Author Topic: Rondo suspension thread..  (Read 28269 times)

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2012, 01:38:01 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Then Humphries falls back, and to the left. Back, and to the left

« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I like how everyone is acting like Larry Bird diddnt get in numerous fights. With him it was that he was "tough". With Rondo he has "anger problems". Grow up you little girls these are grown men.

I wonder if this is a generational thing, where the younger "everyone plays a quarter, everyone gets a trophy, no choosing sides in gym" generation tents to looks at these incidents in a wimpy manner, and those who grew up in or before the Bird Era understand when grown men compete hard, there are going to be a few dust ups. 

« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

There must have been a second scratcher!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Jackie M. ripping Rondo for his immaturity and lack of control and ripping the team big time on WEEI right now.
The same woman who gets lady boners when talking about Bird's fighting antics.

There's a mental image we could all do without.

« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2012, 01:41:45 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213

There must have been a second scratcher!

TP. 

« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2012, 01:42:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Jackie M. ripping Rondo for his immaturity and lack of control and ripping the team big time on WEEI right now.
Shes a rondo detractor....period.

As if her hero bird didn't engage in shoving matches

To quote Bill Belichick, "Do business as business is being done."

Shoving was ok in Birds day, its not anymore therefor the bird thing doesnt really hold too much water with me.

Agreed actually just she needs to get off her moral high horse..pleeeease. he made a mistake...shes a rondo detractor and rondo detractors couldn't be more pleased with this oppurtunity to jump all over him and call him immature

She is not a Rondo detractor. And, Rondo is immature.

« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
So, basically,  Rajon is going to get suspended for defending his teammate and spilling 2-3 sodas in the first row?
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2012, 01:46:30 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

What don't you understand about the fact that this is a far different era?

« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I like how everyone is acting like Larry Bird diddnt get in numerous fights. With him it was that he was "tough". With Rondo he has "anger problems". Grow up you little girls these are grown men.

I wonder if this is a generational thing, where the younger "everyone plays a quarter, everyone gets a trophy, no choosing sides in gym" generation tents to looks at these incidents in a wimpy manner, and those who grew up in or before the Bird Era understand when grown men compete hard, there are going to be a few dust ups.
Has nothing to do with the incident itself. Rondo will get himself suspended for the third time in 10 months or so. That's not "making a mistake" -- it's more of a dangerous habit.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
So, basically,  Rajon is going to get suspended for defending his teammate and spilling 2-3 sodas in the first row?

No, he is going to get suspended for initiating a scuffle that ended up three rows into the stands.

« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

How many times did Bird get suspended for his "fighting antics"? Yeah, I thought so.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

How many times did Bird get suspended for his "fighting antics"? Yeah, I thought so.

That's my point. It was accepted back then. It is not accepted now. Whether someone thinks that is wimpy or not, the game has changed and players need to adapt.

« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

You know what I blame this on the breakdown of?  Society. 

« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2012, 01:53:35 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I'd be interested to hear his take - in today's NBA would Bird retaliate in situations knowing the difference in consequences.

« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

It is just the sanitization of the game of basketball.  The Bird Era was immediately after the cocaine era and even Bird's first title win was on tape delay.  Now they are marketing the NBA as family entertainment, which widens their customer base and makes the NBA more successful, but also fosters the need to make the game cleaner for audiences such as children.  The NFL has taken similar steps.  It is the "drawback" of being successful.