Author Topic: The Raptors will sign Mickael Pietrus  (Read 2689 times)

Re: The Raptors will sign Mickael Pietrus
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 12:18:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Good luck to Peaches - he'll at least get some minutes on Toronto.

Hopefully, he can make the most of his minutes there, and play his way onto a playoff team that could use him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 12:44:42 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Turns out, after your agent says you "WILL NOT" sign for the vet. min., you see that no one is really looking to pay you more than that, you have to now change your tune and accept that amount from a scrub team! Funny thing, we probably offered the same and you turned us down early and we had to move on, now that ANY team comes calling you gotta tuck your tail and take it!

I loved MP (still do) but this is what happens when you are damaged goods but still like to demand a unrealistic rate. I'd take vet. min. from a contender or go overseas for a check rather than take that from a team that's going nowhere!

Your agent was stupid for not just saying, "We will look at ANY offer that comes our way and We will then choose what is best for Us."... instead he shoots down any chance at a minimum off the bat (from a good team), now you have to backpedal and take ANYTHING you can get!

Good point.

Looking at the Raptors salaries, I'm surprised he didn't get a huge contract.

10 million for Calderon, 10 million for Bargnani, 6 million for Amir Johnson, 5 million for Landry Fields.  Just awful.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Good luck to MP - he was so excited about coming back to Boston this season, and it I actually felt bad that we didn't re-sign him.  All he was talking about preseason was how excited he was to return and play with KG again.  We could really use a bit of that 'Celtic' enthusiasm from our current group of guys TBH...

As much as there was talk of him not wanting to sign for the minimum, at the same time I didn't hear any talk of Danny making him an offer.

I think management saw an opportunity to get bigger name players like Green, Terry, Lee and as a result they pretty much ignored Pietrus completely.  I understand that the new guys are more talented (and Pietrus is a little injury prone) and I'm sure that was the reason, but we could really use his toughness and his defensive effort this year.

I'd trade for him in a heartbeat if I were Danny!  Of all last years players, I think we are missing him the most.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Peaches was hardly the cream of the FA crop this year.

Bruised and a bit fruity.

A great teammate and true pro, though.  Nowadays, that means minimum contract.