively as Kevin love, which is not very.  He's had no history at all of playing in (or excelling in) big games.  When I've watched him play he's always looked more like a solid role player then the borderline All-Star people seem to think he is.

He's a good rebounder, I'll give you that.  He can score down low as well, that is nice. 

While those things would be nice to have, I think defense is a FAR bigger issue for this team than inside scoring or rebounding.  We currently have a top 10 offense, and we've been an elite team in this league for years despite bing one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA. 

The talents Jefferson would bring sadly are not things we're desperate for right now.  His key weaknesses (defense and athleticism) are two things we ARE desperate for.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 12:00:31 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Replace Jeff Green with another Green(e): Donte!

Free agent as of yesterday. Long (6'11!!!), athletic, and would provide great pinch minutes at the 3 and 4.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 01:06:31 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
My Idea:

Suns:
Courtney Lee
Avery Bradley
Fab Melo
Celtics 1st pick 2014

Celtics:
Marcin Gortat
Kendall Marshall

Then....

Nuggets:
Brandon Bass
Celtics 1st pick 2013

Celtics:
Wilson Chandler

Then, Sign Chris Andersen

Rajon Rondo- Leandro Barbosa- Kendall Marshall
Wilson Chandler- Jason Terry
Paul Pierce- Jeff Green- Kris Joseph
Kevin Garnett- Jared Sullinger- Chris Andersen
Marcin Gortat- Chris Wilcox- Jason Collins

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 01:10:53 AM »

fitzhickey

Replace Jeff Green with another Green(e): Donte!

Free agent as of yesterday. Long (6'11!!!), athletic, and would provide great pinch minutes at the 3 and 4.
Let's sign him

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 06:36:27 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I really like Donte Green. Can play the two, three and four positions. Very versatile. Solid defender. Passive and inconsistent offensive player but very gifted. Dodgy rebounder for a big forward but fine for a guard.

It's crime the job Sacramento's coaching staff did to such a talented offensive player. Green was such a gifted scorer coming into the league. An inside-outside game. Three point range. Post game. Could create a mismatch against anyone at either forward position. A nightmarish scorer in the making. His shot-selection needed some work but the talent was there. It just needed to be nurtured.

Now ... ugh, he practically climbs into the fetal position whenever he gets the ball. No confidence. They took it away from him. That coaching staff with Paul Westphal, arghhh, they did some horrible things to that man. What a waste of talent.

I hate Sacramento. They keep ruining quality young talent.