Author Topic: NOH & BOS Get Er done on the Dec. 16  (Read 7674 times)

Re: NOH & BOS Get Er done on the Dec. 16
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:54 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I approve this trade because of Kris Joseph promising upside. I think he is our next superstar Paul Pierce.

No.

Sadly, I don't see it. Soon to be 24 year old rookie 2nd rd draft picks don't often materialize into superstars. He has a good chance of being the next Rasual Butler though.

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I approve this trade because of Kris Joseph promising upside. I think he is our next superstar Paul Pierce.

No.

Sadly, I don't see it. Soon to be 24 year old rookie 2nd rd draft picks don't often materialize into superstars. He has a good chance of being the next Rasual Butler though.

He's 24?? Wow...

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 05:05:57 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Bass+Lee for Anderson+Smith would work. And at the point we could trade both of them, Bradley would be back and Lee is looking more and more like the odd man out (Barbosa has been lights out)

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 05:11:17 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Bass+Lee for Anderson+Smith would work. And at the point we could trade both of them, Bradley would be back and Lee is looking more and more like the odd man out (Barbosa has been lights out)

This

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Bad Trade for the Celtics. Everyone that is bagging on Jeff Green is gonna eat their words.

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Bad Trade for the Celtics. Everyone that is bagging on Jeff Green is gonna eat their words.

Not really, you get a proven player in Anderson who can stretch the floor and can actually put the ball in the basket, unlike Green. The amount of emotional investment some of you guys on these boards have to these underwhelming players is just  ::). You need to be callous at times to succeed as a GM in this league, you can't be so emotionally attached non-stop.

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I thought this would be an eric gordon thread... his injury is very fishy

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 12:00:58 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Not really, you get a proven player in Anderson who can stretch the floor and can actually put the ball in the basket, unlike Green. The amount of emotional investment some of you guys on these boards have to these underwhelming players is just  ::). You need to be callous at times to succeed as a GM in this league, you can't be so emotionally attached non-stop.

Green plays better defense than Anderson. Sure, Jeff is really struggling right now, but we will new his defense come playoff  time.

Besides it'll take more than those to land Anderson.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:18 AM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
the only way we trade green is if we take back an even worse contract( um tyrus thomas?) bcoz for other teams it makes no sense. maybe if jeff starts playing more consistently he will have trade value, but then why would we even trade him?

I'm still a believer of this roster.

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't for the life of me understand where all these "get Jason Smith" threads are coming from.

JASON SMITH IS A SCRUB!

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:45 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Throw in Aminu and C.Lee and it's a fine deal!

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 05:31:15 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't for the life of me understand where all these "get Jason Smith" threads are coming from.

JASON SMITH IS A SCRUB!

I disagree.

Jason Smith a very good role player. Plays within himself. Plays tough defense inside. He is mobile for a 7 footer and also physical, which means you can play him at either the 4 or the 5. While hes no a good shot blocker, its not for lack of effort. he challenges shots an challenge hard. Real physical guy. Runs the floor well on both sides (ask Blake Griffin how he runs the floor).

He is a decent mid range shoote (from up to 18 feet) and a good finisher with good hands, making a perfect pick an pop/roll guy. He is struggling with shooting % right now though, that I will give you.

He's all effort. Think of him as Brandon Bass, slower but taller. He's not a scrub, and he should be with the Celtics. I've been watching him since last year and I know for a fact that he's the perfect role player big off the bench for us.

Yep, I'm driving the Jason Smith bandwagon.

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 06:26:57 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

JASON SMITH IS A SCRUB!

[dang] straight -- he is a third string PF/C. Not a solution to anything.

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 06:46:05 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Jason Smith a very good role player. Plays within himself. Plays tough defense inside. He is mobile for a 7 footer and also physical, which means you can play him at either the 4 or the 5. While hes no a good shot blocker, its not for lack of effort. he challenges shots an challenge hard. Real physical guy. Runs the floor well on both sides (ask Blake Griffin how he runs the floor).

He is a decent mid range shoote (from up to 18 feet) and a good finisher with good hands, making a perfect pick an pop/roll guy. He is struggling with shooting % right now though, that I will give you.

He's all effort. Think of him as Brandon Bass, slower but taller. He's not a scrub, and he should be with the Celtics. I've been watching him since last year and I know for a fact that he's the perfect role player big off the bench for us.

B-U-T  D-O-C  W-I-L-L  N-O-T  P-L-A-Y  H-I-M

I can say that I saw a fair amount of Jason Collins tonight. 11 minutes up from...zero minutes!

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 07:59:46 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

B-U-T  D-O-C  W-I-L-L  N-O-T  P-L-A-Y  H-I-M

I can say that I saw a fair amount of Jason Collins tonight. 11 minutes up from...zero minutes!

Well, that's our problem, i guess.