Author Topic: Rondo suspension thread..  (Read 28397 times)

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2012, 10:44:22 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Here is what I don't get. Rajon Rondo 100 percent initiates an altercation that ends up in the stands putting fans, and in one case a little kid in harms way, and it seems there are many on this blog who don't think Rondo deserves a suspension. This thing ended up in the crowd and some people could have really gotten hurt. What am I missing?

Ya, come to think of it - you're 100% right, Vinnie

Old School Basketball maybe?

Clearly two different eras.

I'm not coming at the alter of justice, pleading you to think of the children; I'm just saying based on the actions he took in the modern NBA that a lengthy suspension should be expected.

Well if Bynums near decapitation of a prone and miniscule JJ Barea got him seven games then it should be a lot less than that. Two MAX.

I'll bet you a handsome sum it's more than two.

Personally, I think Bynum's is MUCH worse. But the NBA is a business, and they clearly have a problem with altercations ending up in the stands.

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Here is what I don't get. Rajon Rondo 100 percent initiates an altercation that ends up in the stands putting fans, and in one case a little kid in harms way, and it seems there are many on this blog who don't think Rondo deserves a suspension. This thing ended up in the crowd and some people could have really gotten hurt. What am I missing?

I'm not coming at the alter of justice, pleading you to think of the children; I'm just saying based on the actions he took in the modern NBA that a lengthy suspension should be expected.

Well if Bynums near decapitation of a prone and miniscule JJ Barea got him seven games then it should be a lot less than that. Two MAX.

That was on the court. The rules change the minute any kind of alteration gets in among the crowd.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2012, 10:49:25 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Jackie M. ripping Rondo for his immaturity and lack of control and ripping the team big time on WEEI right now.

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2012, 10:51:50 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Jackie M. ripping Rondo for his immaturity and lack of control and ripping the team big time on WEEI right now.

I respect Jackie immensely, but I don't think Rondo lost control at all.  I think he did exactly what he meant to do.  I don't think he expected it to end up in the stands the way it did though. 

I think Rondo thought he would push Kardashian, he would fight back, they would get a couple technicals, and it would be done.  But it got out of hand. 

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »

Offline contramundum

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 36

That was on the court. The rules change the minute any kind of alteration gets in among the crowd.

Then that suspension needs to be equal between both players, because it most certainly would not have ended up there if Mr. Kardashian hadn't grabbed Rajon's jersey.  And I know if I'm in a fight, a shirt grab is a prerequisite to a punch or being pulled to the ground. 

I think the media is blowing this thing out of proportion which will cause the suspension to be heavier.  When it happened, suspension didn't even cross my mind.  But that's what I get for being raised on 80's Celtics basketball.  I think three games is realistic, but still excessive. 

I'm really worried about this game.

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I'd say one, but because it went into the fans, there's a good chance he'll get two.
I don't think Rondo punched Humphries; it was more of a 'double-stiff-wristed-open-handed' slap to the face.

I think Gerald Wallace needs to be suspended longer, though.  He just jumped right into it and attacked KG, who had done nothing at that point.  KG didn't even fight back, he was just trying to grab Rondo.  Same for Pierce, but Reggie Evans was grabbing him.  I don't think Evans should get in trouble, but Wallace pulled an absolute bush league move on KG.  Disgusting

That's actually a great point.  It going into the fans may play a factor in a suspension decision.  I'm still sticking with 0 or 1, but excellent point.

I think the Brawl at the Palace back in '04 wouldn't have been as bad had it not escalated any further than Artest and Wallace shoving each other; however, in that case, a fan really started it with Artest by throwing that soda at him.

Heck, remember when KG elbowed Q-Rich back in '10 against the Heat?  That was right in front of the fans, too.  Now, KG deserved that one, but still, the safety of the fans is a critical part when the league reviews scruffs like these.

Safety of the fans? The most dangerous thing that can happen is losing their soda and fries.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2012, 11:00:49 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'd say one, but because it went into the fans, there's a good chance he'll get two.
I don't think Rondo punched Humphries; it was more of a 'double-stiff-wristed-open-handed' slap to the face.

I think Gerald Wallace needs to be suspended longer, though.  He just jumped right into it and attacked KG, who had done nothing at that point.  KG didn't even fight back, he was just trying to grab Rondo.  Same for Pierce, but Reggie Evans was grabbing him.  I don't think Evans should get in trouble, but Wallace pulled an absolute bush league move on KG.  Disgusting

That's actually a great point.  It going into the fans may play a factor in a suspension decision.  I'm still sticking with 0 or 1, but excellent point.

I think the Brawl at the Palace back in '04 wouldn't have been as bad had it not escalated any further than Artest and Wallace shoving each other; however, in that case, a fan really started it with Artest by throwing that soda at him.

Heck, remember when KG elbowed Q-Rich back in '10 against the Heat?  That was right in front of the fans, too.  Now, KG deserved that one, but still, the safety of the fans is a critical part when the league reviews scruffs like these.

Safety of the fans? The most dangerous thing that can happen is losing their soda and fries.

That's like 47 dollars worth of food gone to waste!

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Shes a rondo detractor....period. has been for a while. Shes one of those he plays with 3 hall of fakers doesn't count kinds frauds...shes clueless nowadays if you ask me

As if her hero bird didn't engage in shoving matches...waaaaaaah here's a tissue Jackie you've gone soft

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

How do you figure?  When 200 pound guys are pushing and shoving and falling down, how is there not a potential of physical danger to fans?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Shes a rondo detractor....period.

As if her hero bird didn't engage in shoving matches

To quote Bill Belichick, "Do business as business is being done."

Shoving was ok in Birds day, its not anymore therefor the bird thing doesnt really hold too much water with me. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Shes a rondo detractor....period.

As if her hero bird didn't engage in shoving matches

To quote Bill Belichick, "Do business as business is being done."

Shoving was ok in Birds day, its not anymore therefor the bird thing doesnt really hold too much water with me.

Agreed actually just she needs to get off her moral high horse..pleeeease. he made a mistake...shes a rondo detractor and rondo detractors couldn't be more pleased with this oppurtunity to jump all over him and call him immature

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2012, 11:07:26 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Shes a rondo detractor....period. has been for a while. Shes one of those he plays with 3 hall of fakers doesn't count kinds frauds...shes clueless nowadays if you ask me

As if her hero bird didn't engage in shoving matches...waaaaaaah here's a tissue Jackie you've gone soft

Actually, I thought her piece on Rondo last year was actually defending him quite a bit, while still being honest about his quirks. 

« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »

Offline contramundum

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 36

How do you figure?  When 200 pound guys are pushing and shoving and falling down, how is there not a potential of physical danger to fans?

Again, someone tell me how that is any different that diving into the stands for a loose ball?  I think if you sit court side, there is some personal responsibility involved.  Take care of yourself and be aware and ready to take care of someone a little more fragile if need be.  Fighting, hustle plays, tripping, heck - even a ball can mess up a fan.  Of course if you get hit by a ball, Kevin Durant might come and give you a kiss.

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2012, 11:10:38 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I'll bet you a handsome sum it's more than two.

Personally, I think Bynum's is MUCH worse. But the NBA is a business, and they clearly have a problem with altercations ending up in the stands.

I agree on both counts. Bynums shot being a heck of a lot worse. And the fact most likely it will be more than two games. I don't think thats right however. One or two is more deserved.

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Again, someone tell me how that is any different that diving into the stands for a loose ball?  I think if you sit court side, there is some personal responsibility involved.  Take care of yourself and be aware and ready to take care of someone a little more fragile if need be.  Fighting, hustle plays, tripping, heck - even a ball can mess up a fan.  Of course if you get hit by a ball, Kevin Durant might come and give you a kiss.

Its different because its not part of the game.  And frankly, that is where the courts would have an issue.  Fans take on the risk of players going into the stands as part of the game, they don't take on the risk of players going into the stands to fight.  If someone gets hurt, that presents a HUGE liability for the league.