Author Topic: Anybody still want Ersan Illyasova?  (Read 6988 times)

Re: Anybody still want Ersan Illyasova?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 08:51:57 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
So a tweener forward who had one solid year and got paid a fortune isn't living up to the hype?  Shocking!

These athletic 3/4s are quietly sneaking up on centers in the category of overpaid disappointments.  Green, Ilyasova, Gerald Wallace, Marvin Williams, Tyrus Thomas, Andre Kirilenko (his last contract), Thaddeus Young, etc.

Ilyasova is not athletic. He's just a stretch 4 who rebounded over his head in a contract year.

OK, he's mobile :)

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 08:52:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Ftr, if we could trade Green and Bass for Dunleavy and Illy, Id be all kinds of super pumped. I'd even throw in a first.
really?  I'd be all kinds of p---ed-off if that happened.

2 functional players that can play decent team D and can score going out and we get 2 injury-prone players that may be able to score as well as the ones we're sending out but play far inferior D?  no thanks

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 09:43:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Ftr, if we could trade Green and Bass for Dunleavy and Illy, Id be all kinds of super pumped. I'd even throw in a first.
really?  I'd be all kinds of p---ed-off if that happened.

2 functional players that can play decent team D and can score going out and we get 2 injury-prone players that may be able to score as well as the ones we're sending out but play far inferior D?  no thanks

Yeah I would not be happy with Dunleavy and EI over Green and Bass. We take away Bass and Green and we loose a ton of athleticism. Our offense has been darn good this season, its our defense that needs to come together. Counting on Dunleavy and EI for defense would be atrocious.

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 07:03:40 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Makes the Green contract a little more easier to take....heck, the way Jeff is playing, that contract is looking better and better (in a relative sense  :)). 

Clearly, Ersan has joined the ranks of the over-paid....