Author Topic: The Raptors will sign Mickael Pietrus  (Read 2687 times)

The Raptors will sign Mickael Pietrus
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Mickael Pietrus - G/F - Raptors
The Raptors will sign Mickael Pietrus, according to USA Today.
It is expected to be a one-year deal for the veteran minimum. The report from Sam Amick also mentions that Dominic McGuire could be released. The Raptors are very thin on the wing with Landry Fields and Alan Anderson both injured. We still like rookie Terrence Ross to emerge sooner or later, so Pietrus can be left on the wire in all but the deepest of leagues.

Source: USAToday.com Nov 29 - 7:05 PM

Re: The Raptors will sign Mickael Pietrus
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Better than the Lakers.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Turns out, after your agent says you "WILL NOT" sign for the vet. min., you see that no one is really looking to pay you more than that, you have to now change your tune and accept that amount from a scrub team! Funny thing, we probably offered the same and you turned us down early and we had to move on, now that ANY team comes calling you gotta tuck your tail and take it!

I loved MP (still do) but this is what happens when you are damaged goods but still like to demand a unrealistic rate. I'd take vet. min. from a contender or go overseas for a check rather than take that from a team that's going nowhere!

Your agent was stupid for not just saying, "We will look at ANY offer that comes our way and We will then choose what is best for Us."... instead he shoots down any chance at a minimum off the bat (from a good team), now you have to backpedal and take ANYTHING you can get!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Very disappointing that Pietrus landed on such a lousy team. I would much rather see him playing for someone in the playoffs. Good role player. Belongs at a top team playing for trophies.

Toronto should start Pietrus at small forward. They need his defense there.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:41:16 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

They need everything everywhere.  :P

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 08:20:46 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Very disappointing that Pietrus landed on such a lousy team. I would much rather see him playing for someone in the playoffs. Good role player. Belongs at a top team playing for trophies.

Hey he wanted the money so he got what he wanted. Now he gets to play for a loosing team. One he wont play for the min, now he goes to a bad team in hopes of getting play time so next year he can further cash in. I get that hes got a life and a family to provide for. But youre a great role player dude, use your talent on a team thats gonna fight for a ring, not a paycheck.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
needs to fire his agent for either filling his head with the idea he could get more than the min and not getting it or for not taking the min sooner so he'd get a year's worth of pay and probably getting it from a contender. 

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Hey he wanted the money so he got what he wanted. Now he gets to play for a loosing team. One he wont play for the min, now he goes to a bad team in hopes of getting play time so next year he can further cash in. I get that hes got a life and a family to provide for. But youre a great role player dude, use your talent on a team thats gonna fight for a ring, not a paycheck.

Pietrus took the minimum from Toronto. He didn't get his payday.

I don't think the minutes he gets in Toronto are going to be that different than what he'd get on a title contender so I don't see that helping him in the future either. Now he is out of sight on a lousy lottery team instead of getting attention for his strong role-player contributions in the postseason. If anything, it'll hurt his ability to cash in next summer.

Very bad destination for him. Very disappointing that he either chose not to sign with a top team or that no top teams came in for him. Quality role player.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I have to think his knee isn't healthy for him not to draw more interest from better teams.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I have to think his knee isn't healthy for him not to draw more interest from better teams.

I think that has more to do with how teams can sign players. Look at Barbosa. He could help a lot of teams and is clearly healthy and yet only got the vet min.

I'm sure some teams are wary of MPs knee, but the going rate for players not yet signed seems to be "vet min".

Either way (knee concerns or  state of the NBA), the Cs should be signing him. We know he helped us last year, he fit in with the players and the system, and we have a clear need for guarding bigger tough wings like Wade, LeBron, Joe Johnson, Wallace, Carmelo, Granger, George, Jackson, Ginobili, etc..

I'm very frustrated that with an open roster spot we are not signing him costing so little money...worse case scenario we just cut him

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
at the very, very least, the Cs having Pietrus would make it easier to include Green in trades for a big.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
That's great news, I'm very happy for Peaches that he has finally found a team. It's maybe not exacty what he was looking for, but a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Poor guy.  Same thing is going to happen to him that happened in Phoenix and made him never want to go to back to a bottom team.  He's going to lose minutes to lesser players so that they can be developed.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 11:29:37 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Good luck to Peaches - he'll at least get some minutes on Toronto.