Author Topic: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"  (Read 15938 times)

Re: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Cedric Maxwell was on weei yesterday and said Rondo told him that he is getting tired of having to be the enforcer for the C's. He said Rondo told him " I'm 6'1 , why am I the one who has to play the enforcer role for this team?"

Completely agree with Rondo , Danny needs to get a real enforcer in here quick .
And who told him he has to "play the enforcer"? This is getting ridiculous.

Exactly.  Also, it looked to me like no one else had a chance to respond before Rondo did, as Rondo responded very quickly.
This. Also, there are better ways to respond without getting tossed. It doesn't have to happen 5 seconds after the hard foul.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2012, 03:18:01 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
This. Also, there are better ways to respond without getting tossed. It doesn't have to happen 5 seconds after the hard foul.

When's the best time, the next moment when Humphries is in the air?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2012, 03:22:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

When's the best time, the next moment when Humphries is in the air?
When you can actually give him a hard foul in game situation. But then again, if you want to solidify the punk reputation you're getting around the league, you should try to deck him into the crowd right away. That will certainly help you in the future.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2012, 03:22:44 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Doc is not a disciplinarian. To be a great coach you have to have that element. Talent or not, your players have to follow and respect your decisions on the court
You're saying our players don't respect Doc and don't follow his decisions on the court? Please excuse me while I laugh this "argument" off.

Doc is the quintessential "When things are going well" coach. He's fun to be around when things are going well and makes better decisions. And yes at that time, his players listen to him. But when things get tough and it becomes a pressure situation, he's all out of sorts and doesn't know how to lead his team to victory. Almost Identical to Spoelstra
Doc didn't start working here in 2008. For that matter, the pre-2008 Doc-coached teams were fun to watch because they always played together and played hard, regardless of the fact they weren't going anywhere. So much about this theory.

I bolded an important part. Since when is a losing team in a pre-2008 era that barely gets 30 wins a season a pressure situation? *Confused*
When the pressure is high, Doc doesn't lead his team to victory most of the time. That is my point

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Doc is not a disciplinarian. To be a great coach you have to have that element. Talent or not, your players have to follow and respect your decisions on the court
You're saying our players don't respect Doc and don't follow his decisions on the court? Please excuse me while I laugh this "argument" off.

Doc is the quintessential "When things are going well" coach. He's fun to be around when things are going well and makes better decisions. And yes at that time, his players listen to him. But when things get tough and it becomes a pressure situation, he's all out of sorts and doesn't know how to lead his team to victory. Almost Identical to Spoelstra
Doc didn't start working here in 2008. For that matter, the pre-2008 Doc-coached teams were fun to watch because they always played together and played hard, regardless of the fact they weren't going anywhere. So much about this theory.

I bolded an important part. Since when is a losing team that barely gets 30 wins a season a pressure situation? *Confused*
You think holding the locker room of a 30-win team together is not a pressure situation?

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
doc is an overrated coach. celtics need to fire him and get someone that can actually utilzie all of the talent we have on the team.

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2012, 03:30:48 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Now that KG is older, it does seem Rondo is the only one that plays with an edge. Pierce seems to get it when he goes up against a Lebron, Carmelo, or Artest, but not night in night out.

We certainly could use someone taller than 6'1 that has the personality of Rondo.

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I bolded an important part. Since when is a losing team in a pre-2008 era that barely gets 30 wins a season a pressure situation? *Confused*
When the pressure is high, Doc doesn't lead his team to victory most of the time. That is my point

You're right, because he's never led a team playing below their level to inspiring playoff runs. Nope, never.

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Attention KMART shoppers!!!!

Hahaha love it
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

You're right, because he's never led a team playing below their level to inspiring playoff runs. Nope, never.

He's also led two teams into historically long losing streaks.

Can we all just agree that when the team plays like this, NO ONE gets a pass.  Not Ainge.  Not the players.  Not Doc.

Mike

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
doc is an overrated coach. celtics need to fire him and get someone that can actually utilzie all of the talent we have on the team.

Do tell, who is this mythical coach who is currently available? that chipmonk Stan Van Gundy?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Can we all just agree that when the team plays like this, NO ONE gets a pass.  Not Ainge.  Not the players.  Not Doc.
Sure. But in the grand scheme of blame assignment, players > Doc > Ainge.

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2012, 04:48:18 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Sure. But in the grand scheme of blame assignment, players > Doc > Ainge.

1.  If the players are first, then Ainge has to be second.

2.  A very good argument for putting Doc first is that a lot of the problems we're seeing this season are just extensions of problems in the past.  Take giving up offensive boards while not getting any themselves.  That was a consistent issue last year.  I didn't see any evidence of Doc doing something to try and address it then and don't see any now.

Mike

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2012, 04:58:47 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Another case of an person blaming others instead of accepting that what they did was stupid.

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2012, 04:59:29 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Cedric Maxwell was on weei yesterday and said Rondo told him that he is getting tired of having to be the enforcer for the C's. He said Rondo told him " I'm 6'1 , why am I the one who has to play the enforcer role for this team?"

Completely agree with Rondo , Danny needs to get a real enforcer in here quick .
And who told him he has to "play the enforcer"? This is getting ridiculous.

Exactly.  Also, it looked to me like no one else had a chance to respond before Rondo did, as Rondo responded very quickly.

You were expecting one of the other players on the court to confront Humphries?