Author Topic: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"  (Read 15958 times)

Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"
« on: November 30, 2012, 08:44:12 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Cedric Maxwell was on weei yesterday and said Rondo told him that he is getting tired of having to be the enforcer for the C's. He said Rondo told him " I'm 6'1 , why am I the one who has to play the enforcer role for this team?"

Completely agree with Rondo , Danny needs to get a real enforcer in here quick .
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:52:13 AM by rondohondo »

Re: Max : "Rondo tired of being enforcer for c's"
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Resign Scali the thug?

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:48:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hard to argue with this one. Many threads I have replied to have answers that can fall under this category as well.

We havent had an enforcer and have been soft since Perk left.  Also Ive writen this many times, it looks like everyone is just going through the motions out there. No one except KG and sometimes Rondo, terry and wilcox some of the time are playing with any emotion, attitude, or intensity. Its painful to watch all our players run around like zombies out there. We need that attitude back, especially int he middle. Soft is almost an understatement.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »

Offline contramundum

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 36
Okay so Pierce, Bass, Terry and KG was also on the floor.  Who is the enforcer there if Rondo isn't?  Bass?  I just don't see how this specific incident ends any differently.  Rondo was closest to it and had the highest emotion, obviously.

On this, I blame Doc - before I realized that Wilcox was sick, I thought Doc was sending Collins to be a goon because of all the physical play.  I thought wrong I guess.  As Pop would say - We need to see a little of the nasty.  The coach needs to command hard fouls if necessary.

Re: Rondo :"tired of being enforcer for c's"
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:32 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
agree with rondo... hes also one of our leading rebounders at 6'1... I mean come on haha... this is one of the reasons you need a guy like j-smoove

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »

Offline Stizz44

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Indirect jab at Bass and Green! Two Celtics that have been with the team prior to this season that have been acting soft.

Danny needs to make that J.Smith deal happen.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
Attention KMART shoppers!!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 09:12:37 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
We def should recruit some guys that are good at pushing and frowning.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »

Offline Stizz44

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Still wondering why we didnt play Darko. Was he really that bad?

He seemed to be "OK" in preseason.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:48:15 AM by Stizz44 »

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
WE HAD DARKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Darko was that man,  he knew it and said stated  HE WOULD "DO whatever the Team asked of him " ... SO WHY wasn't he given a chance Doc????????????????????????????

RIVERS ??????????????? what is the deal.... WHY no DARKO ??

I think COmrade RIVERS is the SOFT person on the team. He doesn't point fingers and demand results. Lifes tuff, act tuff and act like the 80 million your employeer is sending matters.

Rivers could use a little CLint Eastwood in his life. He seems to have dropped off into some off never -never land of basketball.

All this Rondo mess is on DOC RIVERS ...for failing to play DARKO , failing to get tuff bigs on the team and playing some silly version of College small ball .

WYC and DAnny ...PLEASE GET Glen Rivers's MINDS RIGHT  ::)

I'm on Rondos side... Doc and Jeff Green should just go to camp and hold hands and sing peace songs.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
You can't play a bruiser for 48 minutes per game in case an altercation goes down once or twice a season.

I want the most talented guys out there as much as possible. Enforcers generally are not that talented.

And we had the best enforcer we could buy at that price in Darko. It's really too bad he never got a chance.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 10:01:51 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
You can't play a bruiser for 48 minutes per game in case an altercation goes down once or twice a season.

I want the most talented guys out there as much as possible. Enforcers generally are not that talented.

And we had the best enforcer we could buy at that price in Darko. It's really too bad he never got a chance.

My thoughts exactly. I was really hoping to see Darko in this role. Its unfortunate.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37:05 AM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
It's gotta be Bass as The Enforcer. 

Green is too passive.  Wilcox is too nice.  KG and Pierce are too old and too important to the team night-in, night-out.  Terry and Barbosa are too small.  Sully is too young and already gets fouls for breathing on guys.  He'd get suspended for the season if he shoved a guy.  Collins used to tussle a bit, but he's glued to the pine most nights.

Lee could certainly stand to be more aggressive, but I don't think he's the enforcer type. 

I would LOVE to see Pierce and KG gets in guys' faces to support their teammates and tussle a bit (tech worthy, not suspension worthy), but they've been playing soft all year.  They both look two steps slower than last year.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 10:39:14 AM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Ainge needs to have Bass watch the McHale take down of Rambis over and over and over and over...

That's how you protect the rim.