Author Topic: Glad Doc called the team out for being soft  (Read 3657 times)

Re: Glad Doc called the team out for being soft
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 03:04:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Basically Rondo blew up... watching his teamates getting pushed around , beat on  for 2 quarters like a bunch of little girls.

The BOSTON CELTICS "ALL" need to put on their "BIG BOY" pants and start playing ball like a team that wants a win .

If , not ..then if I was Doc and Danny I'd tell em to clean out their lockers and find some people that WANT TO WIN or really truely give a rats hind leg..

Jeff Green is the RING LEADER of the SISSY SQUAD...

Green has NO passion for the game... its a job and paycheck.

TOO many Jeff slack GREENS spoils the team and drags it down.

More guys like RONDO , BRADLEY and KG ,  Barbosa & Sully comes to play as well.

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 05:10:33 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Jason Terry is not soft.
Courtney Lee is not soft.
Chris Wilcox is not soft.
Leandro Barbosa is not soft.
I think we've seen enough of Sully to know that, whatever his other weaknesses, he's not soft.
Jeff Green?  Yeah, he's been playing soft.

But the rest of the guys who've seen the court are not soft players.  All but one of them are veterans who've been through the wars and never been accused of being soft in the past.  If these guys are playing soft, Doc needs to look at himself in the mirror for why that may be.  Before he starts throwing the players under the bus, could Doc explain exactly what the heck was going on with the 09-10 team that went 27-27 for the last two thirds of the season.  Was that team "soft"?

Mike

I agree that our players aren't soft (save Jeff Green), but we, collectively, are soft as butter right now.  We don't:
-Get to the FT line consistently
-Put bodies on people and rebound
-Generally make scrappy, hustle plays
-Play tough defense and impose our presence - I mean two terrible teams in Detroit and Orlando looked incredibly confident against our defense, as if they were shooting alone in a gym 

I literally yell at my TV, using choice words for our players and the way we play.  I think you can out figure what those words are.

I love the C's, but we are soft.  SOFT.  Softest team in the league, possibly.

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 06:16:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Jason Terry is not soft.
I think we've seen enough of Sully to know that, whatever his other weaknesses, he's not soft.
This is all irrelevant. There is no "I" in team. And the team is soft. Celtic teams from previous team will take your best blow, and hit back harder (and I don't mean that literally -- yes, I'm looking at you, Rajon Rondo). They'll execute when it matters, and would never be written off until the final whistle.

This year's team... they kind of do the same without the hitting back part. We give up way more "big plays" than we're making (bad shots, turnovers, botched defense, offensive rebounds to the opposition, you name it) than we make -- and this is just not going to win you a lot of games.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Rivers is starting to act like the petulent child he acted like pre-Garnett.

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Oh yea, he totally should have pretended nothing was wrong and we haven't been playing Soft and have zero intimidation factor right now  ::)

Everything he said was right. The Nets, and every other team, come in knowing that if they attack the offensive glass hard, they'll get a ton of rebounds and extra shots because we are soft as cheese.

I'm glad Doc said it, mabey it will p--- guys off and we won't have to watch this team play like Dog's thinking showing up in a green uniform is going to win a basketball game.

Rebounding and Defense are about effort and a "I'm going to win the 50/50 battle, every time" mindset, which this team lacks.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

By saying what everyone who has watch them play already knew?

He called himself out too, and took responsibility for not doing his job.  But he can't deny the fact that his team is charmin soft at the moment.  Now he needs to find a way to fix it.

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 08:38:55 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Did he say.okay, start rebounding..? Rebounding IS DEFENSE....NEVER stop going for the ball, when you do, you sit.....no one ever made an outlet pass with another rebounder in your face....!

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Jason Terry is not soft.
This is all irrelevant.

Uh...that's why I wrote the rest of it.  If your players aren't soft but your team is playing soft, who's responsibility is that?  The players?  Sure, but it's also on the coach because he CLEARLY is doing something wrong.  That's also why I brought up another example, and there are others, of this Celtic team playing inexplicably bad in the years since the title.

If you have to simply ignore what someone posts in order to disagree, maybe you should think twice before responding.

MIke