Author Topic: Doc " Dissapointed in Green's play so far"  (Read 9654 times)

Re: Doc " Dissapointed in Green's play so far"
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I have been on the JGreen vanwagon since we signed him.  I could see what DA was trying to do when he signed him.  Bottom line,  the EC and WC was going to be dominated by LeBron and possibly Durant for the forseeable future.  PP is getting older and we needed an answer.  JGreen is/was supposed to be that answer...if for anything else, to take away some of the advantages of the bigger 3s in the league.

Looks like it is not going to work.  Not in Doc's system.  Not when your orders are to stay in the corner waiting for an outlet pass.  This, he can't control. JGreen has been horrible in thing he can control like defense and rebounding. 

I do think JGreen is a starter.  He is not an energy player and you need energy comming off the bench.  At the same token, JGreen has not shown to be deserving of a starting spot.  So that - as they say - is that.

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Crippled / slow / non athletic PERK was more useful on a game to game basis.  He at least comes in and earns his pay.
Spot on.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
If I had to pick just one player from the Green/Perkins trade to be on the Celtics roster for the next five years...it would be Fab Melo.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Greens been bad but doc is right coaches have a ton of fault.

I among others thought that the second units offense was going to run primarily through Green. I thought we would post him a lot more and put him in better positions to score. Not stand in the corner like someone mentioned and not as the ballhandler several feet beyond the arc.

Also im pretty sure everyone was taking the "over" on the 30 min a game thing but it has been significantly less. Has he played 30 once?

I know he hasn't been playing great nut sometimes you gotta leave him out there a little longer to give him that trust.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Green is 15-20% lower statwise in his career production. He is, quite frankly, a wimp, who except for a few flashes where he'll explode for a loud dunk, continues to sleepwalk through his minutes. 

Green makes $8.1 million a year. Players 6-10 on the Nets make less than $6m combined.  Ainge screwed up this Green thing terribly.  Hopefully,  Green can pull things together and look decent enough between now and January 15th so Ainge can pawn him off on a small market team going no where, so Jeffie can put up  his 15 points and 5 rebounds in 36 minutes in a low pressure, no expectation atmosphere.       

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Doc might be disappointed, but not this guy.

How can I be disappointed when this is exactly what I expected from Green.

Well, I take that back, I am disappointed.  Disappointed in Danny and Doc for being foolish enough to think it was a good idea to give Green $36m.  Fools!

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I blame Doc as much as Green. It's pretty clear that Doc hasn't really given him a defined role. It looks like Doc just puts him out there and says, "make things happen, be aggressive". Green should be told to defend, rebound, and run. Call plays for him offensively and don't just have him hanging at the three point line when he's not trying to ISO.

Not one play is called for Barbosa! Doc sends him out there and says "just be agressive!"... now you would probably say that's easier for Barbosa b/c he is use to that and I would agree if Barbosa wasn't doing it on both ends! Barbosa has been very solid on defense (you don't need plays called for you on that end), Jeff has been HORRIBLE!! I'm tired of the excuses! "he's coming off of heart surgery"... well, so is Wilcox, he still manages to look like he at least CARES to play! Most of the night Green just stands looking disinterested! Doc said the times when Jeff has good offensive games are on the plays when he is agressive, not from plays Doc calls (one game Doc called 2 plays for Green, he missed both shots... all the times he actually scored, there was no play called for him)... dude needs to get it together!

All this from someone who liked Green and said that people didn't know what they were talking about when it came to his contract... I was on his side the entire time... then I got to see why everyone complained...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 02:08:01 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I am disappointed to hear that Doc is disappointed in Jeff Green's play so far. I am also disappointed at our current standings.

I hope that things get a little bit better for the Celtics.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I'm "disappointed " on Christmas when all I get is a tie.  WOw Doc ... such harsh language...  ::) 

When 36 million is spent and this is all I get????? ???

Dudes...I want to call the police/FBI and the throw myself off a 40 story building after such a robbery.

Gee Doc...How about FEED UP to the GILL with lazy, unacertive, unproductive, so-what attitude on the court.

Green =Bum

He's 15 games into a 4 year contract. Too soon to judge IMO.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Then why did Ainge trade Perk for him?? :-X

Because he couldn't get Harden.  I think Danny should have held out for him, as Thunder probably thought they had to have Perk to compete for a championship.  They ended up trading Harden anyway.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 03:39:28 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
HALLELUJAH !!!

TRADE HIM YESTERDAY !!!

We'll take Pau Gasol  ...Green was born a Laker.

You're saying green is lazy, soft and weak of mind but you're more than happy to chuck him in a trade for Pau Gasol who is owed 40 million these two years....yeah right.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I am disappointed to hear that Doc is disappointed in Jeff Green's play so far. I am also disappointed at our current standings.

I'm hoping for a lot more than "a little bit better".

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Who isn't?

I would hope that even Green is disappointed with Green, otherwise he's never going to improve.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

TP.

I won't fault Green for how bad this team is playing on defense, or how bad is Doc managing rotations.

They are doing a poor job altogether, and as much as I'd like to see Green overcoming the team's poor performance, he hasn't done it yet.

But we're still in November, and we should judge this team by the All Star break. Once Bradley is back, I bet our D will improve, at least.

We need someone who can bring what Darko was supposed to bring to the team, and to keep our veteran's minutes in the high twenties. That's all I ask from Danny and Doc until february.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
HALLELUJAH !!!

TRADE HIM YESTERDAY !!!

We'll take Pau Gasol  ...Green was born a Laker.

You're saying green is lazy, soft and weak of mind but you're more than happy to chuck him in a trade for Pau Gasol who is owed 40 million these two years....yeah right.

The reason you make that trade is to sell on Green, Bass and Lee (those are the guys you need to make the money work). Gasol will be an expiring $19.5m deal next year, a quite valuable contract, especially since the guy is still a decent big man. 

If the Cs could get Gasol for Green, Bass and Lee, and then sign a vet SF to play behind PP, they'd be a much stronger team than they are currently.  Gasol, KG, PP, RR and Bradley, with JET, Sully, vet SF, Wilcox is a strong rotation.  They'd be able to compete with the bigger teams, like the Nets, and could go small for the Heat by playing PP on LeBron at PF and splitting the big minutes with Gasol and KG )or playing big and punishing the Heat so bat that they are forced to match, which is preferable to me). 

This trade would be a good idea for LA.  They get a SF and SG who can run the floor, and a cost controlled PF who can hit the jumper.  The Lakers would get the depth and speed they desperately need, and they would get two excellent corner three point shooters.