Author Topic: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"  (Read 15935 times)

Re: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 11:49:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I do think there is something to be said for having  "tough guys" on a team.
You know who "tough guys" are? Those who rally the team, mount a comeback, and make sure the other is never comfortable until the final horn. The Celtics used to be one of the "toughest" teams in this respect for years. Not so much this season.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
You know who "tough guys" are? Those who rally the team, mount a comeback, and make sure the other is never comfortable until the final horn. The Celtics used to be one of the "toughest" teams in this respect for years. Not so much this season.
Yeah this is the "soft" and "tough" that Doc always talks about.

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Darko was that man,  he knew it and said stated  HE WOULD "DO whatever the Team asked of him " ... SO WHY wasn't he given a chance Doc????????????????????????????

RIVERS ??????????????? what is the deal.... WHY no DARKO ??

I think COmrade RIVERS is the SOFT person on the team. He doesn't point fingers and demand results. Lifes tuff, act tuff and act like the 80 million your employeer is sending matters.

Rivers could use a little CLint Eastwood in his life. He seems to have dropped off into some off never -never land of basketball.

All this Rondo mess is on DOC RIVERS ...for failing to play DARKO , failing to get tuff bigs on the team and playing some silly version of College small ball .

WYC and DAnny ...PLEASE GET Glen Rivers's MINDS RIGHT  ::)

I'm on Rondos side... Doc and Jeff Green should just go to camp and hold hands and sing peace songs.

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 11:54:30 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo sounds a bit narcissistic IMO

He needs to stop acting like he's the team's savior. Needs to realize he's lucky because if Humphries had a mean streak, he would destroy him

Says Chris Paul's biggest fan..the biggest cheap shot artist in the league.

Rondo isn't saying a thing about being a savior hes simply stating facts Mr rondo detractor

Correction, I'm Paul Pierce's biggest fan
Didn't know obvious logic that Chris Paul is better than Rondo means I'm his biggest fan

Hes certainly better than Paul pierce...but rondo? Sorry not seeing it anymore...rondo would be averaging 15 assists with that clippers roster....besides the point, at least rondo confronted a bigger man face to face sticking up for his guy rather then a cheapshot to the family jewels like the coward Chris paul

Chris Paul always fights/scuffles guys twice his size. Whats games are you watching??

Rondo is just simply an overhyped set up man. Rondo is better than Paul? The same guy who struggles to make two 17ft jumpshots in a game? The same guy whos team has a winning record whenever he doesn't play? The same guy who can't make a simple layup cause he's scared to go to the foul line?

Oh yeah that guy haha

Would that be the same Rondo that's made about 150 more layups than Chris Paul over the last 3 seasons?

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 11:56:15 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Darko was that man,  he knew it and said stated  HE WOULD "DO whatever the Team asked of him " ... SO WHY wasn't he given a chance Doc????????????????????????????

RIVERS ??????????????? what is the deal.... WHY no DARKO ??

I think COmrade RIVERS is the SOFT person on the team. He doesn't point fingers and demand results. Lifes tuff, act tuff and act like the 80 million your employeer is sending matters.

Rivers could use a little CLint Eastwood in his life. He seems to have dropped off into some off never -never land of basketball.

All this Rondo mess is on DOC RIVERS ...for failing to play DARKO , failing to get tuff bigs on the team and playing some silly version of College small ball .

WYC and DAnny ...PLEASE GET Glen Rivers's MINDS RIGHT  ::)

I'm on Rondos side... Doc and Jeff Green should just go to camp and hold hands and sing peace songs.

Be careful because I was lambasted early in the season for suggesting that Doc is the problem and for posting that we should have played DARKO

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 12:03:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I do think there is something to be said for having  "tough guys" on a team. No that its super ocmparable but years ago in a mens league i had a situation where one year we where 500%, I up graded my roster particularly at PF brought in a ringer (6'3 200lb) finesse player  to replace a guy who was nothing more then a bull(6'1 230) with little skill. We start the year and are getting killed the guy who runs the league pulls me aside and says " you screwed up help the teams where scared of your PF last year, your team lost its edge in the toughness department".

My stupid story just is my way of pointing out that teams prob dont look at the Cs as a tough team and have no fear of them. Toughness doesn't mean the other teams think you will fight with them or do anything stupid. But alot guys sub-conscientiously play down when intimidated.

Who on the Cs would you really consider tough?   

TP   I wish I could find my post on this issue. Yep Celtics are soft. no enforcer, and you will NOT win without one.

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 12:04:21 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
just got thinking tough guys on the C is recent years

I started making a list and basically came to the conclusion that the Cs last championship team was just alot tougher then this team.

Ray   =  AB
Perk  > Bass
TA    > Terry
Posey > Green
Brown > Sully
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 12:15:16 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Rondo sounds a bit narcissistic IMO

He needs to stop acting like he's the team's savior. Needs to realize he's lucky because if Humphries had a mean streak, he would destroy him

Says Chris Paul's biggest fan..the biggest cheap shot artist in the league.

Rondo isn't saying a thing about being a savior hes simply stating facts Mr rondo detractor

Correction, I'm Paul Pierce's biggest fan
Didn't know obvious logic that Chris Paul is better than Rondo means I'm his biggest fan

Hes certainly better than Paul pierce...but rondo? Sorry not seeing it anymore...rondo would be averaging 15 assists with that clippers roster....besides the point, at least rondo confronted a bigger man face to face sticking up for his guy rather then a cheapshot to the family jewels like the coward Chris paul

Chris Paul always fights/scuffles guys twice his size. Whats games are you watching??

Rondo is just simply an overhyped set up man. Rondo is better than Paul? The same guy who struggles to make two 17ft jumpshots in a game? The same guy whos team has a winning record whenever he doesn't play? The same guy who can't make a simple layup cause he's scared to go to the foul line?

Oh yeah that guy haha

Would that be the same Rondo that's made about 150 more layups than Chris Paul over the last 3 seasons?

Would that be the same Rondo that rarely attempts a shot within the last 5 minutes? You know, the layups that count?

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 12:23:47 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
We feel your pain Rondo...we see what your dealing with ...

maybe Danny will see it too and get a player and SYSTEM in place that does away with small silly ball and goes back to playing NBA professional ball.

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

maybe Danny will see it too and get a player and SYSTEM in place that does away with small silly ball and goes back to playing NBA professional ball.
So the Heat, Celtics, and Knicks all don't play NBA basketball?

The idea that we aren't a real NBA team because we don't have backup C worth playing is a strange one to me.

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

So the Heat, Celtics, and Knicks all don't play NBA basketball?

The idea that we aren't a real NBA team because we don't have backup C worth playing is a strange one to me.

I'd say, the fact we don't have a starting PF, nor a transcendent SF (who isn't past his prime) capable of also playing PF, nor a starting C (who isn't past his prime, and only capable of playing limited minutes during the regular season) is why were are not a "real NBA team".

Trying to play small ball without the proper pieces is foolish.

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

And since this is a team mostly made up of veterans, none of whom (not even Jeff Green) ever really had reputations of being "soft" in the past...why are they playing that way now?

Mike

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 12:55:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

And since this is a team mostly made up of veterans, none of whom (not even Jeff Green) ever really had reputations of being "soft" in the past...why are they playing that way now?
Beats me. Age? Fatigue? Motivation?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 01:09:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
hmmm after thinking about it I think I came up with the answer.

Eric Williams can be our enforcer , get him out of retirement Danny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otYDCAZGwzg

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

Mike

Doc being a nannie , instead of a coach on fire.