Author Topic: Kevin Garnett Introduces Jason Terry To Gino Time.  (Read 2402 times)

Kevin Garnett Introduces Jason Terry To Gino Time.
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:59:01 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
http://celticsfan10.tumblr.com/post/36988012973/kevin-garnett-introduces-jason-terry-to-gino

I thought this was funny and wanted to share. Kevin loves him some gino.

Re: Kevin Garnett Introduces Jason Terry To Gino Time.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I thought Terry was introduced to Gino on this day:
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290125002

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Ha we were 37-9 that season at that point. That was the good olll days where we dominated the regular season.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:00:36 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I really wish folks would stop calling this guy "Gino", as it's one of the biggest farces/mistakes in Celtics lore history.

The guy in the video is a California restaurant owner by the name of Joe Massoni, who died of pneumonia in 1990.

In the video, (which was taken from a showing of Dick Clark's American Bandstand), he is dancing to a disco song and wearing a concert t-shirt of his favorite musician, (and my biggest musical influence/mentor), Gino Vannelli, who is still very much alive and well, and producing amazing music, (as he has been since the early seventies), most recently with the Metropole Orchestra in the Netherlands, and the Doky Brothers in Denmark, (he has a house in Denmark and in Portland, Oregon).

I know the t-shirt well because I have one, and went to the concert at the Orpheum Theater in Boston in 1976 that it's promoting, (part of Gino Vannelli's 1976 tour, and one of only three times he has performed in Boston - twice at the Paradise).

So, in summation: The guy's name is NOT Gino, it's Joe Massoni, and it's called the "Gino Video" because he happened to be wearing a Gino Vannelli concert t-shirt at the time, though Joe passed away in 1990.

To give true and deserved tribute to the guy dancing, (who this whole thing is about), it should be called the "Joe Massoni Video", otherwise it's doing a disservice to him and Gino Vannelli, one of the greatest musical minds of the last fifty years, (ask most anyone in the recording industry).

RIP, Joe Massoni, and thank you for the smiles and joy you have brought to Celtic Nation.

(No, I will never sell the t-shirt ;)).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 08:19:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I really wish folks would stop calling this guy "Gino", as it's one of the biggest farces/mistakes in Celtics lore history.

The guy in the video is a California restaurant owner by the name of Joe Massoni, who died of pneumonia in 1990.

In the video, (which was taken from a showing of Dick Clark's American Bandstand), he is dancing to a disco song and wearing a concert t-shirt of his favorite musician, (and my biggest musical influence/mentor), Gino Vannelli, who is still very much alive and well, and producing amazing music, (as he has been since the early seventies), most recently with the Metropole Orchestra in the Netherlands, and the Doky Brothers in Denmark, (he has a house in Denmark and in Portland, Oregon).

I know the t-shirt well because I have one, and went to the concert at the Orpheum Theater in Boston in 1976 that it's promoting, (part of Gino Vannelli's 1976 tour, and one of only three times he has performed in Boston - twice at the Paradise).

So, in summation: The guy's name is NOT Gino, it's Joe Massoni, and it's called the "Gino Video" because he happened to be wearing a Gino Vannelli concert t-shirt at the time, though Joe passed away in 1990.

To give true and deserved tribute to the guy dancing, (who this whole thing is about), it should be called the "Joe Massoni Video", otherwise it's doing a disservice to him and Gino Vannelli, one of the greatest musical minds of the last fifty years, (ask most anyone in the recording industry).

RIP, Joe Massoni, and thank you for the smiles and joy you have brought to Celtic Nation.

It's a nickname, deal with it :)

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Agreed. I really don't care about the actual guy. I also don't care about the artist. All I care about is the tradition. It should be obvious that the guy wouldn't be wearing a shirt of himself. So what?

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I love that still after all these years that KG still lights up like a kid at Christmas when GINO pops up on the jumbo screen.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Agreed. I really don't care about the actual guy. I also don't care about the artist. All I care about is the tradition. It should be obvious that the guy wouldn't be wearing a shirt of himself. So what?
Yeah, you're right ... I should just be thankful he wasn't wearing a Captain & Tennille t-shirt.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Wow.. We Celtics fans truly are a breed apart lol

A bit fanatical  ;)