Author Topic: Rondo suspension thread..  (Read 28280 times)

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
This is classic Rondo. Playing amazing ball then does something that makes everyone go 'ugh'.
This made me say "Yes!". No one can say he cared more about his assist streak than the team.

I hadn't thought of that.  Great point.  Odd way for a record streak to end.  Maybe he has another one in him later in his career.

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Can we just agree to make this subject its own thread? Now can we let it go and talk logically about Rondo and a suspension?

I'd be glad to.  In fact, I have several posts on this thread solely about the possibility of suspension.  You'll note that all of BBallTim's posts on this thread are solely to sarcastically deride the Clippers point guard.

To be fair, it wasn't all sarcastic.

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2012, 10:56:46 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I'd say one, but because it went into the fans, there's a good chance he'll get two.
I don't think Rondo punched Humphries; it was more of a 'double-stiff-wristed-open-handed' slap to the face.

I think Gerald Wallace needs to be suspended longer, though.  He just jumped right into it and attacked KG, who had done nothing at that point.  KG didn't even fight back, he was just trying to grab Rondo.  Same for Pierce, but Reggie Evans was grabbing him.  I don't think Evans should get in trouble, but Wallace pulled an absolute bush league move on KG.  Disgusting

That's actually a great point.  It going into the fans may play a factor in a suspension decision.  I'm still sticking with 0 or 1, but excellent point.

I think the Brawl at the Palace back in '04 wouldn't have been as bad had it not escalated any further than Artest and Wallace shoving each other; however, in that case, a fan really started it with Artest by throwing that soda at him.

Heck, remember when KG elbowed Q-Rich back in '10 against the Heat?  That was right in front of the fans, too.  Now, KG deserved that one, but still, the safety of the fans is a critical part when the league reviews scruffs like these.

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2012, 11:01:04 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
I'd say one, but because it went into the fans, there's a good chance he'll get two.
I don't think Rondo punched Humphries; it was more of a 'double-stiff-wristed-open-handed' slap to the face.

I think Gerald Wallace needs to be suspended longer, though.  He just jumped right into it and attacked KG, who had done nothing at that point.  KG didn't even fight back, he was just trying to grab Rondo.  Same for Pierce, but Reggie Evans was grabbing him.  I don't think Evans should get in trouble, but Wallace pulled an absolute bush league move on KG.  Disgusting

That's actually a great point.  It going into the fans may play a factor in a suspension decision.  I'm still sticking with 0 or 1, but excellent point.

I think the Brawl at the Palace back in '04 wouldn't have been as bad had it not escalated any further than Artest and Wallace shoving each other; however, in that case, a fan really started it with Artest by throwing that soda at him.

Heck, remember when KG elbowed Q-Rich back in '10 against the Heat?  That was right in front of the fans, too.  Now, KG deserved that one, but still, the safety of the fans is a critical part when the league reviews scruffs like these.

Not to get off topic, again, but wow, what an amazing turn of events led to that Palace brawl.  It was like several small instances had to go wrong and converge to create such a huge mess.

To quote a Grantland article:
"There were roughly half a dozen elements that caused that brawl to happen," says Mark Montieth, who covered the Pacers for the Indianapolis Star. "If Artest doesn't make that hard foul on Ben Wallace, it doesn't happen. If Ben Wallace doesn't react the way he did, it doesn't happen. If the referees control the situation, it doesn't happen. If Artest doesn't go lay down on that scorer's table, it doesn't happen. If the fan doesn't throw the beverage, it doesn't happen. There was a continuation there, a succession of things. You take away any one of them and the whole thing doesn't happen."

It was like a perfect storm.

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2012, 11:04:28 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
That Christmas Day game is gonna feature plenty of guys who deserve coal in their stockings! haha   ;)

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
That Christmas Day game is gonna feature plenty of guys who deserve coal in their stockings! haha   ;)

Ha! What an inappropriate day for a rematch. TP.

I'm just disappointed that our rebounding is so bad that Brook Lopez got 10 rebounds against us!

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

While we probably won't get the same result, we were 15-15 before Rondo's suspension last year, 24-10 after it. One can only hope.

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
He'll get anywhere between 1 and 3

FYI this was a brawl not a pushing match.

Even though I absolutely love seeing rondo show his aggression, this was a dumb thing to do.  Or it wasn't.  Not sure.  The way he pushed Kris way back to the point where he was behind the hoop, out of the cameras view and surrounded by tall players before he threw his punch (which itself was thrown pretty stealthily) was kind of smart. Maybe we need a couple more games without our feisty point guard to gel offensively. 

Its even possible that this is going to make him play even harder when he gets back.  Rondo likes attention, maybe he wanted eyes on him so he can justify playing hard.

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2012, 11:53:29 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
To me, this shows how much Rondo truly cared about that assist streak...he didn't. 

I'm sure it would have been something great to surpass, but it's over and done with now.  He did what he did, the streak is done.  He knew what he was doing and it was great.  He stuck up for his teammate.  If the streak was the first thing on his mind, he would have not done what he did.

Props to Rondo.

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 12:09:47 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
Well, this is just great:

I am not sure if we can post this pics here,.will be checked

Just another reason to give Rondo a lengthy suspension.  Ugh
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:49:09 AM by Edgar »

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2012, 12:44:36 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

edited....waiting ...

man KH is a bleeping wuss.  I have worse scratches from my pair of cats.  I have less respect for him posting that photo.  Yeah Kris, you have such a hard life!  Now I really want the C's to just destroy them next time.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:49:51 AM by Edgar »

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2012, 12:48:29 AM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
So glad this finally happened. Enter the Bad Boy Celtics.

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2012, 12:51:31 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
To me, this shows how much Rondo truly cared about that assist streak...he didn't. 

I'm sure it would have been something great to surpass, but it's over and done with now.  He did what he did, the streak is done.  He knew what he was doing and it was great.  He stuck up for his teammate.  If the streak was the first thing on his mind, he would have not done what he did.

Props to Rondo.

and maybe Rondo knows more about KG motivation than Doc, and I am just saying Maybe... but well I will be propper and say that was unnecesary all the way
maybe a little couple of words could have been enough in this scenario
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2012, 12:53:37 AM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

still edited... please....

I don't think he should have done that at all. I think he should have just not said anything about it.
Rondo most likely will get suspended now because it's not looking good for him and the media will go in on him about this like they are tonight.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:56:45 AM by Edgar »

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2012, 01:22:54 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
No idea what Stern will do.

My opinion:

No way on earth does anything that happened warrant a suspension, for either team.

THERE WAS NO PUNCH THROWN BY RONDO.

If anyone actually thinks there was a punch, I'm guessing you've either never thrown one, nor received one.  It was a push, point blank.

Personally, I loved how Rondo stood up for KG.  That is a dude I would want on my side every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

One last point, Donnie Marshall is a wimpy piece of trash.  FIRE HIM NOW!