Author Topic: Rondo suspension thread..  (Read 28268 times)

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Honestly, what in that skirmish warrants a suspension for anyone on either team? The closest to a suspension is Wallace and he got ejected so that pretty much took care of that. There was nothing there that seemed suspension worthy for anyone.

That's what I think is fair too, based on the actual events.

The problem, as we've all seen time after time, is that the league often reacts not just based on actual events, but on its own inscrutable interpretation of things.

Who knows.

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Five games based on previous instances of suspensionable conduct.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Chris Paul hasn't been suspended since college, at least according to this blog of NBA fines and suspensions.

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/fines.html

Yes, I went there.

I guess we now know why he takes all those playoff losses so calmly.

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
1 game for Rondo just because the league goes after "repeat" guys.

This is what happens when both teams are physical and only one team gets to the line. Guys get frustrated as hell about it.

Still stupid overreaction.

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I think he may get 1 game suspension.
Also I wish they will stop calling it a brawl. He didn't punch him, he pushed him into the stands (I find it interesting how he pushed a much taller and bigger person that hard).

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Chris Paul hasn't been suspended since college, at least according to this blog of NBA fines and suspensions.

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/fines.html

Yes, I went there.

I guess we now know why he takes all those playoff losses so calmly.

I'd prefer that than getting suspended a game in the middle of a playoff series.  Season is 82 games, playoff series is 4-7.  Why get carried away during 1 game out of 82? Losing your cool doesn't help the cause in either situation.

And if you want to get technical about it, Rondo lost 9 playoff games last year and lost 10 the year he won the championship.  I thought the major criticism of CP3 was not going far enough in the playoffs.  Rondo has lost bunches more playoff games than him.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:43:44 PM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
Five games based on previous instances of suspensionable conduct.

5 game suspensions are saved for pretty severe situations.  There is no way this merits 5 games.  The most recent incidents to get 5 games come from Bynum's mid-air elbow on Barea, Villanueva following Ryan Hollins into the locker room to continue an altercation, and Antonio Davis going into the stands.

Artest, as mentioned earlier, got 7 games for concussing James Harden with an elbow to the head.  Artest has a worse history than Rondo.  This, in no way, shape, or form, gets 5 games.  Rondo's history merits 1 instead of 0.

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
And if you want to get technical about it, Rondo lost 9 playoff games last year and lost 10 the year he won the championship.  I thought the major criticism of CP3 was not going far enough in the playoffs.  Rondo has lost bunches more playoff games than him.
I guess going far in the playoffs is a negative now?

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
This is classic Rondo. Playing amazing ball then does something that makes everyone go 'ugh'.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

If you say so.  I am unsure where you read that.  I guess pointless suspensions are a positive now?

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

FACT: Magic Johnson lost more playoff games than Baron Davis.  So overrated.

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

FACT: Magic Johnson lost more playoff games than Baron Davis.  So overrated.

I guess it is fun to draw pointless conclusions and analogies from my post.  I never once said that Rondo losing more playoff games than Paul makes Paul a better player.  I said it as a simple matter of fact.

Tim Duncan is taller than Keyon Dooling and is a better player.

Please post a sarcastic comment about how I think Joe Kleine being taller than Michael Jordan makes him a better player.

Or maybe I should jump to conclusions and say that you are equating Rajon to Magic and equating CP3 to Baron Davis.  Jumping to conclusions is fun.

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Bynum got a 4 game suspension after clotheslining Barea in the playoffs. This isn't anything close to that. 1 game suspension maximum.

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 09:54:01 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
Bynum got a 4 game suspension after clotheslining Barea in the playoffs. This isn't anything close to that. 1 game suspension maximum.

Exactly.  There is no previous instance that makes me think this is any more than one game.

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »

Offline contramundum

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 36

If you say so.  I am unsure where you read that.  I guess pointless suspensions are a positive now?

Yeah but are you just being a hater to troll or something?