Author Topic: Doc " Dissapointed in Green's play so far"  (Read 9644 times)

Re: Doc " Dissapointed in Green's play so far"
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 06:43:27 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I've tried to be patient with Green, but when you consider the extent to which Barboso has fit in to the Celtic's system, in a fraction of the time Green had the season he came, fully healthy, it makes you wonder if having more time will make much difference in his play. And Wilcox plays aggressive as the pre-surgery Wilcox

Barbosa has a clearly defined roll.  He is the backup PG right now and when he comes into the game his job is to score the ball.  Period.

Jeff has not been put in a great position by Doc.  He is talented enough to start on this team, at least be first off the bench, and he doesn't come in until the very end of the 1st quarter, as the 3rd/4th guy off the bench.

He is 7th on the team in minutes per game, just a few ahead of Sullinger.

More to the point - Jeff comes in when our best players typically are out.  He is playing with Barbosa at the point.  He is playing with Sullinger at the 4.  Lee at the 2, sometimes Terry. 

Now...I am not going to defend him that much.  His production, on average, has been poor given how much he is paid and what we expect from him. 

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I've tried to be patient with Green, but when you consider the extent to which Barboso has fit in to the Celtic's system, in a fraction of the time Green had the season he came, fully healthy, it makes you wonder if having more time will make much difference in his play. And Wilcox plays aggressive as the pre-surgery Wilcox

Barbosa has a clearly defined roll.  He is the backup PG right now and when he comes into the game his job is to score the ball.  Period.

Jeff has not been put in a great position by Doc.  He is talented enough to start on this team, at least be first off the bench, and he doesn't come in until the very end of the 1st quarter, as the 3rd/4th guy off the bench.

More to the point - Jeff comes in when our best players typically are out.  He is playing with Barbosa at the point.  He is playing with Sullinger at the 4.  Lee at the 2, sometimes Terry. 

Now...I am not going to defend him that much.  His production, on average, has been poor given how much he is paid and what we expect from him.

If Jeff can't dominate against the other team's second units, he's not starter material. 

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I do agree that part of the problem is doc misusing jeff so far, or not giving him a defined role..part of it is on Jeff, but maybe hes not the type of player to go out and say "let me score" without having a few plays called to get him going first.

if he is struggling, the team needs to call MORE plays for him and feed him the ball to get him going. he's not going to get it going having him stand in a corner

for how athletic he is, why isnt the team running more pick and rolls with Green? make HIM handle the ball more for the 2nd unit, or set picks and roll?

part of it is on green, but also part of it is on Doc needing to find the best way to use Green offensively. because using him to "stretch" the floor and the ocasional Iso play isnt cutting it.

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 12:13:37 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
feel da exact same way man ima try to give Green some more time since im a supporter but dude is puttin up veterans minimum numbers

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 02:01:39 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
HALLELUJAH !!!

TRADE HIM YESTERDAY !!!

We'll take Pau Gasol  ...Green was born a Laker.

You're saying green is lazy, soft and weak of mind but you're more than happy to chuck him in a trade for Pau Gasol who is owed 40 million these two years....yeah right.

The reason you make that trade is to sell on Green, Bass and Lee (those are the guys you need to make the money work). Gasol will be an expiring $19.5m deal next year, a quite valuable contract, especially since the guy is still a decent big man. 

If the Cs could get Gasol for Green, Bass and Lee, and then sign a vet SF to play behind PP, they'd be a much stronger team than they are currently.  Gasol, KG, PP, RR and Bradley, with JET, Sully, vet SF, Wilcox is a strong rotation.  They'd be able to compete with the bigger teams, like the Nets, and could go small for the Heat by playing PP on LeBron at PF and splitting the big minutes with Gasol and KG )or playing big and punishing the Heat so bat that they are forced to match, which is preferable to me). 

This trade would be a good idea for LA.  They get a SF and SG who can run the floor, and a cost controlled PF who can hit the jumper.  The Lakers would get the depth and speed they desperately need, and they would get two excellent corner three point shooters.

Seen gasol play lately?

He's not stopping stackhouse swishing wide open threes from the corner.

I just find it strange that considering the criticisms of green, the solution is to throw in him a package for gasol, who is subject to exactly the same sort of criticisms from laker analysts and fans. Leaving out the fact that gasol is owed 20 million bucks next year.

Furthermore, since when do we go out of our way to give the lakers what they need?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 03:01:32 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Good to see Celtics fans on  the site........................

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 03:16:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

If Jeff can't dominate against the other team's second units, he's not starter material.

I agree with this. People are saying he needs to start and needs more minutes but he can't dominate vs the NBA's chumps as the go to scorer- I can't see how he'd do any better with Pierce, Rondo,Teryy and KG all out there too.
We need a decent 15ppg off the bench from him like James Harden or Kevin Martin before we start experimenting with him starting.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 08:08:19 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

I agree with this. People are saying he needs to start and needs more minutes but he can't dominate vs the NBA's chumps as the go to scorer- I can't see how he'd do any better with Pierce, Rondo,Teryy and KG all out there too.
We need a decent 15ppg off the bench from him like James Harden or Kevin Martin before we start experimenting with him starting.

You are both missing my point.  I am not saying that Green shouldn't succeed as a 6th man or reserve player.  I am saying that he isn't getting the minutes he needs and the supporting cast he needs to get there.

I need him closer to 25 minutes a game, with more time with Rondo and KG, before I can make a true assessment on his game.  Doc isn't helping him right now.

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 08:28:18 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I just have to think , Perk would have meant more to the Celtics team effort overall if he'd been with the C's than Jeff Green .

Green has ZERO chemistry with this team...I don't know why, he makes few few shots , doesn't assert himself on defense and doesn;t rebound hard ... I don't see him taking charges . 

So I'm asking all the Green supporters ...what is it JEFF GREEN does do that makes you think he is so great?

Or does he just look like a million dollar statue in a NBA uniform?

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 08:35:36 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
"He was Just on Weei, they asked Doc are you dissapointed in Greens play so far , and Doc said Yes"

well it seems Doc is just like everyone else who's watched Green play this year

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 08:55:25 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
yet, there are some on CB that think he should start over pierce, lol.

to date, green has sucked.  i hope he gets it together bc we need his contributions.

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 09:49:55 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
like his rotation problems he doesn't see productivity problems either. Green may be a fine NBA player some day. He's missed a lot of time but we need production now before Pierce and KG apply for retirement.  Between Docs limited managing skills and our lack of talent the clocks ticking away.

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:22 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Im sick of fans making jeff the scapegoat. it is 100% doc rivers fault jeff is not producing. if given more time he will thrive. he is an excellent offensive option and great defender that plays with grit and heart. jeff green is doing very well off surgery and much better than stats indicate. jeff is the 3rd best player on the celtics and deserves the fans respect not critism all the time.its only been 10 games give him some time as a starter at least.

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Im sick of fans making jeff the scapegoat. it is 100% doc rivers fault jeff is not producing. if given more time he will thrive. he is an excellent offensive option and great defender that plays with grit and heart. jeff green is doing very well off surgery and much better than stats indicate. jeff is the 3rd best player on the celtics and deserves the fans respect not critism all the time.its only been 10 games give him some time as a starter at least.
Jeff, is that you? You're due in the Garden in 4 hours, so better hurry.  ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
HALLELUJAH !!!

TRADE HIM YESTERDAY !!!

We'll take Pau Gasol  ...Green was born a Laker.

You're saying green is lazy, soft and weak of mind but you're more than happy to chuck him in a trade for Pau Gasol who is owed 40 million these two years....yeah right.

The reason you make that trade is to sell on Green, Bass and Lee (those are the guys you need to make the money work). Gasol will be an expiring $19.5m deal next year, a quite valuable contract, especially since the guy is still a decent big man. 

If the Cs could get Gasol for Green, Bass and Lee, and then sign a vet SF to play behind PP, they'd be a much stronger team than they are currently.  Gasol, KG, PP, RR and Bradley, with JET, Sully, vet SF, Wilcox is a strong rotation.  They'd be able to compete with the bigger teams, like the Nets, and could go small for the Heat by playing PP on LeBron at PF and splitting the big minutes with Gasol and KG )or playing big and punishing the Heat so bat that they are forced to match, which is preferable to me). 

This trade would be a good idea for LA.  They get a SF and SG who can run the floor, and a cost controlled PF who can hit the jumper.  The Lakers would get the depth and speed they desperately need, and they would get two excellent corner three point shooters.

Seen gasol play lately?

He's not stopping stackhouse swishing wide open threes from the corner.

I just find it strange that considering the criticisms of green, the solution is to throw in him a package for gasol, who is subject to exactly the same sort of criticisms from laker analysts and fans. Leaving out the fact that gasol is owed 20 million bucks next year.

Furthermore, since when do we go out of our way to give the lakers what they need?

exactly. it seems like only a few celtics fans these days actually consider the games being played rather than just box scores most kids look at. jeff green is an inspiration for people off surgery and inspiration to the team and brings much more than the stats. stats are more related to the coach's decision not to play him.