Author Topic: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"  (Read 15940 times)

Re: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Cedric Maxwell was on weei yesterday and said Rondo told him that he is getting tired of having to be the enforcer for the C's. He said Rondo told him " I'm 6'1 , why am I the one who has to play the enforcer role for this team?"

Completely agree with Rondo , Danny needs to get a real enforcer in here quick .
And who told him he has to "play the enforcer"? This is getting ridiculous.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Attention KMART shoppers!!!!

dark_lord approves this msg

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

I think COmrade RIVERS is the SOFT person on the team.
TP for that!

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This is on Doc.

We had an enforcer in Darko and he didnt play him, to the point that he quit on the team.

"I'll do whatever it takes, whatever I need to do to help this team," So now, if I have to go kill someone on the court, I'll kill someone on the court."

That's Darko's mentality coming in. Took less money to be with us and never even sniffed the floor.

Doc and his small ball... che.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 11:06:07 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Remember when we had perk and everyone gave kg all the credit and how much tougher kg acted then. Lol.....fake tough

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Rondo sounds a bit narcissistic IMO

He needs to stop acting like he's the team's savior. Needs to realize he's lucky because if Humphries had a mean streak, he would destroy him

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 11:08:42 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Cedric Maxwell was on weei yesterday and said Rondo told him that he is getting tired of having to be the enforcer for the C's. He said Rondo told him " I'm 6'1 , why am I the one who has to play the enforcer role for this team?"

Completely agree with Rondo , Danny needs to get a real enforcer in here quick .

It's not a case of anyone telling him to, it's a case of his stepping into a vacuum.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »

Offline Stizz44

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3

its part of basketball. every team has one.

Heat-----Haslam
Lakers---Artest
OKC------Perkins
Grizzles-Randolph
Pacers---West/Granger
Bucks----Gooden
Hawks----J.Smith
Spurs----S.Jackson
Nuggest--A.Miller

Teams need a player that plays slightly to the edge. Everyone being "Mr. Clean" on the basketball court is not going to win a championship.

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

He needs to stop acting like he's the team's savior. Needs to realize he's lucky because if Humphries had a mean streak, he would destroy him

Says Chris Paul's biggest fan..the biggest cheap shot artist in the league.

Rondo isn't saying a thing about being a savior hes simply stating facts Mr rondo detractor

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 11:11:01 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
Remember when we had perk and everyone gave kg all the credit and how much tougher kg acted then. Lol.....fake tough

Remember how Perk acted fake tough when he was on the Celtics playing with KG. Then when he went to the Thunder and started to get embarrassed defensively?

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 11:12:16 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

Rondo isn't saying a thing about being a savior hes simply stating facts Mr rondo detractor

Correction, I'm Paul Pierce's biggest fan

Didn't know obvious logic that Chris Paul is better than Rondo means I'm his biggest fan

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

No one. And that's the sad part. No one from this lineup intimidates anyone. Teams are punking and out muscling us because we are soft and no one in the team is being tough enough to tell other teams that it ain't gonna be easy.

Rondo stepped up because everyone is being soft, he had to send a message to his teammates that they're being soft.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 11:16:46 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Didn't know obvious logic that Chris Paul is better than Rondo means I'm his biggest fan

Hes certainly better than Paul pierce...but rondo? Sorry not seeing it anymore...rondo would be averaging 15 assists with that clippers roster....besides the point, at least rondo confronted a bigger man face to face sticking up for his guy rather then a cheapshot to the family jewels like the coward Chris paul

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

Hes certainly better than Paul pierce...but rondo? Sorry not seeing it anymore...rondo would be averaging 15 assists with that clippers roster....besides the point, at least rondo confronted a bigger man face to face sticking up for his guy rather then a cheapshot to the family jewels like the coward Chris paul

Chris Paul always fights/scuffles guys twice his size. Whats games are you watching??

Rondo is just simply an overhyped set up man. Rondo is better than Paul? The same guy who struggles to make two 17ft jumpshots in a game? The same guy whos team has a winning record whenever he doesn't play? The same guy who can't make a simple layup cause he's scared to go to the foul line?

Oh yeah that guy haha

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 11:41:27 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I do think there is something to be said for having  "tough guys" on a team. No that its super ocmparable but years ago in a mens league i had a situation where one year we where 500%, I up graded my roster particularly at PF brought in a ringer (6'3 200lb) finesse player  to replace a guy who was nothing more then a bull(6'1 230) with little skill. We start the year and are getting killed the guy who runs the league pulls me aside and says " you screwed up help the teams where scared of your PF last year, your team lost its edge in the toughness department".

My stupid story just is my way of pointing out that teams prob dont look at the Cs as a tough team and have no fear of them. Toughness doesn't mean the other teams think you will fight with them or do anything stupid. But alot guys sub-conscientiously play down when intimidated.

Who on the Cs would you really consider tough?     
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet