Author Topic: Rondo suspension thread..  (Read 28267 times)

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Anyone else notice Donnys immediate reaction? Clapping, laughing, and gloating about the scrum? Then at the post game he did a complete 180 and derided the whole thing? Can we please send this guy to Miami now, to carry Ray Allens bag of balls?
Miami is too good for him.  How about send him to cover the rugby league in Afganistan?

Sounds good to me!  Can't stand Donny.  I took a disliking to him the very first day he joined the Celtics.  He was dogging Pierce like he was the commentator for the other team.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2012, 03:14:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I like how everyone is acting like Larry Bird diddnt get in numerous fights. With him it was that he was "tough". With Rondo he has "anger problems". Grow up you little girls these are grown men.

I wonder if this is a generational thing, where the younger "everyone plays a quarter, everyone gets a trophy, no choosing sides in gym" generation tents to looks at these incidents in a wimpy manner, and those who grew up in or before the Bird Era understand when grown men compete hard, there are going to be a few dust ups. 

You know what I blame this on the breakdown of?  Society.

I agree 100% .

« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2012, 03:52:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Looks like a one game suspension to me. Decent chance Rondo gets away without a suspension but I'd say a one gamer is more likely.

« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I like what Rondo did. This team needs to get nasty and be the aggressor. It was nice to see some fire out of one of our players. Hopefully it translates over. In combination with what Doc said I think this could really spark us to stop (screwing) around and get down to business. 

I also like it. I didn't think we were gonna win that game either, I think Rondo was doing what he thought a leader should do. I was impressed, and honestly I thought there was as good a chance of the team coming together in his absence as there was of them getting blown out.

Of course, when @DrayBaltche picked off that missed FT for a offensive rebound and bunny, I knew we weren't coming back. Soft serve indeed.
That's a really good point especially considering Doc Rivers has admitted to doing the exact same thing.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
This is what should have happened when Wade took down Rondo. I guess the little guy is the only one who will stick up for his mates.

For those of you who are already typing a response about being smart and not letting emotion get the best of you in the playoffs: can you remind me who one that series again?

This is the part of the story that bothers me the most, and something Doc nailed after the game.  It was really dumb of Rondo to put himself in jeopardy like this...but what is even worse is that he needed to.  That game was getting rough, and the C's were getting outhustled, outworked, and out-toughed.

Rondo took it on himself to stand up to the Nets, and he cost the team for it.  But what should have happened is some of the role players should have been the ones that did that.  Jason Collins, Chris Wilcox, Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger, Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Jason Terry, etc.  They are the ones who are supposed to be sacrificing themselves to light a fire under the team, and show that they aren't going to be pushed around. 

While Rondo needs to be smarter, this team is not going to be able to do any damage against the better teams in the league, until they start getting some toughness out of the other guys.

This team needs to play tougher, hands down. Nets were playing tougher, they pushed us further and further from the basket and got the upper hand.

But we cannot consistently rely on ejections to start playing tougher and even last night, after the incident happened, we didn't play much better defense for at least another full quarter.

What I expect from a team leader is get vocal during timeouts or even the small breaks during a free-throw shooting to get the team's act together. That's what KG and PP do. Intensity is a good thing up to the point that it begins to hurt your own.
As aggressive as KG is, he is certainly controlling himself to a degree, because if he let it all out, that wouldn't be firing up your teammates any more. What Rondo needs to do is to adopt a similar manner.

I want him to be a leader that has consciously tough.
Not Ron Artest-tough.

Oh, I agree completely.  But what my point was, Rondo would never have even considered doing that, if the rest of the team was playing tougher overall.

I get your point.
I also agree that, well before that play, he was frustrated with the basketball Celtics were playing. A stagnant offense with just the player with the ball moving around and a next-to-nothing defensive toughness.

And as some fellow bloggers point out, I didn't expect this would turn into a calamity with multiple players involved at the beginning.
I'm not blaming him, but I stil don't get how Kris Humphries was pushed back so easily. Maybe he didn't expect Rondo's initial reaction, I don't know.
At any rate, an incident which initially looked like a potential double technical called in the end, got quickly out of hands and ended with ejections.

That said, I'm not suggesting this altercation was anywhere near "Artest-dirty".
I just don't want an evolution in that direction and probably a one game suspension or maybe two, would help him refrain from initiating these kind of incidents the next time.

« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Rondo didn't really do anything that bad. Yeah he instigated it, and He shoved Humphries. But Humphries over reacted. If he would have just stood his ground, the ref would have stepped in and just gave Rondo a T. It would have been a different story if he had punched him in stead.

Wallace was worse going after Kg for no reason. Didn't even go and try to help his teammate out, just ran by to start some thing with KG.

At worst it should be a fine and maybe one game. But this is the NBA were they hate the Celtics and don't have and consistency or make any sense.

« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo didn't really do anything that bad. Yeah he instigated it, and He shoved Humphries. But Humphries over reacted. If he would have just stood his ground, the ref would have stepped in and just gave Rondo a T. It would have been a different story if he had punched him in stead.

Wallace was worse going after Kg for no reason. Didn't even go and try to help his teammate out, just ran by to start some thing with KG.

At worst it should be a fine and maybe one game. But this is the NBA were they hate the Celtics and don't have and consistency or make any sense.

I think that Wallace was mad about being hit in the face a few minutes earlier (even though he wasn't hit in the face).

« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I keep watching it on youtube. I don't think Humphries actually fouled Garnett.

Rondo gets two games
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2012, 04:45:41 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Ainge just announced it on WEEI

Re: Rondo gets two games
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2012, 04:46:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
So ejection for a fight, 1 for starting it, and 1 for being Rondo.

« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2012, 04:47:07 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I knew  :)  fair enough, now lets move on and win more games
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Two game suspension. Ainge just announced it on WEEI.

« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

does this include the ejection from the nets game? or is it two games on top of that ejection?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

does this include the ejection from the nets game? or is it two games on top of that ejection?

Two games on top of the ejection last night.

« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2012, 04:49:16 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
just announced on felger show