Author Topic: Some Thoughts...  (Read 1876 times)

Some Thoughts...
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:39:17 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Why did Greg Steisma leave a championship contender team with a significant role, only to go sit at the end of the bench of a eventual under .500 team & make more money.  ??? reminds me of James Posey.

How could the Celtics acquire Ryan Anderson like yesterday. He is a PERFECT fit for this club, especially picking & poppin with Rondo. Rondo did that well with Raheed Wallace, its just that Rasheed couldn't make a shot. Ryan is also a very good rebounder. Was ranked #1 I believe last year in offensive boards. He was also most improved player of the year on a championship contender, & now he's on a non contender doing the exact same but better.

Re: Some Thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:45:08 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Three words : MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It just shows how weak the Celtics big men (especially C) is after KG.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 08:22:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It's a career, I don't blame him for cashing out.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
It's a career, I don't blame him for cashing out.

Yup.  He is already 27 years old, has barely made any money (by NBA standards) so far, and as a borderline rotation quality player, he is a knee injury away from washing out of the league.  He needs to take the payday while he can get it.  This is the contract that will feed his family for the rest of his life, if he manages his money. 

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Everyone here would have done the same thing as Greg.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The Wolves really wanted him, and offered him a good contract, more than the Cs could pay. 

I don't fault Greg at all.  As a matter of fact, I'm happy for him, and am rooting for him to do well. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 01:42:12 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Why did Greg Steisma leave a championship contender team with a significant role, only to go sit at the end of the bench of a eventual under .500 team & make more money.  ??? reminds me of James Posey.

As several already have noted, Greg hasn't got a lot of years to make his money in the NBA. He makes about twice as much with the Timberwolves as he could with the Celtics. Good for him, I say.
Right now he averages nearly the same minutes as he did with the Celtics. And as with the Celtics his playing time will depend on injuries (his own and others).
The Timberwolves should be a playoff team this year.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

The Timberwolves should be a playoff team this year.

I think there are also a lot of people that would argue that the Wolves could be the better team over the life of his contract, if they continue to improve.  Its not like he went to the Wizards.  The Wolves have playoff aspirations, and with a few tweaks could be a very dangerous team. 

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Addition by subtraction honestly. Ryan Hollins was a much better player for us than Stiemmer. He like all other bigs that have played next to KG reaped the benefit. The very least he should send Garnett a Thank you letter. I could only imagine type of challenge it was trying to make a stiff 7 footer into a contributor.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Money and closer to home. I woulda done the same thing. And I dont really miss him to be honest. Wilcox is a much better back up center.

And as far as the Ryan Anderson thing goes. Oye, no, please. We dont need a 5th power forward behind bass sully green and kg

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Also...Stiemer is from that area.  If anyone here was offered 3 times as much money to move back home closer to family, 99% of them would.  The other 1% are orphans.