Author Topic: Lineup change?  (Read 1901 times)

Re: Lineup change?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 04:17:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Should be Sullinger and Lee starting for rebounding purposes.  Bring the firepower off the bench (Terry, Barbosa, Green, Bass, Wilcox).
Rebounding is fine. Defense is horrible. Which is funny, because the starting bigs didn't change.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Should be Sullinger and Lee starting for rebounding purposes.  Bring the firepower off the bench (Terry, Barbosa, Green, Bass, Wilcox).
Rebounding is fine. Defense is horrible. Which is funny, because the starting bigs didn't change.
Well part of our crappy defensive numbers was when we tried Sullinger as a starter and played Sullinger/Bass together.

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 04:27:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Well part of our crappy defensive numbers was when we tried Sullinger as a starter and played Sullinger/Bass together.
I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement recently. Teams can pretty much get whatever they want against us, and we're giving up an eFG% and PPP at levels unprecedented for the team since 2008.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I like  the KG, Wilcox, Green, Pierce and Rondo idea. I just figure if we don't have enough true big men, we should perhaps try using our size advantage where we can.

Put Green and Pierce in the post against other 3's and 2's...

Also, I get baffled why coaches don't at least "try" something different - something that hasn't yet been tried, when all hell is breaking loose for us as it has been.

Have we even seen a KG / Wilcox combo much this year?

Just try something different... 

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like  the KG, Wilcox, Green, Pierce and Rondo idea.

A few weeks ago I suggested this lineup but then it dawned on me who backs up KG?

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

A few weeks ago I suggested this lineup but then it dawned on me who backs up KG?
Given that the only skill Wlicox seems to bring consistently at this point is wide open dunks off of Rondo lobs, I'd actually be interested in actively pursuing a big man who can supplant him in the rotation -- not moving him to the starting lineup. Someone who can defend and block shots, preferably.

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 06:06:03 PM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
Right now I love Larry Sanders on the Bucks and think we should try and pursue him.  I am not sure what we would have to give up but I like his game. 

He is 6'11" athletic shot blocker that can play the pick and role. 

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »

Offline Big Rondo

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 37

Darko :-X
Offense sells tickets, Defense wins games, Rebounds win championships.

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

I agree. The Bass/Sullinger lineup is one of the worst substitution patterns Doc has ever come up with. That experiment was absolutely dreadful. I'd rather Fab Melo ran around out there for 10 minutes per game like a chicken with it's head cut off.

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Send Jeff Green to Maine Red Claws to help Fab out????

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 08:10:07 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

I really have to agree.  I'd rather have a useless player like Lee on the court when we have three other scorers. That we he doesn't need to score and he can just focus all his energy into defense.

Likewise Sully - he doesn't need to stress about defense as much with KG having his back, he can just scrap for rebound.  Plys he plays of KG VERY well - KG is a great passer and Sully has great hands and is a very good finisher around the basket.  They fit together like clockwork.

We need a guaranteed scorer of the bench, and Terry would be that guy - it's what he was brought here for.