Author Topic: Last season, when we lost Rondo....  (Read 2209 times)

Last season, when we lost Rondo....
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:06:58 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
We won 5/6 games and Avery Bradley began to emerge.

This time? I speculate maybe Courtney Lee can do something similar. He's a talented guy and plays good D. God forbid Jeff Green steps up but we all know it's nice to dream

Re: Last season, when we lost Rondo....
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 04:10:10 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
I think that we're really going to appreciate Barbosa.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Well that's a given, we already do. But yeah he's definitely going to get some more playing time as well. I have a real feeling Doc is going to use Courtney Lee a lot though. Out of the new guys we picked up, he seems to have the most upside. JET looks good in flashes but I speculate what we see from him is likely what we're going to get, unless he turns it on during the second half of the year (like veterans like to do).

Also, it sucks that Rondo couldn't extend the streak past 2nd place, but at the same time I do think he was passing up scoring opportunities to look for the dish. It burned us a few times, and almost burned us a few others. I think the suspension is actually going to help the club

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 04:55:08 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Pierce always steps up at point forward, thank God it's only two games on his old corpse.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think that we're really going to appreciate Barbosa.
I think we're going to appreciate his limitations more than his play.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I think we are more likely to lose the next two, than run off a streak. This team has a lot of issues right now, and not having Rondo only makes it worse.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Maybe Rondo knew we needed a spark and thought this is what could help us out? I dunno.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Maybe Rondo knew we needed a spark and thought this is what could help us out? I dunno.

Nah, he just just his cool.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
I think we're going to appreciate his limitations more than his play.
Either way, it should be a good time. Barbosa plays at full speed at all times, and if he's flawed (and he is), it makes you appreciate what Rondo brings to the team.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Well that's a given, we already do. But yeah he's definitely going to get some more playing time as well. I have a real feeling Doc is going to use Courtney Lee a lot though. Out of the new guys we picked up, he seems to have the most upside. JET looks good in flashes but I speculate what we see from him is likely what we're going to get, unless he turns it on during the second half of the year (like veterans like to do).

Also, it sucks that Rondo couldn't extend the streak past 2nd place, but at the same time I do think he was passing up scoring opportunities to look for the dish. It burned us a few times, and almost burned us a few others. I think the suspension is actually going to help the club

I never understand the criticisms of JET, he has been much more consistent than most of the guys on the team and is shooting the ball VERY well from all over. He has never been very good as a defender so that shouldn't come up (he is what he is). The only complaint I have (anyone should have), is that he is reluctant to shoot, he needs to put up a lot more shots a game! When Jet takes 2 shots in like a game and a half at times, that isn't going to cut it and I put most of that blame on Doc and the way he draws up an offense (he is used like Ray was but gets far less shots)... when you are shooting like Jet is, your teammates (*cough* PP at times this season) need to stop chucking shots and get it to you.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I think we are more likely to lose the next two, than run off a streak. This team has a lot of issues right now, and not having Rondo only makes it worse.

FWIW we got stomped both games he was suspended last year as well.

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

FWIW we got stomped both games he was suspended last year as well.

We did? I don't remember. We won the game he got suspended during the playoffs! Also, I remember RR not missing many games last season and I think we won the great majority of them.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 06:00:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
. . . . we had Avery Bradley.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Nah, he just just his cool.
Savvy veterans know how to get in someone's face without losing multiple games in the process. Even if he wanted to get tossed to spark the team, there are ways to do this without begging for a suspension. Rondo still has a lot to learn.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Just have to see if Doc Rivers can earn his check and figure something out....

Being soft is gonna get it done.... Doc is SOFT TOO ...thats part of the problem ...he needs to chew sometail.