Author Topic: Trailblazers (6-9) at Celtics (8-7) 11/30  (Read 35608 times)

Re: Trailblazers (6-9) at Celtics (8-7) 11/30
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I want Scal to do post-game interviews with KG after every game!

« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2012, 10:02:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bass was off tonight,  but thats ok,  GREEN finally stepped up  and Sully played his tail off.

Green ,Bass , Sully...... when any two of these play great we will win most nights. 

« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2012, 10:03:26 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Someone chose the wrong night to start a negative thread on Lee and Green.  Nice game for both tonight.

that thread was started long ago...

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I love seeing scal with the broadcast. Amazing!
I think we're looking at Tommy's replacement when he retires.  Have to admit I like him better than Max (and it goes without saying Donny sucks)

« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2012, 10:03:43 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Bass was off tonight,  but thats ok,  GREEN finally stepped up  and Sully played his tail off.

Green ,Bass , Sully...... when any two of these play great we will win most nights.

Agree.  The Jeff Green that showed up tonight is worth that contract.  Hope we see this version more often.

« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2012, 10:05:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Agree.  The Jeff Green that showed up tonight is worth that contract.  Hope we see this version more often.
agree with that -- if this is how he plays out the year, I have no argument with that contract

« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
loved green tonight. im convinced sully will be a double double player for his career

« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Green has had 3 or 4 of these sorts of games this year..

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think something was exposed tonight,  Rondo needs to play less minutes and not hold the ball, but keep it moving .   The Celtics just fall apart when the ball ceases to move/

« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Question for those that saw the game. How did K Joseph look?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
Question for those that saw the game. How did K Joseph look?

Like a rookie.  Made strong moves to the rim but with poor results except for one foul, which led to 2 of his points.  Good energy though.

« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I think something was exposed tonight,  Rondo needs to play less minutes and not hold the ball, but keep it moving .   The Celtics just fall apart when the ball ceases to move/

I don't think Rondo needs to play less.  He just needs to stop being a liability on defense.  The way he plays on that end of the floor is a large part of our defensive problems in my opinion.

« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2012, 10:47:06 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
That's not the point.

The point was I was stating how the Celtics did themselves a disservice by letting the Trailblazers think they could get back in it.  KG had to come in and voila the lead goes back up.  None of that should have been a surprise and it's to be expected.

He was just being a wise @ss trying to point out I was wrong when anything after KG came in is irrelevant.

Actually you are just being rude and childish for no reason at all.

His comment clearly was not an attack on you, and there is no possible way any rational person would see it that way.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:09:08 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I told my friend id take a shot after every terry basket..........

« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2012, 10:54:21 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I 2nd that, Lee also deserves more minutes

Only when he plays like he did today, and he's only done that maybe 2 or 3 times this entire season (today included). 

The way he's played 90% of the time I wouldn't give him minutes either, but if he played like he did today I'd be starting him for 25-30 minutes a night until Bradley returns. 

JG haters will shut up for at least a day.

This is why you don't get too down on him, you can see the capabilities he possesses.

Yeah but as with Lee, this is all irrelevant if he's only going to bring it 3 or 4 times in a 13 or so game stretch.   Eveyone has their bad games, but that's just not good enough.  All the talent in the world is useless if you barely ever see it.

rondo can play defense, but seems to not care for it..and would rather play the poke away D....instead of squaring in front of HIS man

I agree.  Rondo has the ability to be one of the best on-ball defenders in the league when he puts in the effort.  His defensive play a couple of years back was absolutely elite, but the more his assist average goes up the more his defense declines. 

It seems like he doesn't want to play hard D because he wants to save his energy for the offensive end, and when we don't have Bradley out there we can't afford that.  I'd rather he get back down to averaging 8 assists a night and play strong defense.

Whenever Rondo is out there our other guards looks horrendous defensively, but now that Rondo isn't there suddenly Terry and Lee look like defensive masterminds.  It's no coincidence.

When you have an Elite defensive player like Bradley then you can cover for Rondo's lacking effort on that side of the floor.  Guys like Terry and Lee however are solid enough defensively to make things hard for their own man, but not good enough to be able to do that AND cover for another teammates sloppiness.

I get what you're saying, but I'll take a wide open KG/Bass pick and pop jump shot any day, every day, all day.

The difference tonight is that Green is being much more aggressive and being fed the ball and Terry is given more reigns to play as the playmaker and not just a spot up shooter.  His penetration is helping us tremendously.

Also Sullinger is probably having his best game of his career tonight doesn't hurt.

Even Lee is playing well.

Lets not forget this is the trailblazers people.  They are going to be looking for the #1 lotto pick come draft day.

I'll take inside shots, free throws and layups over pick-and-pop jumpers anytime.

Also the "this is the Blazers" argument is void - Detroit slapped us, we needed overtime to beat Orlando (we have more talent on our bench then they do in their starting lineup) and we barely beat Washington (the worst team in the league) without their two best players.

If we played that was then this victory would not have been so decisive.  We held them to under 80 points and our lead never droped below double digits - that is Celtics basketball.

The play of Green, Lee and Terry helped, but with Rondo out they had a bigger role in the offense - the fact that they had big games may not be an accident.

When you stop focusing on his offensive struggles and realize other good things he's doing on the floor?  He's one of the few Celtics that I can say has been playing with high energy, regardless of whether he is playing well or not.

Not at all.  His defense has been pretty mediocre at times, his decision making has been questionable, and I think he's leading the team in turnovers per 48 minutes.

I've seen 2 or 3 games this year where he's played as you describe, even if you ignore the scoring side.

Anyone wondering why Collins hasn't been playing that much? He is probably rusty, but it seems like it would take a lot of oil to get his engine running.

After today I think we know why - he looked terrible tonight, and he made a borderline All-Star (Aldridge) look like a hall of famer. On the defensive side Fab Melo looks a million times better, and offensively he really can't get much worse.

I don't think Rondo needs to play less.  He just needs to stop being a liability on defense.  The way he plays on that end of the floor is a large part of our defensive problems in my opinion.

To be honest, I don't think it would hurt.  Maybe if he was playing 32 minutes a night instead of 38 he's have enough left in the tank to still bring some effort on defense.

I agree with you completely about his impact on our D.  I think it hurts us even more then a lack of bigs.

I'd be resting Rondo another 6 minutes or so each night and splitting those minutes between Terry and Lee.  I'd like to see Terry up around 30 minutes a night, and Lee up around 26 - 28 while Bradley is out.