Author Topic: Rondo suspension thread..  (Read 28266 times)

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2012, 05:43:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
guess they are both immature and not capable of leading a team either since they were much older than Rondo is now when they got ejected.
Neither of them tossed anyone into the stands. Neither of them was suspended. Neither of them was was suspended. Neither of them has a history of multiple suspensions in a short period of time. There's just no way to spin this for Rondo. It's not good.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Rondo gets two games
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Fair to me. I was thinking 3+ I am very happy with just two. But a fine for KG? Why? What about Hump or Wallace?
Wallace has been fined 35k.

In all honesty what he did going after KG was probably worse than what Rondo got suspended for.
It isn't. Rondo was the initiator of these, and he tossed a guy in the stands. Wallace ran in to push and shove some.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Rondo speaks:

"I thought the play on Kevin was a malicious play," said Rondo. "I got hurt last summer on a similar play like that, a guy going up in the air defenseless, on his way down.

"I don't think I did anything dirty. I didn't try to start a riot. I don't think it's more than just a pushing war that started."

Maybe this is how Rondo expects his teammates to react and have his back if Dirty Dwyane Wade tries something in the future.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Fair to me. I was thinking 3+ I am very happy with just two. But a fine for KG? Why? What about Hump or Wallace?
Wallace has been fined 35k.

In all honesty what he did going after KG was probably worse than what Rondo got suspended for.

It wasn't worse.
But from a certain standpoint, it was more idiotic.

« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He got off REALLLLLLY easy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I guess I'm just going to have to accept I live in a world run by sissies.

Oh well, you earned my respect, Rondo.

« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2012, 06:17:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yeah, because punching someone makes you a tough guy. What's that, middle school?

« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, Rondo DID NOT punch anyone.

Furthermore, you don't want no ish, don't start no ish.  I get by quite fine using this mantra, thank you very much.

« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
What punch?

« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2012, 06:28:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Well, Rondo DID NOT punch anyone.

Furthermore, you don't want no ish, don't start no ish.  I get by quite fine using this mantra, thank you very much.
It doesn't matter whether he punched anyone or not. What I asking is whether it makes you a "tough guy". Because shoving people around is kind of weak sauce.

« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
What punch?
It wasn't a statement. It was a question.

Getting ejected, suspended, and losing a game doesn't make you a tough guy. It makes you a well-rounded loser.

« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I'm more sad that he won't erase the Great Liar's record.  Any erasure of the Great Liar in any record book is a positive.  If only ESPN would remove him and his narcissistic useless commentary the mute button wouldn't be wearing out on my remote.

Ultimately Rondo's move will turn the team around.  It was needed with the team playing so lethargic.

« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2012, 07:18:35 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
this better be a gut check to this team.

absolutely no defensive swagger at all.  never thought I'd say that about a Rondo/KG team....

« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Given that the thing spilled into the stands, I can understand the penalty.  I thought the ejection was enough by itself, personally, but I get it.

I still don't have a problem with what Rondo did.  That tells me what kind of teammate he is.  I can appreciate that, even if the result wasn't what he (or we) wanted.

« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Yeah, because punching someone makes you a tough guy. What's that, middle school?

No , sometimes thats life requires you stand up and be a man.