Author Topic: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"  (Read 15941 times)

Re: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2012, 11:37:45 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
You have to have Courtney, AB or KG at all times.

Rondo's going to cheat because any given night he'll have to go 40+ minutes.

When they start getting in the paint, they start acting real "tough". You've got to prevent that.

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Doc is not a disciplinarian. To be a great coach you have to have that element. Talent or not, your players have to follow and respect your decisions on the court
You're saying our players don't respect Doc and don't follow his decisions on the court? Please excuse me while I laugh this "argument" off.

Doc is the quintessential "When things are going well" coach. He's fun to be around when things are going well and makes better decisions. And yes at that time, his players listen to him. But when things get tough and it becomes a pressure situation, he's all out of sorts and doesn't know how to lead his team to victory. Almost Identical to Spoelstra
Doc didn't start working here in 2008. For that matter, the pre-2008 Doc-coached teams were fun to watch because they always played together and played hard, regardless of the fact they weren't going anywhere. So much about this theory.

I bolded an important part. Since when is a losing team in a pre-2008 era that barely gets 30 wins a season a pressure situation? *Confused*
When the pressure is high, Doc doesn't lead his team to victory most of the time. That is my point

You're right, because he's never led a team playing below their level to inspiring playoff runs. Nope, never.

Yeah yup, cause that pressure is equal to coaching a team who is a championship contender  ::)

Right, because we weren't contenders in 2010 or 2012... wait... no, that makes perfect sense.

Celtics were contenders from 2008-2012, and possibly this year. So idk what you are talking about

I'm not saying Doc is a horrible coach, but he's only a good coach when things are going well. Plus overwhelming talent is the only way he can coach well, because it hides his deficiencies. When overwhelming talent isn't there, your deficiencies are out in the open for everyone to see. He wilts when the pressure is highest (AKA championship contender moments)

Idk bout you, but I can't find too many coaches that lost 3 playoff game 7's while up 3-2 in the series (2009, 2010, 2012). All in a span of 4 years with championship contender playoff teams. Hmmmm  ::)

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Doc is not a disciplinarian. To be a great coach you have to have that element. Talent or not, your players have to follow and respect your decisions on the court
You're saying our players don't respect Doc and don't follow his decisions on the court? Please excuse me while I laugh this "argument" off.

Doc is the quintessential "When things are going well" coach. He's fun to be around when things are going well and makes better decisions. And yes at that time, his players listen to him. But when things get tough and it becomes a pressure situation, he's all out of sorts and doesn't know how to lead his team to victory. Almost Identical to Spoelstra
Doc didn't start working here in 2008. For that matter, the pre-2008 Doc-coached teams were fun to watch because they always played together and played hard, regardless of the fact they weren't going anywhere. So much about this theory.

I bolded an important part. Since when is a losing team in a pre-2008 era that barely gets 30 wins a season a pressure situation? *Confused*
When the pressure is high, Doc doesn't lead his team to victory most of the time. That is my point

You're right, because he's never led a team playing below their level to inspiring playoff runs. Nope, never.

Yeah yup, cause that pressure is equal to coaching a team who is a championship contender  ::)

Right, because we weren't contenders in 2010 or 2012... wait... no, that makes perfect sense.

Celtics were contenders from 2008-2012, and possibly this year. So idk what you are talking about

I'm not saying Doc is a horrible coach, but he's only a good coach when things are going well. Plus overwhelming talent is the only way he can coach well, because it hides his deficiencies. When overwhelming talent isn't there, your deficiencies are out in the open for everyone to see. He wilts when the pressure is highest (AKA championship contender moments)

Idk bout you, but I can't find too many coaches that lost 3 playoff game 7's while up 3-2 in the series (2009, 2010, 2012). All in a span of 4 years with championship contender playoff teams. Hmmmm  ::)

I think it's hard to say he wilts when he's under Championship pressure moments when that team flattened the Lakers in 2008. And you'd consider us contenders in09 without KG? because I wouldn't. I give him a pass on '10 because of the loss of Perkins in game 6 and I can see the blame for last year, I just don't put much stock in it.

Sidenote: Name me a coach who has won without overwhelming talent in these situations.

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:07 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

I think it's hard to say he wilts when he's under Championship pressure moments when that team flattened the Lakers in 2008. And you'd consider us contenders in09 without KG? because I wouldn't. I give him a pass on '10 because of the loss of Perkins in game 6 and I can see the blame for last year, I just don't put much stock in it.

Sidenote: Name me a coach who has won without overwhelming talent in these situations.

You're proving my point. He won in 2008 with overwhelming talent. 3 superstars almost of of their prime foaming at the mouth to win a title, when their opportunity to win one was dwindling. NOTHING would have stopped them to play their best to win that title. Not even a coach who wilts under pressure

And remind me again, a team up by 30+ points in game 6 with only 2 minutes to go, is it alot of pressure that you might lose that game? I don't think so

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2012, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39

Man, and here I was thinking "We're better off without Rondo' would be the stupidest thing I'd ever hear on this site.  Not even 24 hours has gone by and you've successfully one upped it.

"DOC IS A HORRIBLE COACH BECAUSE WHEN HIS TEAMS ARE REALLY UNDER TALENTED, THEY DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS"

Cripes, do you even hear what you're saying?

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2012, 12:56:55 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Annnd this thread is getting a bit personal. Change the tone or its locked.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2012, 01:28:28 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

You're proving my point. He won in 2008 with overwhelming talent. 3 superstars almost of of their prime foaming at the mouth to win a title, when their opportunity to win one was dwindling. NOTHING would have stopped them to play their best to win that title. Not even a coach who wilts under pressure

And remind me again, a team up by 30+ points in game 6 with only 2 minutes to go, is it alot of pressure that you might lose that game? I don't think so

Remind me again how many coaches get their teams to that point. For that matter, How many coaches motivated a team to get game 4 done.

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2012, 03:38:11 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You're trying to claim that we lost those series because of coaching issues? Seriously?