Author Topic: Pros and Cons of trading Paul for Pau  (Read 7404 times)

Re: Pros and Cons of trading Paul for Pau
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 08:45:05 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Not quite sure I am seeing where this rivalry stuff is coming from with the Lakers.

I think it's more of a wives tale than anything else. Maybe back in the 80s it was a rivalry but not now.

Speak for yourself, you don't speak for me.  I hate the Lakers because I lived through the 80's.   I still sometimes wish a quake would just kill the Lakers.

Kids these days...

I also still hate the Lakers. TP for maintaning the rage, comforting to see I'm not alone after all these years.
you know the funny thing is I to lived through the 80's and the laker rivalry
i hated kareem, byron scott and pat riley but most the rest of team i respected, magic was a joy to watch if he wore a gray uniform, rambis was a celtic he just didn't realize it, coop=posey

Yes, I'm sure they're all great guys and I wouldn't turn down having a beer with most of them, but I still hate the Lakers.

The rivalry isn't confined to the eighties either; lest we forget 2008 ;D & 2010 >:(.

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 08:56:53 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
my god sorry

Delete this post in a honest mistake

Edgar
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:04:49 AM by Edgar »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 09:40:22 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I see just a couple of cons here...

... his left knee, and his right knee.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Not quite sure I am seeing where this rivalry stuff is coming from with the Lakers.

I think it's more of a wives tale than anything else. Maybe back in the 80s it was a rivalry but not now.

Speak for yourself, you don't speak for me.  I hate the Lakers because I lived through the 80's.   I still sometimes wish a quake would just kill the Lakers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA LITERALLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD AT YOUR POST LOLOLOL

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2012, 11:55:50 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Stop talking about this. We have tons of wings and PFs, one legit PG and C. The difference is that our center can't play 40 minutes a night like our PG can. So we have to get someone to help him.

Danny did the best he could to find a big but he just didn't get it done. He found a lot of wing players (Terry/Lee/Barbosa/Green/K-Jo) and a few PFs (Sully/Wilcox/Bass) but that isn't what we need right now. Our best lineup was with a dominant center to play beside KG. I would have given my 2009 Corolla S away to see Shaq healthy throughout the 10-11' season and playoffs. We would have had 18 then and there. It just didn't materialize.

Pau is a dominant big man and while I agree he's on the down side of his career I don't think he's done. He's only 32! He's played 13 seasons, many without playoffs in Memphis. Also for a big man he's been ridiculously durable. I think all of the doubts about him being finished are way overblown. He wasn't even ruling out the 2016 Olympics. He certainly doesn't think he's done.

I think with what the Lakers are getting offered we could make a compelling offer to them. Something like:

Gasol/Clark
for
Green/Bass/Lee

It depletes our bench, but honestly they haven't been lighting it up. We'd still have Barbosa/Terry/Sully/Wilcox. It would also make some room for Melo and Joseph to get playing time.

For the lakers they get a better team. They aren't playing twin-towers anymore under D'Antoni. They need fast-breaking wings and athletic guys to carry that offense when Kobe isn't hoisting 30 shots per game.

This trade depends completely on how good you think Jeff Green is and Danny seems to think he's pretty good. I'm not willing to trade Pierce to the Lakers right now. Maybe next year as an expiring along with a young guy he could land us an unhappy star. I don't think trading Piece makes us better this year. However I do think think trading our depth for skill is worth it.

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
If the Cs wanted to get Gasol, it would be to make a strong run the next two years with Pierce. Adding Gasol without a go to wing isn't a championship team. Green, Bass, and Lee for Gasol helps both teams.  Bass is an athletic jump shooting PF that plays well with D Ho, and Green and Lee are perfect D'Antoni players.  Green could even play some 4 next to Howard. 

Could Rondo, AB, PP, Gasol, KG, with JET, Sully Wilcox, FA wing, and Barbosa win a title?  Yes.