Poll

Would you trade Avery Bradley to get Marcin Gortat if that is the only deal the Suns would accept?

Yes
40 (51.3%)
No
38 (48.7%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Gortat/Bradley merged thread. (the one and only)  (Read 19816 times)

Re: Gortat/Bradley merged thread. (the one and only)
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Because he gets a lot of steals, he plays the lanes very well, he's vocal, he's athletic, and don't dismiss the impact him rebounding the ball has on defensive perception. Rebounds is seen as a defensive skill.

If those are the criteria then what made him beat out Russell Westbrook, a guy who is FAR more athletic, averaged equal steals and rebounds while playing in every game (13 more than Rondo), is also vocal, and is even better than Thabo Sefolosha (a superior defender) at playing the lanes in a defensive system that focuses on such?

Why did Rondo receive 11 second team votes and 9 first team team votes and Westbrook only had 9 second and 1 first?

Why has Rondo been selected to 2 first teams and 2 second teams and Westbrook has never come close when he averages .3 more rebounds and .3 less assists (career) and is the most athletic PG in the league?

Who knows, I don't pay much attention to who was selected for an award to be able to judge a skillset of a player. For that matter, why was Lindsay Hunter never selected to one of these defensive teams?

« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2012, 12:40:22 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
For me, I first offer Bradley, filler and picks. Which will be denied. My second offer consists of Bradley, Bass, and picks. If the prefer Lee and Bass even better but I think Bradley will be a top a lot of GMs wishlists if they are dealing with the Celtics.

Your problem is that the players with contracts that can be used as filler are Terry, Lee, and Bass if you want to get someone back who has at last a MLE-sized contract.

I disagree about Sullinger having a higher ceiling than Bradley.  If you are saying that most GMs will value Bradley more than Sullinger, then I agree.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
No way would I be  trading Sully and AB for Gorhead.   Melo , Green , Lee  are fair game and very reluctantly Bass too  :-\ as some package deal.

This team NEEDS the youth and energy of AB and Sully to help Rondo, KG and PP defeat the HEAT. 

« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Because he gets a lot of steals, he plays the lanes very well, he's vocal, he's athletic, and don't dismiss the impact him rebounding the ball has on defensive perception. Rebounds is seen as a defensive skill.

If those are the criteria then what made him beat out Russell Westbrook, a guy who is FAR more athletic, averaged equal steals and rebounds while playing in every game (13 more than Rondo), is also vocal, and is even better than Thabo Sefolosha (a superior defender) at playing the lanes in a defensive system that focuses on such?

Why did Rondo receive 11 second team votes and 9 first team team votes and Westbrook only had 9 second and 1 first?

Why has Rondo been selected to 2 first teams and 2 second teams and Westbrook has never come close when he averages .3 more rebounds and .3 less assists (career) and is the most athletic PG in the league?

Who knows, I don't pay much attention to who was selected for an award to be able to judge a skillset of a player. For that matter, why was Lindsay Hunter never selected to one of these defensive teams?

When he was playing big(gish) minutes he wasn't a better defender than players like Payton, Kidd or Jordan?

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Is gortats trade value going down? With the recent struggle of gortat

« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Keep struggling, Marcin.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2012, 07:14:32 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Keep struggling, Marcin.

I hope so.