Author Topic: Less Obvious Big Man Targets  (Read 10656 times)

Re: Less Obvious Big Man Targets
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I still like Birdman better than any of these for that role. He was Denver's best defensive player last season.

I tend to think there's a pretty good reason that a guy like that is still unemployed at this point in the season, especially coming off a reasonably productive campaign the season before.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 12:11:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
For me Haywood would be the best option but he is unattainable this year. Drew Gooden is a name I like but he is more of a PF than a center.

Other than that, I dont think any of these guys would crack Docs rotation, so I would hate to trade away a Lee or a Bradley to have a center that is going to sit on our bench for the year.

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 12:13:05 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
A lot of people seem to think that we're set for depth at the 5 with kg/wilcox/collins. Which makes sense initially.

KG's minutes are limited and we NEED him fresh for the playoffs.

Wilcox is coming off of surgery and historically averages about 48 games a season.

We're suddenly very close to a lot of Collins against agile PF's at the 5 or playing Bass/Sullinger against 7 footers.

We need to pick up one more rotation quality big.

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 01:37:48 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Not listed: raid the Bucks roster.

There are 2 or 3 guys in MIL who could be valuable (and I don't mean Drew Gooden), and the Bucks are a team very much in limbo -- too many guys at the 4 and 5.

They need to thin out some young parts to make playing time for guys who could be core to their rebuilding.

I'd prefer Sanders to Udoh, but I'd happily take one of the in a value trade. One could also open it up to include the Fresh Prince -- say, LRMM and Sanders for Courtney Lee and cash / picks / Melo.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
A lot of people seem to think that we're set for depth at the 5 with kg/wilcox/collins. Which makes sense initially.

KG's minutes are limited and we NEED him fresh for the playoffs.

Wilcox is coming off of surgery and historically averages about 48 games a season.

We're suddenly very close to a lot of Collins against agile PF's at the 5 or playing Bass/Sullinger against 7 footers.

We need to pick up one more rotation quality big.

Yes, we need another guy who is 6'11'+, reasonably agile / athletic (i.e. not decrepit), a solid rebounder, and at least a factor as a shot-blocker. In this league, though, players who fit that description actually aren't that easy to come by, even total role players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Yes, we need another guy who is 6'11'+, reasonably agile / athletic (i.e. not decrepit), a solid rebounder, and at least a factor as a shot-blocker. In this league, though, players who fit that description actually aren't that easy to come by, even total role players.

How decrepit is Tony Battie?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Bandwagon is here you guys...

Jason Smith.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
While his contract might be a bit more than needed, why not greg steimsma back?
Good outside shooting, very good shot blocking and knows our system.

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 04:26:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
While his contract might be a bit more than needed, why not greg steimsma back?
Good outside shooting, very good shot blocking and knows our system.
I would be happy to do that.

Happy to trade Courtney Lee for Stiemsma if needed ... after Bradley returns and proves he is healthy.

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

There are 2 or 3 guys in MIL who could be valuable (and I don't mean Drew Gooden), and the Bucks are a team very much in limbo -- too many guys at the 4 and 5.

They need to thin out some young parts to make playing time for guys who could be core to their rebuilding.

I'd prefer Sanders to Udoh, but I'd happily take one of the in a value trade. One could also open it up to include the Fresh Prince -- say, LRMM and Sanders for Courtney Lee and cash / picks / Melo.

Heard someone here say the Bucks are really high on LRMM. They should be too.

Would not mind either Sanders or Udoh.

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 11:29:14 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Throw Fab Melo in the deep end i say. See if he can swim. or get Kenyon Martin for vet min. No trades at this time IMHO
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 01:26:46 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
gortat

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

I'd made a huge play for Sanders and LRMM. I make everyone short of Rondo/KG/PP available for that package. I'd even take on a bad contract to make it happen (obviously Gooden). Of course nothing before January 25th would be possible but something like:

Green/Bass/Sully/Melo
for
LRMM/Sanders/Gooden

I think the money adds up. They might have to take on one of our minimum contracts too if our 74.3M hard-cap gets in the way.

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 08:14:36 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
i'm feeling pretty stupid right now --> who is LRMM on the Bucks that has everyone drooling?

nevermind -- figured it out --> wasn't showing on this year's roster.  yeah, he'd be good to pick up on a reasonable deal

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 08:31:23 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

I'd made a huge play for Sanders and LRMM. I make everyone short of Rondo/KG/PP available for that package. I'd even take on a bad contract to make it happen (obviously Gooden). Of course nothing before January 25th would be possible but something like:

Green/Bass/Sully/Melo
for
LRMM/Sanders/Gooden

I think the money adds up. They might have to take on one of our minimum contracts too if our 74.3M hard-cap gets in the way.

What the deuce.

So we give up a starter, and two pretty talented bench guys, one of whom is on a rookie contract and shows a load of potential for being a starter in the nba. Plus we give up another project 7 footer.

In return we get a reasonable defender that can't do much else, a vet that isn't getting minutes on a pretty mediocre team, and a bench big that's grabbing the astonishing stats of 8 points 7 rebounds a game.

If milwaukee called Danny with that proposal he'd start laughing after he cleaned up his own vomit.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?