Author Topic: NOH & BOS Get Er done on the Dec. 16  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Eddie20

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 147
Re: NOH & BOS Get Er done on the Dec. 16
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:54 PM »
I approve this trade because of Kris Joseph promising upside. I think he is our next superstar Paul Pierce.

No.

Sadly, I don't see it. Soon to be 24 year old rookie 2nd rd draft picks don't often materialize into superstars. He has a good chance of being the next Rasual Butler though.

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 343
  • DKC Commish
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
I approve this trade because of Kris Joseph promising upside. I think he is our next superstar Paul Pierce.

No.

Sadly, I don't see it. Soon to be 24 year old rookie 2nd rd draft picks don't often materialize into superstars. He has a good chance of being the next Rasual Butler though.

He's 24?? Wow...
DKC League Chicago Bulls - co-Commissioner
Avery Bradley, Wes Matthews, Nicolas Batum, Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah
Greivis Vasquez, Jerryd Bayless, Jimmy Butler, Ed Davis, Joel Freeland
[Derrick Rose]

2014 Pick 2 Indiana Pacers - Commissioner
2013 CB Draft Cleveland Cavs - Eastern Conference Champs!

Offline diconzo

• Brandon Bass
  • Tommy Points: 29
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 05:05:57 PM »
Bass+Lee for Anderson+Smith would work. And at the point we could trade both of them, Bradley would be back and Lee is looking more and more like the odd man out (Barbosa has been lights out)

Offline ronaldo943

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 447
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 05:11:17 PM »
Bass+Lee for Anderson+Smith would work. And at the point we could trade both of them, Bradley would be back and Lee is looking more and more like the odd man out (Barbosa has been lights out)

This
DKC SPURS
Tony Parker/Nate Robinson/Cory Joseph
Randy Foye/Jeremy Lamb
Shawn Marion/Vince Carter
Tim Duncan/JJ Hickson/J. O'Neal
Brook Lopez/Tiago Splitter

Offline twistedrico14

• Gerald Wallace
  • Tommy Points: 8
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »
Bad Trade for the Celtics. Everyone that is bagging on Jeff Green is gonna eat their words.

LEHGOCELTICS

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »
Bad Trade for the Celtics. Everyone that is bagging on Jeff Green is gonna eat their words.

Not really, you get a proven player in Anderson who can stretch the floor and can actually put the ball in the basket, unlike Green. The amount of emotional investment some of you guys on these boards have to these underwhelming players is just  ::). You need to be callous at times to succeed as a GM in this league, you can't be so emotionally attached non-stop.

Offline LarBrd33

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 559
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »
I thought this would be an eric gordon thread... his injury is very fishy

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 741
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 12:00:58 AM »

Not really, you get a proven player in Anderson who can stretch the floor and can actually put the ball in the basket, unlike Green. The amount of emotional investment some of you guys on these boards have to these underwhelming players is just  ::). You need to be callous at times to succeed as a GM in this league, you can't be so emotionally attached non-stop.

Green plays better defense than Anderson. Sure, Jeff is really struggling right now, but we will new his defense come playoff  time.

Besides it'll take more than those to land Anderson.
#KEEPHUMP
DKC Golden State We Warriors
http://tinyurl.com/n8py37p
Pick 2: PHX Suns
Jrue Holiday, Dragic, Gay, Te. Jones, Bogut, Draymond, Amar'e, AK47, Mayo, Marcus Thornton, Jason Smith

Offline ozman

• Gerald Wallace
  • Tommy Points: 19
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:18 AM »
the only way we trade green is if we take back an even worse contract( um tyrus thomas?) bcoz for other teams it makes no sense. maybe if jeff starts playing more consistently he will have trade value, but then why would we even trade him?

I'm still a believer of this roster.

Offline KGs Knee

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 582
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »
I don't for the life of me understand where all these "get Jason Smith" threads are coming from.

JASON SMITH IS A SCRUB!
DKC Los Angeles Lakers
GM: Micheal Corleone
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski
Roster

Offline raynman

• Jeff Green
  • Tommy Points: 55
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:45 AM »
Throw in Aminu and C.Lee and it's a fine deal!

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Antoine Walker
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 05:31:15 AM »
I don't for the life of me understand where all these "get Jason Smith" threads are coming from.

JASON SMITH IS A SCRUB!

I disagree.

Jason Smith a very good role player. Plays within himself. Plays tough defense inside. He is mobile for a 7 footer and also physical, which means you can play him at either the 4 or the 5. While hes no a good shot blocker, its not for lack of effort. he challenges shots an challenge hard. Real physical guy. Runs the floor well on both sides (ask Blake Griffin how he runs the floor).

He is a decent mid range shoote (from up to 18 feet) and a good finisher with good hands, making a perfect pick an pop/roll guy. He is struggling with shooting % right now though, that I will give you.

He's all effort. Think of him as Brandon Bass, slower but taller. He's not a scrub, and he should be with the Celtics. I've been watching him since last year and I know for a fact that he's the perfect role player big off the bench for us.

Yep, I'm driving the Jason Smith bandwagon.

#KEEPHUMP
Jrue Holiday, Dragic, Gay, Te. Jones, Bogut, Draymond, Amar'e, AK47, Mayo, Marcus Thornton, Jason Smith

Offline Who

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 1212
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 06:26:57 AM »

JASON SMITH IS A SCRUB!

[dang] straight -- he is a third string PF/C. Not a solution to anything.

Offline nostar

• Brandon Bass
  • Tommy Points: 49
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 06:46:05 AM »
Jason Smith a very good role player. Plays within himself. Plays tough defense inside. He is mobile for a 7 footer and also physical, which means you can play him at either the 4 or the 5. While hes no a good shot blocker, its not for lack of effort. he challenges shots an challenge hard. Real physical guy. Runs the floor well on both sides (ask Blake Griffin how he runs the floor).

He is a decent mid range shoote (from up to 18 feet) and a good finisher with good hands, making a perfect pick an pop/roll guy. He is struggling with shooting % right now though, that I will give you.

He's all effort. Think of him as Brandon Bass, slower but taller. He's not a scrub, and he should be with the Celtics. I've been watching him since last year and I know for a fact that he's the perfect role player big off the bench for us.

B-U-T  D-O-C  W-I-L-L  N-O-T  P-L-A-Y  H-I-M

I can say that I saw a fair amount of Jason Collins tonight. 11 minutes up from...zero minutes!

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Antoine Walker
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 07:59:46 AM »

B-U-T  D-O-C  W-I-L-L  N-O-T  P-L-A-Y  H-I-M

I can say that I saw a fair amount of Jason Collins tonight. 11 minutes up from...zero minutes!

Well, that's our problem, i guess.
#KEEPHUMP

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog