Author Topic: Am I the Only One Worried About the Nets/Knicks?  (Read 2260 times)

Am I the Only One Worried About the Nets/Knicks?
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:31:28 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Just watching the game right now on TNT and boy both rosters are stacked.

Both teams are also better than I thought they were going to be. The Knicks have size (Chandler, Sheed, Camby) and scoring (Melo, Novak, Smith and Kidd.)

Ditto for the Nets on size with Lopez, Humphries, Evans and Blatche and scoring with Deron, Johnson and CJ Watson.

For all this talk of measuring up with Miami, I sure hope we can win our division. The Knicks and Nets are NOT going to be easy to beat.

This is also a further concern as Doc is clearly obsessed with "small ball" while both NY teams are stacked with size.

Re: Am I the Only One Worried About the Nets/Knicks?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Not worried about either team at all

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
After the C's almost beat the Nets in Brooklyn without Rondo? Not really. I'll wait until the Celtics play the Knicks to say whether or not I'm scared of them.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Just watching the game right now on TNT and boy both rosters are stacked.

Both teams are also better than I thought they were going to be. The Knicks have size (Chandler, Sheed, Camby) and scoring (Melo, Felton, Novak, Smith and Kidd.)

Ditto for the Nets on size with Lopez, Humphries, Evans and Blatche and scoring with Deron, Johnson and CJ Watson.

For all this talk of measuring up with Miami, I sure hope we can win our division. The Knicks and Nets are NOT going to be easy to beat.

This is also a further concern as Doc is clearly obsessed with "small ball" while both NY teams are stacked with size.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The Knicks don't have anyone who can come close to matching up with Rondo and the Nets outside of Deron Williams don't have anyone that scares me

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Only team in the east im worried about is the heat.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 08:51:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm more excited about it than worried, to be honest.  I love that the Atlantic looks to be one of the toughest divisions in basketball this year.  It's too bad about Bynum and the Sixers, though.  Even so, I think Philly will still be pretty good.

I would love to see four playoff teams from the division. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'm watching the game too and the Knicks look more polished and have Anthony.  Announcers talking about Amare coming off the bench when he returns.

The Nets have a lot of interesting pieces but not sure they at meshing yet.  Joe Johnson is invisible in this offense.  Nets will be better but are still a work in progress. 

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Brook lopez has been very good for them. one of the best centers in the east

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 09:33:08 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I just tuned in and it's looking like a great game. IMO, any who doesn't think we should be worried is foolish. We've yet to see anything from our team to think that we can just overlook these guys. They're both better than the Sixers team that took us to 7 last year.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 09:46:41 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
I am not worried at all about the Knicks because I feel so confident that Amare is gonna screw any rhythm, flow, or chemistry the knicks currently have at the moment.

Also, The C's always tend to play at the level of competition, so I'm not worried.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I just tuned in and it's looking like a great game. IMO, any who doesn't think we should be worried is foolish. We've yet to see anything from our team to think that we can just overlook these guys. They're both better than the Sixers team that took us to 7 last year.

Who's overlooking anyone?  I'm worried about a lot of teams out there (particularly on the nights when we are playing them), but mostly I'm worried about the Celtics.  I'm certainly not sitting around biting my nails over the Nets and Knicks. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Thank you! 100% right.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If the playoffs started today we'd be the 8th seed.  Probably wouldn't get out of the first round.  Right now you should be worried about everyone... our team isn't very good.

No need to panic, though.  If we're this mediocre come late February, then we have a problem.  Luckily we have assets that we might be able to trade. 

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
If the playoffs started today we'd be the 8th seed.  Probably wouldn't get out of the first round.  Right now you should be worried about everyone... our team isn't very good.

No need to panic, though.  If we're this mediocre come late February, then we have a problem.  Luckily we have assets that we might be able to trade.

We're actually currently seventh.  Interestingly enough, the Nets are sitting in second place.  So, if the playoffs started today, we'd be playing them.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's match up.  Regardless of what happens Wednesday, I like us in a seven game series against the current Basketball Kings of New York. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers: