Author Topic: Glad Doc called the team out for being soft  (Read 3661 times)

Re: Glad Doc said what he said.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I don't know if him saying it in the media will help, but he's not lying. This team is a soft as Charmin right now and shows not one ounce of aggression or mean streak. No team is afraid of them right now and it shows.
Times like this are why I miss Tony and Perk a bit because they weren't soft and if they were it wasn't shown.

I'm sorry, but I think the whole "being afraid" of other teams is a bit of a silly concept.  I don't think anybody is really afraid of anybody in the NBA.  Certainly, though, some teams are better than others.  I don't really think fear is a major factor, though.

I think this is semantics
call it however, respect, awareness, fear.
Its different when team try to beat the other team (that is better) and being played without any consideration from the start.
As much as i think in pro sports all are equals. Some teams lose the respect of being called equals, or top tier equals,  thats what i am worried about, as much as how much i love when my cs plays their A game and looks unbeatable.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 01:17:29 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't know if him saying it in the media will help, but he's not lying. This team is a soft as Charmin right now and shows not one ounce of aggression or mean streak. No team is afraid of them right now and it shows.
Times like this are why I miss Tony and Perk a bit because they weren't soft and if they were it wasn't shown.

I'm sorry, but I think the whole "being afraid" of other teams is a bit of a silly concept.  I don't think anybody is really afraid of anybody in the NBA.  Certainly, though, some teams are better than others.  I don't really think fear is a major factor, though.

Its different when team try to beat the other team (that is better) and being played without any consideration from the start.
As much as i think in pro sports all are equals. Some teams lose the respect of being called equals, or top tier equals,  thats what i am worried about, as much as how much i love when my cs plays their A game and looks unbeatable.

This Celtics team is more than capable of going on a nice run of playing winning basketball.  I think the rest of the league knows that.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 01:33:37 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

This Celtics team is more than capable of going on a nice run of playing winning basketball.  I think the rest of the league knows that.

ESPN dont... :p
they think we are screwed since we lose that guy

Nice to be back!

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 01:39:59 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

While I don't think the Celtics are completely screwed without Rondo because Barbosa has proven to be a productive replacement so far, though he's obviously a completely different player.  Pierce has also proven in the past that he can run the offense effectively.  Still, I don't think this is like last year when the Celtics could start Avery in place of Rondo and get by because the effect of Avery's constant swarming defense on the opposing ball-handler made up for the drop-off in offensive efficiency.  Barbosa can get hot and score in bunches, but he doesn't really improve the team offense, and he's certainly not a plus defensively, though he's been better than advertised there.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

While I don't think the Celtics are completely screwed without Rondo because Barbosa has proven to be a productive replacement so far, though he's obviously a completely different player.  Pierce has also proven in the past that he can run the offense effectively.  Still, I don't think this is like last year when the Celtics could start Avery in place of Rondo and get by because the effect of Avery's constant swarming defense on the opposing ball-handler made up for the drop-off in offensive efficiency.  Barbosa can get hot and score in bunches, but he doesn't really improve the team offense, and he's certainly not a plus defensively, though he's been better than advertised there.

I was talking about Ray

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 01:55:44 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
They are soft right now....

That will definitely light a fire under the players. Noone likes being called soft.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Doc is 100% right.  I turned on the game at the 3:00 mark in the 1st q, C's were down 17-16.  The Nets announcers were talking about how poorly the nets were shooting (I think it was 36% at the time) but were still ahead.  I immediately knew that was because they were outrebounding the C's, getting more chances, and we were turning the ball over.

Last night's game was disgusting. The worst effort of the year. Worse than Detroit. 

It is shocking to me how many wide open shots, especially 3's, teams are getting against us this year.  That is all defensive intensity and focus.

I cannot understate how badly this team needs Avery Bradley right now. 

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 08:19:02 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Intimidation is definitely a factor big time. We lost that factor when we traded Perk and haven't been able to get it back since. Having Perk next to Garnett in the paint on D changes a teams whole outlook on how they attack the basket. Players are afraid to drive because they knew they werent going to get an easy shot or they were gonna get bumped on their butts. That swagger, attitude, fear, intimidation call it what you want, is a big piece of what this team doesnt have right now.

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 08:33:01 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
This kind of reminds of the 2009 patriots when you saw Belichick on a football life saying on the sideline, "I just can't get these guys to play the way I need them to play."

Sometimes as a coach you try everything you can and the mix of players just wasnt right. 

Doc has been saying for years just get me talent and I'll figure it out, now he has talent and isnt getting the most out of it.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bass is trying , so is Wilcox and Sully, .... but Green and Jet and Lee ARE PLAYING SISSY BALL.  The C's are just undersized and outmuscled at nearly everypostion... or the younger guys energy is too much for Pierce and KG .

Green needs to be DUMPED ASAP.

Re: Glad Doc called the team out for being soft
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
This and the EEI interview leads me to believe that Jeff Greens arse is getting a match applied to it in today's practice. Hopefully some other slackers will fall in line.

When is Avery Bradley going to walk through that door and bring Celtics attitude back?
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This and the EEI interview leads me to believe that Jeff Greens arse is getting a match applied to it in today's practice. Hopefully some other slackers will fall in line.

Yeah, and I am not sure it is just Green.  If Doc is doing it or not, I am pretty confident KG is in everyone face right now, asking them if they would stand up for a teammate the way Rondo did. 

But I do think (or hope) Doc is starting to change his tact with Green in particular.  I think he has been soft on him so far, hoping he would come around.  But clearly that hasn't worked.  I think its time he starts riding him, and really trying to get more out of him. 

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Were 15 games in. This is getting ridiculous. I Love that he said it, but Hate that he had too.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Love it. Hopefully will start the fire under this team.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Jason Terry is not soft.
Courtney Lee is not soft.
Chris Wilcox is not soft.
Leandro Barbosa is not soft.
I think we've seen enough of Sully to know that, whatever his other weaknesses, he's not soft.
Jeff Green?  Yeah, he's been playing soft.

But the rest of the guys who've seen the court are not soft players.  All but one of them are veterans who've been through the wars and never been accused of being soft in the past.  If these guys are playing soft, Doc needs to look at himself in the mirror for why that may be.  Before he starts throwing the players under the bus, could Doc explain exactly what the heck was going on with the 09-10 team that went 27-27 for the last two thirds of the season.  Was that team "soft"?

Mike