Author Topic: Doc " Dissapointed in Green's play so far"  (Read 9647 times)

Doc " Dissapointed in Green's play so far"
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:28:33 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He was Just on Weei, they asked Doc are you dissapointed in Greens play so far , and Doc said Yes

Said it's  both the coaches and Green's fault. Says he will try to find better ways of fitting in Jeff on offense, but Jeff also needs to step up his play on his own.

Re: Doc " Dissapointed in Green's play so far"
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
HALLELUJAH !!!

TRADE HIM YESTERDAY !!!

We'll take Pau Gasol  ...Green was born a Laker.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:47:58 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Why wouldn't he be dissapointed?

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 10:03:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I love Docs relationship with the media. No sugar coating. Say it like it is and be honest. Its not going to deflate the player its only going to make them more motivated to perform for their coach.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Then why did Ainge trade Perk for him?? :-X

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
He needs to be more agressive. Both on offense and defense. I have no idea what he's holding back for but we've seen that when he plays aggressive good things happen. Seems like an issue of heart and motivation. No pun intended.

It's frustrating that we just gave this guy a very generous contract and half the time on the floor he seems to be running through the motions. This is Boston Jeff. That type of coasting will get you an economy class ticket out of town real quick buddy.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 10:15:02 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
He has done well offensively but his rebounding and defense leave much to be desired. Jeff needs to get aggressive on defense! If he can play tougher, aggressive defense it will lead to more fast break opportunities for the Celtics. Steals, Blocks, tips, and deflections can make a big difference in a game. Jeff is too long and athletic not to make a defensive impact. Aggressive D will also get him on the boards a little more.

The real problem seems to be Jeff isn't 100% healthy yet. His body isn't back to full strength and he isn't handling contact very well. Jeff doesn't have the confidence in his body to do the dirty work this team needs from him. Lucky for us, it's a long season!

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I was one of the biggest supporters of Green since we got him in 2011. I was in favor of his contract, thinking it could potentially be a bargain.

But the guy just doesn't have the killer instinct. I can't count how many times I have seen him make a great move and/or shot, then the following three touches he swings the ball instantly, often when he has a decisive advantage over the defender.

If he attacked more, he'd see better results and get more PT. He has skill, nobody can deny that. His defense and rebounding has been adequate, but his O is too hesitant, which has been the knock on him for awhile now.

Maybe he really just is who he is, like some have said all along.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 10:20:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Disapointed   ???   LoL ...thats all ?

This from the man that RAN off Darko , the only guy we have to BAR FIGHT teams like the Nets.

Green may not be able to play NBA basketball, but he deserves an Oscar for his snow job on Danny Ainge . 

Crippled / slow / non athletic PERK was more useful on a game to game basis.  He at least comes in and earns his pay.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
He has done well offensively but his rebounding and defense leave much to be desired. Jeff needs to get aggressive on defense! If he can play tougher, aggressive defense it will lead to more fast break opportunities for the Celtics. Steals, Blocks, tips, and deflections can make a big difference in a game. Jeff is too long and athletic not to make a defensive impact. Aggressive D will also get him on the boards a little more.

The real problem seems to be Jeff isn't 100% healthy yet. His body isn't back to full strength and he isn't handling contact very well. Jeff doesn't have the confidence in his body to do the dirty work this team needs from him. Lucky for us, it's a long season!

He has "done well" offensively? How do you define "done well"?  He is shooting 40 percent from the field and 25 percent from behind the arc.  He is 72 percent from the line. As far as rebounding, he is averaging 2.5 per game. I am not a fan of his and never have been, but I will say that playing only 21 minutes a game can't help him get going, if he is ever going to get going. That said, he has done nothing to deserve more minutes.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 10:34:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think personality is very hard to change, Green doesn't have the killer instinct.   Sometimes a life changing event like his heart can change a guy.   It looked promising in the preseason but he is the same underachieving guy he has been since he got in the league.   There is some talent there, sometimes it comes out like the OKC game.   But mental illness are harder to fix than physical ones.  His problems on the court are mental.

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 10:57:33 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I've tried to be patient with Green, but when you consider the extent to which Barboso has fit in to the Celtic's system, in a fraction of the time Green had the season he came, fully healthy, it makes you wonder if having more time will make much difference in his play. And Wilcox plays aggressive as the pre-surgery Wilcox
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:24:18 AM by alley oop »

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 11:01:45 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I'm "disappointed " on Christmas when all I get is a tie.  WOw Doc ... such harsh language...  ::) 

When 36 million is spent and this is all I get????? ???

Dudes...I want to call the police/FBI and the throw myself off a 40 story building after such a robbery.

Gee Doc...How about FEED UP to the GILL with lazy, unacertive, unproductive, so-what attitude on the court.

Green =Bum

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I blame Doc as much as Green. It's pretty clear that Doc hasn't really given him a defined role. It looks like Doc just puts him out there and says, "make things happen, be aggressive". Green should be told to defend, rebound, and run. Call plays for him offensively and don't just have him hanging at the three point line when he's not trying to ISO.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
He needs to take a lesson from Aqib Talib, and try some Adderoll for focus.

Maybe that, combined with Roger Clemens' old trick of Ben Gay on the nard sack.

That'll get him p---ed off and motivated on the court.