Author Topic: Vintage Tommy fires up about Rondo, Owns Tanguay in process.  (Read 7234 times)

Vintage Tommy fires up about Rondo, Owns Tanguay in process.
« on: November 26, 2012, 01:24:24 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Some of you commented on this in the game thread but I thought it deserved a thread of its own. I just love watching tanguay squirm.

Link Below.

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Heinsohn-fires-back-at-Rondo-detractors?blockID=806107&feedID=10602

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: Vintage Tommy fires up about Rondo, Owns Tanguay in process.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:35:37 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
everyone loves downplaying rondo's ability. first it was "but he plays with 3 hall of famers" now its "oh anyone can do it"

then why hasnt anyone done it yet? oh, cuz its extremely difficult.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 02:36:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Good for Tommy.

Rondo is turning into a superstar in this league. A very rare type of superstar. A superstar that controls and dictates the game by running an offense and involving every other player in the team in the offensive flow and getting his team mates the best chance to succeed on the court as individuals and as a team. His passing on a night in and night out basis is something that hasn't been seen in the league since Stockton and Magic.

Because of Bradley's injury, he is once again in charge of taking the major responsibility of on the ball pressure and attempting to initialize the team's defense while simultaneously running the offense. This is an exhaustive thing to do night in and night out. Add to that he is playing half his minutes with players that are still unsure of themselves in the offense, missing defensive assignments, have a lack of confidence with the system or are just playing passively and the fact this streak has endured and that the Celtics are still playing winning ball only goes to show what a spectacular player Rajon Rondo really is.

As Tommy said in that piece, if you griping about the streak, you are just a Rondo detractor and have been criticizing him from day one because you've probably been spouting off about all the things he can't do perfectly instead of focusing on all the things he does unbelievably well.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 02:36:57 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
Tommy is so awesome.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 03:00:30 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
If there is something that can drive rondo to attack the other team's D night in and night out, it can only be a good thing.

And if he ends up toppling the record of a legend in the process then it is all good by me.

We still havent seen "Beast Rondo" be unleashed this year, but he is definitely playing great, consistent ball at the moment.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 03:04:05 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
i love how rondo can switch on to beast mode. He preserves beast mode for the playoffs for the most part.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 06:22:41 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I really don't like him fishing for assists though. It's going to cost us a game eventually.

That crap where he tried to hand it back to Bass when he had an open lay up was just pure garbage.
He had 10 assists, why mess around with crap like that.
And don't say that he was trying to get Bass involved- he was trying to get another assist.

The stat padding is bogus.
I just can't wait till this streak is over because he's giving up many easy shots.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 06:23:35 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Good for Tommy.

Rondo is turning into a superstar in this league. A very rare type of superstar. A superstar that controls and dictates the game by running an offense and involving every other player in the team in the offensive flow and getting his team mates the best chance to succeed on the court as individuals and as a team. His passing on a night in and night out basis is something that hasn't been seen in the league since Stockton and Magic.

Because of Bradley's injury, he is once again in charge of taking the major responsibility of on the ball pressure and attempting to initialize the team's defense while simultaneously running the offense. This is an exhaustive thing to do night in and night out. Add to that he is playing half his minutes with players that are still unsure of themselves in the offense, missing defensive assignments, have a lack of confidence with the system or are just playing passively and the fact this streak has endured and that the Celtics are still playing winning ball only goes to show what a spectacular player Rajon Rondo really is.

As Tommy said in that piece, if you griping about the streak, you are just a Rondo detractor and have been criticizing him from day one because you've probably been spouting off about all the things he can't do perfectly instead of focusing on all the things he does unbelievably well.
well said agree he's been amazing the only thing you could knock him on before was he can't hit a jumper well he's doing it now
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 06:39:41 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Can I give Tommy a Tommy Point? I don't know the rules about it
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 07:05:50 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
Can I give Tommy a Tommy Point? I don't know the rules about it

Rule #374 - Real life Tommy Points must only be given by Tommy or occasionally Gorman can suggest a Tommy Point for approval by Tommy.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 07:08:47 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
My only complaint with the streak is that it may be leading him to create more turnovers.  His Asst/T.O. ratio is still excellent though.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 07:12:08 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I feel bad when Tommy isn't with Gorman, Scal (lovin him) or even Donnie Wahlberg and has to be put with tanguay, donnie and don't even bring up felger.   As the Boston fan base is considered pretty intelligent why do we put up with tv "personalities" like that?

Anyone remember Tommy as a coach?  He  :-X out more basketball knowledge every morning than those guys put together.  I don't care if its against the rules, tp for tommy.

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 07:23:48 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'm pretty sure they were quick to put someone in Tommy's ear with a "PLEASE don't go off on him" before he really exploded  ;D

Yes, Tommy Heinsohn is a homer but at least he tells it like it is and he is totally right here. I mean, being good makes you bad?! Last time I checked, the NBA was a lot about breaking records, teamwise and personal. If that is the measuring stick, then all Magic's records and all Bird's records are worthless. Same with Jordan. Wilt. Russ. Stockton. The Queen. Kobe. Oscar. And so on and so forth... Rajon's already got games that can compare to the very finest in basketball. But if those games are worthless and useless, then the rest of those guys (and their biggest games) are, too.

Seriously: "GO HOME, PEOPLE!"

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Haters gonna hate.

Oh man, I can't wait to see how bad the haters gonna hate when Rondo passes Magic Johnson.  ;D

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 07:54:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Fire Donny!  Tanguay is a twit.   Good for Tommy!  Tommy point for Tommy!

Anyone who has assist records has good players with them as it is a two part stat really with a passer and shooter.  So the playing with hall of famers don't wash with me.  Magic had hall of famers and Stockton had a hall of famer.