Author Topic: Rondo suspension thread..  (Read 28420 times)

Rondo suspension thread..
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
so, I think its pretty obvious the league will throw down suspensions for what happened in tonights game. what do you think he will get?

Im going to say 2-3 games for Rondo..

Re: Rondo suspension thread..
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Ugh, I hate being a Celtics fan. Not because I hate, I love this team but I get tired of the way other fans pick and choose which players they wanna support and when.

First off, I'm bummed Rondo's streak is over. It represented some of the most CONSISTENT ball he's played over his career. And what's been one of the biggest gripes against Rondo over his career? Oh yeah, inconsistency. I see a lot of people saying Rondo's streak was a distraction. In all honesty, I welcome the distraction from the mediocre defense this team has played this season. The streak was a bright a spot.

The tussle tonight (it was not a brawl) is going to be majorly blown out of proportion. When I watched the Humphries/KG play in real time, it really looked a lot worse than it was and I was livid. The whole fight looked a lot worse than it was. These players don't have the benefit of constant replay to figure out what happened. Am I mad Rondo didn't keep his cool and not react? Absolutely. But it initially looked like KG got hit and I would've been a lot more upset if nobody defended him. Rondo gave Humphries a push (which does happen a lot in basketball) but then in my opinion tries to go help KG up but get Humphries grabbed his arm sleeve and the pushing match broke it. No punches were thrown from either side in my opinion and I think both ejections for Rondo and Humphries was an overreaction.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the C's coming out and playing with more fire in the 2nd half.

EDIT: this was supposed to be a response to the game thread... Not quite sure how I ended here. (Darn cell phones)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:11:43 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:05:48 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Don't really see what he did as worthy of an additional suspension.  The ejection was warranted, but I think it should be left at that.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just a short clip for now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nnds06df3A

I think another game is appropriate.  It's the shove into the face that does it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He'll get a game I think.  No punches, just a couple shoves to the upper chest and chin.  But bad enough that they'll want to do something.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Look out for the media blowing it out of proportion. Rondo also has a history. A big number 5-10 games would be my guess.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:12:35 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
0 games. Got ejected. That was punishment enough. No suspensions from the league.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Look out for the media blowing it out of proportion. Rondo also has a history. A big number 5-10 games would be my guess.

If Rondo gets a 5 game suspension I'll eat my hat.  Artest got 7 for elbowing Harden in the face, and Rondo's history has nothing on him.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 09:22:28 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Chris Paul hasn't been suspended since college, at least according to this blog of NBA fines and suspensions.

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/fines.html

Yes, I went there.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »

Offline Celticsdiva

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Celtics fan from Brooklyn NY
No suspension!

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

5-10 games? Stop it.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 09:24:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Chris Paul hasn't been suspended since college, at least according to this blog of NBA fines and suspensions.

Yes, I went there.

Yeah but he punched a guy in the junk to get that college suspension, so that counts extra.   ;D

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

5-10 games? Stop it.

Yeah, you typically have to do something pretty severe for a 5-10 game suspension. That'd be about a $1 million loss for Rondo.  It'd have to be pretty bad.

The NBA wants its sport to be family entertainment and thus tries to discourage such behavior, but the league in no way benefits from a star player pointlessly sitting out games.  I think one game gets the point across.  Maybe zero.  No more than 1.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

Yes, I went there.

Yeah but he punched a guy in the junk to get that college suspension, so that counts extra.   ;D

Ha!  Great post.  Thanks for bringing some levity to an otherwise disappointing situation. You, my friend, have earned a TP.

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Honestly, what in that skirmish warrants a suspension for anyone on either team? The closest to a suspension is Wallace and he got ejected so that pretty much took care of that. There was nothing there that seemed suspension worthy for anyone.