Author Topic: Rondo suspension thread..  (Read 28344 times)

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 09:55:11 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think he may get 1 game suspension.
Also I wish they will stop calling it a brawl. He didn't punch him, he pushed him into the stands (I find it interesting how he pushed a much taller and bigger person that hard).

Yeah, Rondo getting his jersey pulled off by Humphries tells the story about how he ended in the stands.

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 09:57:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
And if you want to get technical about it, Rondo lost 9 playoff games last year and lost 10 the year he won the championship.  I thought the major criticism of CP3 was not going far enough in the playoffs.  Rondo has lost bunches more playoff games than him.
I guess going far in the playoffs is a negative now?

If you say so.  I am unsure where you read that.  I guess pointless suspensions are a positive now?
You can read my first post in the thread if you want my opinion on Rondo's actions. You were the one bring up how Rondo has lost a heck of a lot more playoff games than CP3.

You also brought up CP3 for no apparent reason other than to pick a fight.

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
And if you want to get technical about it, Rondo lost 9 playoff games last year and lost 10 the year he won the championship.  I thought the major criticism of CP3 was not going far enough in the playoffs.  Rondo has lost bunches more playoff games than him.

If you say so.  I am unsure where you read that.  I guess pointless suspensions are a positive now?
You can read my first post in the thread if you want my opinion on Rondo's actions. You were the one bring up how Rondo has lost a heck of a lot more playoff games than CP3.

I mentioned that he lost more playoff games in response to a post about calmness in losing playoff games.  You can read my full post and what it is in response to if that helps.  There is no instance of saying that number of playoff losses make CP3 a better or worse player than Rondo.

I believe you are free to ignore a CP3 comment should you choose to do so.  If you think I am "picking a fight", you can choose not to respond, which is what Rondo should have done.

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 10:02:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I mentioned that he lost more playoff games in response to a post about calmness in losing playoff games.  You can read my full post and what it is in response to if that helps.

I read what you wrote and it was a silly attempt to nitpick a criticism of CP3, and it remains silly that you're defending it.

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

Yeah but are you just being a hater to troll or something?

The thing that is most offensive about that post is that it is a direct affront to logic. The opportunity to win, and lose, more playoff games is apparently a drawback and an out of context stat that can be thrown in a players face. The respect paid to logic is the respect paid to future posts by said poster from this gentleman.

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

I mentioned that he lost more playoff games in response to a post about calmness in losing playoff games.  You can read my full post and what it is in response to if that helps.

I read what you wrote and it was a silly attempt to nitpick a criticism of CP3, and it remains silly that you're defending it.

It was nothing of the sort.  I guess you are still misunderstanding it.  What exactly am I defending?  It is silly to say that losing more playoff games doesn't make Rondo a worse player than CP3?  I think we are all in agreement there.

There is no instance of saying that number of playoff losses make CP3 a better or worse player than Rondo.

That was in m previous thread, the one that you said was me "defending" a silly nitpick, but you conveniently left it out to try to make a point

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 10:09:01 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

The thing that is most offensive about that post is that it is a direct affront to logic. The opportunity to win, and lose, more playoff games is apparently a drawback and an out of context stat that can be thrown in a players face. The respect paid to logic is the respect paid to future posts by said poster from this gentleman.

There is no instance of me saying that number of playoff losses make CP3 a better or worse player than Rondo.

I never once said that the opportunity to win or lose more playoff games is a drawback and should be thrown in a players face.  I never said that was a drawback to Rondo.  Keep putting words in my mouth, jumping to conclusions, and chasing ghosts though.

I guess everyone is really upset after this loss.  The season is long, no need to lose control, like our point guard did.

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:25 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I am guessing 3-5 games, given his history.

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

There is no instance of me saying that number of playoff losses make CP3 a better or worse player than Rondo.

I never once said that the opportunity to win or lose more playoff games is a drawback and should be thrown in a players face.  I never said that was a drawback to Rondo.
This is one of my favorite dodges, very similar to the leading question political pundits love.

Is "generic Senator" an axe wielding cannibal? I'm not saying he is, I"m just asking the question. I never said it, I was just stating some facts.

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

I never once said that the opportunity to win or lose more playoff games is a drawback and should be thrown in a players face.  I never said that was a drawback to Rondo.
This is one of my favorite dodges, very similar to the leading question political pundits love.

Is "generic Senator" an axe wielding cannibal? I'm not saying he is, I"m just asking the question.

Swing and a miss. 

Why does your banner only have Pierce and Perkins on it?  Are you saying they were more important to our title team than KG or Rondo?

Creating conclusions out of thin air is fun.

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
History or not, any suspension would be pathetic.  It wasn't a dirty move during a basketball play where somebody could get hurt.  That's what suspensions are for.  This was a scuffle.  We see scuffles in the NBA (of varying severity) every month.

It wasn't even a KG elbow to the face after the play.  It was a player getting in another player's face after the play.  Definitely a fine, arguably an ejection, if it's a suspension the league is weaker than ever.  Players react in the heat of the moment and emotions come out.  As long as nobody is trying to start a fight (ie punches) I don't think it's a huge deal.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2012, 10:19:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
History or not, any suspension would be pathetic.  It wasn't a dirty move during a basketball play where somebody could get hurt.  That's what suspensions are for.  This was a scuffle.  We see scuffles in the NBA (of varying severity) every month.

It wasn't a KG elbow to the face after the play.  It was a player getting in another players face after the play.  Definitely a fine, arguably an ejection, if it's a suspension the league is weaker than ever.  Players react in the heat of the moment and emotions come out.  As long as nobody is trying to start a fight (ie punches) I don't think it's a huge deal.
The NBA has gotten a quicker trigger on suspensions though.

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

It wasn't a KG elbow to the face after the play.  It was a player getting in another players face after the play.  Definitely a fine, arguably an ejection, if it's a suspension the league is weaker than ever.  Players react in the heat of the moment and emotions come out.  As long as nobody is trying to start a fight (ie punches) I don't think it's a huge deal.
I get that, but we still don't see suspensions every time teams huddle up and shove back and forth.  That's at least somewhat common, and if he does get suspension it's definitely the league setting an example because of his history.  I don't think that's right.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

No reason to think the trigger is any quicker than in recent years other than jumping to that conclusion.  We only have two suspensions for in game instances that I am aware of this year, Thomas Robinson (an elbow to the neck) and Demarcus Cousins (confronting Sean Elliott at the broadcast table).

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Chris Paul hasn't been suspended since college, at least according to this blog of NBA fines and suspensions.

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/fines.html

Yes, I went there.

I guess we now know why he takes all those playoff losses so calmly.

I'd prefer that than getting suspended a game in the middle of a playoff series.  Season is 82 games, playoff series is 4-7.  Why get carried away during 1 game out of 82? Losing your cool doesn't help the cause in either situation.

Obviously you would. I'll go with the guy that plays through a dislocated elbow to win, even if he loses his cool on occasion.

The Chris Paul conundrum. He hasn't been successful enough in the playoffs to lose as many games as Rondo. He certainly loses a much higher percentage of his games than Rondo, so you can see that the effort's there. Just not the wins.