Author Topic: Trailblazers (6-9) at Celtics (8-7) 11/30  (Read 36035 times)

Re: Trailblazers (6-9) at Celtics (8-7) 11/30
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Green with a great half.  Fools gold or turning  a corner?  Time will tell -- will be great to see him put a couple of good games together.

It comes down to getting more touches. If you give talented players more touches, more often than not they will score more points. Its not rocket science. Terry looking great also.

« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
This is the second game in a row our offense has looked just fine and in some cases better without rondo. If we do it again next game then i mean.......this can't be ignored. I love rondo and obviously we're good with him too. However, we do not need the ball in his hands 95percent of the time.

« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
This is the second game in a row our offense has looked just fine and in some cases better without rondo. If we do it again next game then i mean.......this can't be ignored. I love rondo and obviously we're good with him too. However, we do not need the ball in his hands 95percent of the time.

I agree with this...

« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Beautiful Ball Movement. Oh how I missed you.

TP.  Ball moves much better without Rondo, even if our offense has been good with him.  There's no coincidence.  Our offense looks incredibly deliberate at many times when Rondo is on the floor.

I get what you're saying, but I'll take a wide open KG/Bass pick and pop jump shot any day, every day, all day.

The difference tonight is that Green is being much more aggressive and being fed the ball and Terry is given more reigns to play as the playmaker and not just a spot up shooter.  His penetration is helping us tremendously.

Also Sullinger is probably having his best game of his career tonight doesn't hurt.

Even Lee is playing well.

Lets not forget this is the trailblazers people.  They are going to be looking for the #1 lotto pick come draft day.

Like I said, it's not a coincidence.  The ball moves when it's not stuck in Rondo's hands for 12+ seconds of the shot clock.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Rondo - this team has no shot at playoff success without him.  But the ball needs to move better, regardless if it's the Blazers poor defense or not.

« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
However, we do not need the ball in his hands 95percent of the time.
True in a lot of circumstances, but I think we'll be happy with this when games slow down for the playoffs.

« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

TP.  Ball moves much better without Rondo, even if our offense has been good with him.  There's no coincidence.  Our offense looks incredibly deliberate at many times when Rondo is on the floor.

I get what you're saying, but I'll take a wide open KG/Bass pick and pop jump shot any day, every day, all day.

The difference tonight is that Green is being much more aggressive and being fed the ball and Terry is given more reigns to play as the playmaker and not just a spot up shooter.  His penetration is helping us tremendously.

Also Sullinger is probably having his best game of his career tonight doesn't hurt.

Lets not forget this is the trailblazers people.  They are going to be looking for the #1 lotto pick come draft day.

Like I said, it's not a coincidence.  The ball moves when it's not stuck in Rondo's hands for 12+ seconds of the shot clock.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Rondo - this team has no shot at playoff success without him.  But the ball needs to move better, regardless if it's the Blazers poor defense or not.

Yes... Rondo needs to play less minutes when Bradley comes abck....Rondo is being played too much ,  I think he tires

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Don't expect any changes. Doc has one way of doing things. He rarely he strays away from his "system". Hopefully sooner than later he reconsiders how he uses Terry and Green. The system needs tweaking to bring the best out of these two players.

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2012, 09:03:33 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Is that on Rondo? Or on Doc?

Doc makes the plays.

« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
guess kj and melo won't play....

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

It depends a lot on the opposition. But yes, we need ball movement when Rondo is on the floor, too. If only to get the whole team involved. 
We only started the Rondolution last spring (Rondo being allowed to freelance the offense most of the time), so he probably still has to find the balance.

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
one thing though..rondo wouldn't get that call.....oh ya, he bumped a ref a year ago...he'll never get the call again.....

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Lee could do that 10 times a game too ... ::)  if he just would  :-X

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Bass is off tonight , PUT GREEN in and let him work

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Lee could do that 10 times a game too ... ::)  if he just would  :-X
yo mean THAT...?

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39

I agree with this...

It's two games.  We're playing a garbage team at home immediately after Doc ripped the team to the media for being soft and not playing aggressively.

We would be demolishing them with or without Rondo.  They were not winning tonight after what happened this past week. 

Green, Lee, Sullinger all having their best games of the year is because we're playing the Trailblazers, not because Rondo is out.