Author Topic: Gortat?/Josh Smith?...why not both?  (Read 4932 times)

Gortat?/Josh Smith?...why not both?
« on: November 24, 2012, 10:33:19 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Firstly, Phoenix, which could be done on Dec. 15th:

Sarver is one cheap owner, and the Suns are looking to the future, as the present is somewhat bleak.

Sarver will want two of Bradley/Sully/Melo, as they are all cheap (on rookie deals) and will probably want an expiring and picks.

Since this has to be done sooner, rather than later, Courtney Lee will be the sacrificial lamb as his contract is the first of Green/Bass/Lee that can be traded.

Lee's 4 year $5mil may be palatable to Sarver, but I can see him demanding a third team be involved to get him an expiring.

Also, everyone assumes that it is Bradley who will be demanded by Sarver. I'm not so sure that Bradley's trade value due to the question marks about his health is as high around the league as it is on this blog.

I can see Sarver taking Sully/Melo plus Lee/expiring from 3rd team and picks.

Now Atlanta:

Aside from Josh Smith and Horford, Atlanta is pretty weak as far as starting "talent" goes, especially at the 3/4. Enter Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. Both have been starters for talented teams and both are definitely an upgrade over what Atlanta has (or doesn't have) right now, aside from Josh Smith.

Smith will most likely be leaving at year's end, and they could lose him for nothing.

If Atlanta is building around Horford, they need to surround him with some talent. Both Green and Bass are close to Horford's age and fill a need. So:

On January 15th, Green and Bass for Josh Smith.

Add Kmart and Pietrus, and we are good to go.

Gortat/Wilcox/Collins
KG/JSmith/Kmart
Paul Pierce/Pietrus/Joseph
Bradley/Jet
Rondo/Barbosa

Re: Gortat?/Josh Smith?...why not both?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:35:37 AM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

Sarver is one cheap owner, and the Suns are looking to the future, as the present is somewhat bleak.

Sarver will want two of Bradley/Sully/Melo, as they are all cheap (on rookie deals) and will probably want an expiring and picks.

Since this has to be done sooner, rather than later, Courtney Lee will be the sacrificial lamb as his contract is the first of Green/Bass/Lee that can be traded.

Lee's 4 year $5mil may be palatable to Sarver, but I can see him demanding a third team be involved to get him an expiring.

Also, everyone assumes that it is Bradley who will be demanded by Sarver. I'm not so sure that Bradley's trade value due to the question marks about his health is as high around the league as it is on this blog.

Now Atlanta:

Aside from Josh Smith and Horford, Atlanta is pretty weak as far as starting "talent" goes, especially at the 3/4. Enter Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. Both have been starters for talented teams and both are definitely an upgrade over what Atlanta has (or doesn't have) right now, aside from Josh Smith.

Smith will most likely be leaving at year's end, and they could lose him for nothing.

If Atlanta is building around Horford, they need to surround him with some talent. Both Green and Bass are close to Horford's age and fill a need. So:

Gortat/Wilcox/Collins
KG/JSmith/Kmart
Bradley/Jet
Rondo/Barbosa

I don't know about u, but I LOVE that line-up but J.Smith would HATE it. He would wanna be beside Rondo in the rotations, not behind  ::)

But I think Gortat can come off the bench like in Orlando:
KG/Gortat/Collins
JSmith/Wilcox
Bradley/Jet
Rondo/Barbosa
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Now Atlanta:

Gortat/Wilcox/Collins
KG/JSmith/Kmart
Bradley/Jet
Rondo/Barbosa

I don't know about u, but I LOVE that line-up but J.Smith would HATE it. He would wanna be beside Rondo in the rotations, not behind  ::)

But I think Gortat can come off the bench like in Orlando:
KG/Gortat/Collins
JSmith/Wilcox
Bradley/Jet
Rondo/Barbosa

Excellent point...I'm sold.  :) The only question is "Will Phoenix and Atlanta be?"

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
There is no way Boston is getting both Josh Smith and Marcin Gortat unless Rajon Rondo is traded.  Period.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 12:34:30 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
There is no way Boston is getting both Josh Smith and Marcin Gortat unless Rajon Rondo is traded.  Period.
this. pierce or rondo will be included if we get them both.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Gortat and Smoove for our good but ARE role players? Man is do that in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately though, ATL and PHX would never do that. That's just so one sided for us. And one sided trades normally don't work in real life.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Gortat and bass to Atlanta

Smith to Boston

Lee, zaza, Jenkins,  melo and picks to  suns

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
this. pierce or rondo will be included if we get them both.

Rondo, I can understand, but not Pierce.

Sarver (being as cheap as he is) wouldn't want Pierce based on his contract alone, nevermind that he wouldn't fit into the Sun's immediate plans.

Hawks wouldn't want Pierce, because of his age.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Gortat and bass to Atlanta

Smith to Boston

Lee, zaza, Jenkins,  melo and picks to  suns
The question would be how many picks. I think the Suns would want two with that package. That or one and Sullinger instead of Melo (which I would do).
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Nobody will come. ::)

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 06:15:48 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nobody will come. ::)
Agreed - I don't think we have the assets to get either player.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
It's fine i think Jeff Green will be better than both of these. we have a bright future with JG

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Im not a fan of Josh Smith coming off the bench on that team. He would need to be starting.

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Im not a fan of Josh Smith coming off the bench on that team. He would need to be starting.

Agreed...and with Gortat and Wilcox/Kmart and Jet coming off the bench, that's an impressive rotation.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 04:01:56 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Agreed...and with Gortat and Wilcox/Kmart and Jet coming off the bench, that's an impressive rotation.

Impressive indeed.

Rondo/Barbosa
Bradley/JET
Pierce/Green
Smith/Wilcox
KG/Gortat

That is a lineup I could more then live with. Especially then bench. With Gorata Terry and Green all getting 20 - 25 minutes and wilcox and barbosa filling in for some sparks. Thats deadly.